FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

If brewster left (if only)

Guest ict1994

Guest bingobingo

would like to see the following

manager-robbo local good contacts in game has best win percentage of any ict manager attacking!!!!

assistant- charlie loves club not in direct firing line so not as much pressure on him also attacking!!!!!

coach - barry well respected good buffer between players and management and can learn his trade

all 3 local all 3 love the club all 3 succesful at club all 3 popular all 3 can communicate with fans bothh robbo and charlie signed cracking players (bingham wilson hastings dods black rankin cowie and vigurs woods duff)plus they WANT the club to be better than just staying in the premier league they want to be ambitous they want to win things jesus they want to entertain and no risk as they KNOW the players and wont waste precious months assessing our squad they would know strengths and weaknesses another manager might take to long and might be too late to stop our slide

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know where this myth that Robbo neglected fitness comes from, but anyone who had managed to get any kind of insight into the facts and figures kept for him on player fitness etc will tell you that programmes, regimes and diets were specifically tailored for each player to take account of their strengths/weaknesses and laid out so they could work on what was needed for the positions they played. Defenders worked more on strength, wingers on speed and stamina, central players and strikers worked on short sprints and agility etc etc.

Furthermore, he actually worked with players on things like set pieces (attacking and defending them), we had nominated penalty, free kick and corner takers for both sides of the pitch and they were all given time to work on these things.

I heard a story recently that one of our players requested last season that the club have a wooden cut-out wall made so as they could practice taking free kicks and they were told by Brewster it wasn't possible as we had nowhere to store it!!! Stuff like that is just scary.

I don't know where this myth that Robbo neglected fitness comes from, but anyone who had managed to get any kind of insight into the facts and figures kept for him on player fitness etc will tell you that programmes, regimes and diets were specifically tailored for each player to take account of their strengths/weaknesses and laid out so they could work on what was needed for the positions they played. Defenders worked more on strength, wingers on speed and stamina, central players and strikers worked on short sprints and agility etc etc.

Furthermore, he actually worked with players on things like set pieces (attacking and defending them), we had nominated penalty, free kick and corner takers for both sides of the pitch and they were all given time to work on these things.

I heard a story recently that one of our players requested last season that the club have a wooden cut-out wall made so as they could practice taking free kicks and they were told by Brewster it wasn't possible as we had nowhere to store it!!! Stuff like that is just scary.

That's absolute bullsh1t CaleyD. There's a cardboard cut out in the dugout.

Maybe he saw the cardboard cut-out as a threat to his position? :rotflmao:

i have to say that on the radio on saturdays, robbo is very much for caley all the time. However, i do think it would be a backward step - look what happened when we took brewster back. Never wanted him back

i say a managerial team of steven pressley and jim duffy

Guest bingobingo

i have to say that on the radio on saturdays, robbo is very much for caley all the time. However, i do think it would be a backward step - look what happened when we took brewster back. Never wanted him back

i say a managerial team of steven pressley and jim duffy

anyone sayin robbo wood b a step dwn is rong from wher i see thngs nuthin is a step dwn from brewster

Think you need to get your keyboard looked at...

Anyway, Robbo is history as David Sutherland once said and as DS still holds the strings at ICT dont expect Robbo back.

Anyway, cant see the board doing anything regarding Brew unless it goes really bad, his remit was to stay in the SPL this season.

Guest bingobingo

robbo could not save the sinking ship that was hms livi paul lambert left them in the mire :rotflmao:

robbo at hearts 2 semi s sacked for not letting liths pick the team signed some good payers lee miller mark burchill (goal scorers) :018:

robbo at county were they not top of league when board shafted him with budget? ;)

robbo at Derry pretty sure they won the cup :thumb04:

looks to me like he has been pretty succesful everywhwre apart from livy not many teans have come up right away from 1st div and team won a lot of games in the first division in the second half and late on at that so i agree its a myth about the fitness angle too new manager might take to long to assess the players leaving little or no time to get it right

jocky scott 3rd time at dundee winning now and he knows players

walter smith 2nd time won cups last year no s the players we need someone to steady ship not untried or untested plus i reckon robbo would not be tempted elswhwre and could be here long time

Guest GumbaRopo

Robbo did nothing of the kind, Donald Park did! :rotflmao:

Guest othersideofbridge

robbo could not save the sinking ship that was hms livi paul lambert left them in the mire :(

robbo at hearts 2 semi s sacked for not letting liths pick the team signed some good payers lee miller mark burchill (goal scorers) :022:

robbo at county were they not top of league when board shafted him with budget? :022:

robbo at Derry pretty sure they won the cup :022:

looks to me like he has been pretty succesful everywhwre apart from livy not many teans have come up right away from 1st div and team won a lot of games in the first division in the second half and late on at that so i agree its a myth about the fitness angle too new manager might take to long to assess the players leaving little or no time to get it right

jocky scott 3rd time at dundee winning now and he knows players

walter smith 2nd time won cups last year no s the players we need someone to steady ship not untried or untested plus i reckon robbo would not be tempted elswhwre and could be here long time

If you are correct with your stats the yes John Robertson has had success at the clubs he has been at but lets look at the other facts:

Hearts - SACKED

Ross County - left before SACKED regardless

Livingston - SACKED

Derry City - SACKED

For this 2 happen at two clubs I could understand as being unlucky but for 4 clubs to make the same decision then. Why would these clubs get rid of him if he is as good a manager as you are suggesting?

Edited by othersideofbridge

Guest bingobingo

lets look at your facts

hearts - refused to let liths pick the team see next 5 managers inc burley on that one who would not leave?

county -resigned shafted by board

livi- failed to get them up with mad flynn see pars st john partic dundee etc to see the problems with that

derry- steven kenny sacked and replaces robbo within couple of days mmmmmmmmmm

just saying he did well before and i would like to see him back but as said by others it would appear that ds does not like him so prob not a reality