FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Are you Supporting England?

Are you going to be getting behind England in the World Cup?  

212 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

Eh? I've not changed anyones post. When I posted the following...

The only person who will have voted yes is Ross!  :D ;)

...only one person had voted that they would support England. Using my almighty brain I would guess that would have been Ross seeing as up until that point he was the only person to have spoken in a generally positive tone about England on this thread.

EDIT:

Your post has changed since I started replying. Now I'm confused!  ??? I can assure you that I have changed no ones postings and just said that only one person had voted yes for supporting England which has changed since that comment was originally made.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh? I've not changed anyones post. When I posted the following...

The only person who will have voted yes is Ross!  :D ;)

...only one person had voted that they would support England. Using my almighty brain I would guess that would have been Ross seeing as up until that point he was the only person to have spoken in a generally positive tone about England on this thread.

EDIT:

Your post has changed since I started replying. Now I'm confused!  ??? I can assure you that I have changed no ones postings and just said that only one person had voted yes for supporting England which has changed since that comment was originally made.

We believe you RiG ;)

What do you think? 

;) ;D

Having watched Portugal tonight, I'd say it's time the press got off Sven's back. There aren't any 'easy' games anymore and getting three points is by far the biggest prize in your first match. A win on Thursday,  followed by another draw for Sweden, will do just nicely.

Can the English supporters not just phone each other and talk England rather than subjecting us to all this Englishness?  ;D

No they can't actually because my mums in bed :P. If England do make it to the final, don't care how i get there but i will be in front of a big screen somewhere in a English town centre ;D.

I really felt for the Mexico keeper today, hearing the story of how his dad had died a day before making his way over to Germany to watch his son and how one of the Angolan players family was slaughtered in a civil war leaving him to raise his family by himself.

if england are playing at any sport i want them to get humped, i paticularly enjoyed the recent rugby clash between england and australia  :D. i cant stand all the hype around there world cup campaign, songs released, mars bar changes to believe, f**kin st georges crosses every where. the comentators in england games are shockin with the amount of bias. every time they get put out of a comp they have always got an exuse. euro 2004 they blamed the penalty spot for beckhams conversion and this year its the water they blame after they the water after they play *beep* poor against paraguay.i so dearly hope they get humped or go out in a slow painfull shootout where beckscum misses in sudden death. so the answer to your question is no i will not be suportin england.

if england are playing at any sport i want them to get humped, i paticularly enjoyed the recent rugby clash between england and australia  :D. i cant stand all the hype around there world cup campaign, songs released, mars bar changes to believe, f**kin st georges crosses every where. the comentators in england games are shockin with the amount of bias. every time they get put out of a comp they have always got an exuse. euro 2004 they blamed the penalty spot for beckhams conversion and this year its the water they blame after they the water after they play *beep* poor against paraguay.i so dearly hope they get humped or go out in a slow painfull shootout where beckscum misses in sudden death. so the answer to your question is no i will not be suportin england.

Of course the commentators are going to be bias, it's there country and they want them to win. When Scotland play are you trying to say the Scottish pundits aren't bias? That annoys me but they have every right to be bias so get over it. Don't like it turn the sound off ;)

They do not have every right to be biased they are supposed to be professional broadcasters who  broadcast to more than one country,  If it was just bias though, it might be easier to put up with but its the sheer arrogance, gracelessness and ignorance that makes it such a turn off for people who come from civilised countries.

They do not have every right to be biased they are supposed to be professional broadcasters who  broadcast to more than one country,  If it was just bias though, it might be easier to put up with but its the sheer arrogance, gracelessness and ignorance that makes it such a turn off for people who come from civilised countries.

Yes because England isn't a civilised country :- ::)

I come from a 'civilised' country as you call it and i don't find it a turn off. And trust me Scottish pundits do it to the same lengths ;)

Get back in yer box ya grumpy old fert and leave us nice English people alone ya tcheuchter from the hills, time we had another clearance.

I always thought there was something not right about you  ;D

ITN Jnr, you're beginning to sound as if you're heading for a career in commentating! I'll have the volume button handy just in case  8)

Compared to other footballing nations of similar population, England have an abysmal record. When did they last win anything - 1966 wasn't it? ****, that's 40 years ago!

If they're such a dead cert. to win the World Cup, how come the top English club teams have got so few English players in them? One can only conclude that English players aren't as good as foreigners. Which is really what the English media hype is all about - rabble-rousing the gullible populace against Johnny Foreigner, who really has no business trying to compete with Hearts of Oak . . . . .

No, I won't be supporting England, but good luck to them. They're sure as **** going to need it.

And I hope such bitter comments from us chip-on-the-shoulder jocks doesn't discourage forum members from south of the Border from contributing to this site - after all, we may differ in some things but we all support the same club team!

I won't be supporting England on the grounds that I drew the Czech Republic in the office sweep!  :001:  (not a bad shout for the latter stages of the tourney actually after todays performance).

If I hadn't drawn the Czechs, I'd be supporting the Netherlands as I fancy them to do well.  Why?  Well given that my team (Scotland) didn't qualify on the grounds that we were crap surely I'm allowed to pick any of the 32 nations that happen to be there.  I don't actually wish any ill will towards the England players its more to get it right up the commentary teams who just do my nut in.

Get back in yer box ya grumpy old fert and leave us nice English people alone ya tcheuchter from the hills, time we had another clearance.

I always thought there was something not right about you  ;D

ITN Jnr, you're beginning to sound as if you're heading for a career in commentating! I'll have the volume button handy just in case  8)

I'd quite happily take up a career in commentating :004: :011:

If you want some REAL tub-thumping loutish commentating, then try Talk Sport, your self-styled official World Cup station. I tried it for a laugh on the way home last night and not only was it amateurish in the extreme compared to the BBC, but there was no crowd noise whatsoever, which suggested that they were watching the game on TV and broadcasting their thoughts over the air as they went along.

Motson may be irritating at times but he's a league above these guys....  :016: :016: :016: :016:

Guest Bonzo

Do English fans actually like John Motson??

To me he's a total a**e  :016:

I'm delighted I can change the commentary on Digital TV to Radio 5 rather than put up with him

I can't answer for The English - but personally I think Motson is an outstanding commentator. He has an incredible knowledge of the game, and describes the action with insight and humour.

"Compared to other footballing nations of similar population, England have an abysmal record. When did they last win anything?"

Compared to Spain perhaps... Ah yes, La Liga, the best  league in Europe by all accounts. Pity the national team has never made it past the quarter finals in ANY World Cup then, eh?  :016: :016: :016:

I don't care. 

I don't care if England win.

I don't care if England lose.

I don't care if Motty commentates.

I don't care if Motty doesn't commentate.

I don't care if ITN Junior commentates.

I don't care what the English media say.

I don't care what Bonzo says.

I don't care who Bonzo supports.

I don't care who any ICT supporter supports during the world cup.

I don't care who thinks I support another team.

I just dont care.

ICT are bigger than the Worl Cup, it is only a filler during the close season and merely a distraction before the start of the SPL, the real reason we are on this planet.

Get off the fence I hear you all shout,...................ok, I believe that Brazil will win, but watch out for Australia as an outside bet, and also Portugal.

However, I really don't care.

Guest AllyT

Yes.

I have spent the last 40 years watching the (UK?) media gushing over England's last World cup win. At least if they win the next 40 years relentless nostalgia will be in colour.