FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Flags of Inconvenience

Guest birdog

Proctor, fair play to you for explaining your position. You have given clear reasons for taking offence to the flag and for leaving politics out of football and i respect that.

However, one thing remains unanswered. What gives you, or the officials who asked for the flag to be removed, the right to determine how and where people express themselves?

A lot of people are offended by some pretty weird thing, Renegade's bizarre rant about fat people wearing football tops being a recent example, and if all those people's wishes were to be accomodated then we would soon find that we are unable to express ouselves at all.

I didn't say I was offended, I said it was sad.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At our next home game against Celtic no doubt we will see many, many foreign Irish flags flying.

Will the stewards have them and the bearers of such flags removed from the ground?

I suspect not!

I intend to fly my Tibetan flag and no doubt others will have their Palestinian and Cuban flags. All ICT supporters of course!

What is the response we can expect?

All we ask is consistency and no discrimination from our club and their stewarding representatives!

neksor

As has been said before, football is not the place for politics and neither is this forum. The flying of the tricolor and the Union jack by OF fans is part of their historical football alliances and, while not exactly non-political, is at least football related.

While we could fly the flag of any of our squad with some football legitimacy, we should not be taking our political views to the stadium.

Please leave your Foreign flags at home.

As has been said before, football is not the place for politics and neither is this forum. The flying of the tricolor and the Union jack by OF fans is part of their historical football alliances and, while not exactly non-political, is at least football related.

While we could fly the flag of any of our squad with some football legitimacy, we should not be taking our political views to the stadium.

Please leave your Foreign flags at home.

Just because they have historical links why does that make it all right? Rangers flying the Union Flag (it is only a Union Jack when flown from a ship's mast) is somewhat understandable given they are a British club but Celtic are a club which play in the Scottish PL, are registered as a company in the UK and their Stadium is in the UK so as far as I can see they are as Irish as potatoes (which were introduced to Europe from America, I believe)

Please leave your Foreign flags at home

I agree. WTF do Tibet and Cuba have to do with inverness caley thistle?