Were you watching Brew?

absent friend

Watching the St Johnstone match last night, I was amazed at the footballing ability on display by the home side.

If this is the level of competition to climb back up into the SPL, we better make sure we stay up.

Unity was requested to assist the team at this time - Brew, you now have the biggest groundswell of support for the team since ages, please, please, use this to lift the team before Saturday and put on a show to make us all proud and use that as the springboard, up the league!

The drop could be painful, the climb could be forever.

The future for ICT is in the SPL!

I think I missed the groundswell. :rotflmao:

Edit to add that I wasn't aware of any ICT fans who weren't 100% behind the team at any time.

Ask Rory if he feels that the ICT fans were 100% behind the team.

Of course all the ICT fans are - if Rory says otherwise then he is a filthy liar. :thumb04:

I think I missed the groundswell. :rotflmao:

Edit to add that I wasn't aware of any ICT fans who weren't 100% behind the team at any time.

Ask Rory if he feels that the ICT fans were 100% behind the team.

OK, maybe I could have used the term club as this is all embracing! Then of course I would have had the 'I don't support Brewster/Board' brigade not happy with my usage of that!

Just for the record, along with Chris's Rory, look at recent postings and see postings, non-positive, re Fraser, Esson, Rossco, Proctor, Hastings etc etc, right through the whole team!! No doubt, if you were the players, reading through the threads and saw all the names there, you would see the contributions as being a 100% supportive of the team, by the fans!

Aye, Right!!

Groundswell? When is the last time ICT fans had concern regarding their away support being too large for the area allocated to them by the home club? I would suggest this is indeed indicative of a groundswell of support that was not evident in the immediate past. Contrast that with 'the little band of ICT fans' as the BBC described our away match attendance recently.

The only people who can, IMO, be blamed of wavering support of the team are those who have demonstrated blind faith in Brewster and have been pointing the finger of blame at the players. Not saying players are entirely innocent, but they are not the source of the problem.

Others might try and spin the opinions of those who want Brewster out as being indicative of lack of support for the team, but I think that point has been clearly dismissed on several occasions....the support at the Aberdeen Game when people where noisier and giving out more positive vibes than has been witnessed at TCS all season, only overcome by Brewsters inability to stem the flow and we witnessed the third goal going in, and the decision from the Trust meeting where, despite differing views on "the solution", everyone wanted to include a message of support for the team in the statement that was issued.

A lot of people have had to do a lot of soul searching this season and one question that constantly seems to have come up is "How much support can people give the team in the knowledge that their input (financial and otherwise) is supporting aspects of the club which they are strongly against?". The point along that line where things change for people will differ depending on who you ask, but I'd happily bet that the vast majority of fans have asked themselves the question at some point this season.

As to the increased "support" this weekend, I don't think it represents any "groundswell" of support for the team. That support has always been there, it's just that various things have come together to allow and encourage people to attend the match...be that the reduced ticket price and free buses which make it more affordable or the statement from the Trust meeting that encouraged everyone to get behind the team.

And, getting back to the original point of the thread....ICT have achieved some remarkable things in their short history, but I wouldn't like to push our luck by trying to test if that extends to the ability to bounce straight back up to the SPL following relegation. Don't think there's too many people who underestimate just how tough that would be.

I had a dream [pause] that one day Rooney & Jackson will be representing ICT & Ireland as a forward partnership for years to come

ICT playing 2 up front would do for a start.

The only people who can, IMO, be blamed of wavering support of the team are those who have demonstrated blind faith in Brewster and have been pointing the finger of blame at the players. Not saying players are entirely innocent, but they are not the source of the problem.

Others might try and spin the opinions of those who want Brewster out as being indicative of lack of support for the team, but I think that point has been clearly dismissed on several occasions....the support at the Aberdeen Game when people where noisier and giving out more positive vibes than has been witnessed at TCS all season, only overcome by Brewsters inability to stem the flow and we witnessed the third goal going in, and the decision from the Trust meeting where, despite differing views on "the solution", everyone wanted to include a message of support for the team in the statement that was issued.

A lot of people have had to do a lot of soul searching this season and one question that constantly seems to have come up is "How much support can people give the team in the knowledge that their input (financial and otherwise) is supporting aspects of the club which they are strongly against?". The point along that line where things change for people will differ depending on who you ask, but I'd happily bet that the vast majority of fans have asked themselves the question at some point this season.

As to the increased "support" this weekend, I don't think it represents any "groundswell" of support for the team. That support has always been there, it's just that various things have come together to allow and encourage people to attend the match...be that the reduced ticket price and free buses which make it more affordable or the statement from the Trust meeting that encouraged everyone to get behind the team.

And, getting back to the original point of the thread....ICT have achieved some remarkable things in their short history, but I wouldn't like to push our luck by trying to test if that extends to the ability to bounce straight back up to the SPL following relegation. Don't think there's too many people who underestimate just how tough that would be.

1) I think maybe 'potential' was omitted, Don.

2) If the players were not to blame how come their performance received adverse comments on here, from fans, 100% behind their team?

3)As I stated, I hope Brewster does not underestimate how tough it will be, looking at last nights game!

1) I think maybe 'potential' was omitted, Don.

2) If the players were not to blame how come their performance received adverse comments on here, from fans, 100% behind their team?

3)As I stated, I hope Brewster does not underestimate how tough it will be, looking at last nights game!

1. No, not unless you subscribe to the mindset that only people who go to games are supporters.

2. As I said, they are not "innocent", but they are not the source of the problem (IMO). Also don't think that just because someone might be critical of performance means they are not supportive of the team.

3. Which I agreed with.