FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Black & Proctor

Guest Jimmyski

Guest Jimmyski

Dundee United player-manager Craig Brewster has conceded defeat in his bid to

bring Ian Black and David Proctor to Tannadice.

The former Inverness boss returned to the Caledonian Stadium in a bid to lure

the pair to Tayside.

However, Caley rejected the United approach, leaving Brewster to look

elsewhere as he rebuilds his squad for the new season.

Brewster told the Evening Telegraph: "Caley have said `No' to the Proctor and

Black deal, so we'll have to move on.

Guest Benchy

The deal will go through, both players want to come and have set wheels in motion for a move. Transfer requests will be handed in soon and United will get the players at their reasonable valuation.

The deal will go through, both players want to come and have set wheels in motion for a move. Transfer requests will be handed in soon and United will get the players at their reasonable valuation.

They've not exactly been making a lot of noise about wanting to leave before now so why would they request a transfer all of a sudden?

Benchy, you ***, drag yourself back to the real world, NOONE would want to go to United from us, apart from Brew and he was pish. :001:

Benchy, you ***, drag yourself back to the real world, NOONE would want to go to United from us, apart from Brew and he was pish. :001:

Well put - Mee - very eloquent too...!!

I totally agree with you :021: :021:

As IHE has already said - this deal does not appear to be dead yet !!! I have heard from a usually reliable source that at least one of the two will be a United player come the start of the season ..... whether it is 'stuff and nonsense' who knows, but the source is normally fairly good .... the news makes me glad that Keogh has recovered :004:

Although we won these 5 games, I saw 3 of them and we were hardworking but pretty gash creatively. I think we would have missed Blackie badly if we had to face the top 6 teams instead of the bottom 6.

• 1 month later...

After today I think they'd be mad to go to United. I went to the Dundee derby and sat in the United end (my brother was playing in the fans game beforehand) and the abuse they gave their players was unreal. People complain about negativity at some of our games but I've never heard anything like today. From about 5 mins into the game it was just pure vitriol, really encouraging. I'll also add that United were absolutely awful and they were lucky that Dundee weren't very good.

Bobby Mann marked Brewster out the game  :015:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest robb0

Benchy, you ***, drag yourself back to the real world, NOONE would want to go to United from us, apart from Brew and he was pish.  :001:

i think it's you that is not in the real world mate, of course they want to go, United are a bigger club.

Guest robb0

Serious question - aside from a bigger wage packet (which is a reasonable reason to change clubs) what could they achieve at United that they couldn't at ICT?

nothing really!  Slight increased chance for the national team at best. 

Then again if we have a good season they have that here too....  i think it's an ego thing.

There was a similiar statement before the St Mirren game i remember, but TeamTalk.co.uk had this to say today....

Inverness head coach Charlie Christie is confident Scotland Future midfielder Ian Black will soon sign a new deal with the club.

The 21-year-old, whose current contract ends next year, has been the subject of interest from Dundee United this summer.

Now, after meeting with the player's agent, the Caley boss believes Black will soon pen a new deal.

Christie said: "The indications are that Ian is ready to commit himself and we are now in advanced negotiations to try to complete things."