FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Do the Board want ICT to fail?

Renegade

I would say that nobody who supports the club (and that includes the board) wants to see the club fail - mistakes are made - there are restrictions on how the club can be operated - but in the end everybody wants to see the club remain in the SPL and be successful....

I would agree with that which makes it all the more inexplicable that the board are standing by a manager who has been an abject failure both here and at Taddadice.

The evidence appears to point to the fact that they do.

It has been clear since late Nov/early Dec that his tenure has come as far as it can. Here we are mid January looking in an even worse position than we were then.

They seem to be the only ones who do not see the writing on the wall and are happy for us to be relegated.

personally, i think the board know deep down that they made a mistake re-hiring him but dont want to admit it as they have never sacked a manager before and maybe want that to continue or they dont want to shell out a **** off fee?

At the end of the day it would cost us a lot more to get relegated! The chairman needs to grow some balls and show brewster, malky and bennett the door, but i feel it may be too late.

personally, i think the board know deep down that they made a mistake re-hiring him but dont want to admit it as they have never sacked a manager before and maybe want that to continue or they dont want to shell out a **** off fee?

At the end of the day it would cost us a lot more to get relegated! The chairman needs to grow some balls and show brewster, malky and bennett the door, but i feel it may be too late.

Compensation to Brewster is not the issue, his existing contract is up at the end of this season. It would not, in relative terms, be expensive to punt him.

Compensation to Brewster is not the issue, his existing contract is up at the end of this season. It would not, in relative terms, be expensive to punt him.

If I am right, and I am usually wrong, then to get rid of someone would mean paying off their contract? If this is the case then put someone else in charge and keep Brewster and his cronies on but in a different capacity at the club. eg if Brewster is "Head Coach" then install a "manager" above him. Or if Brewster's contract stipulates he is a "player manager" he has full say in who is picked for the team so boot him out due to breach of contract as he no longer picks himself to play. There is always a way around contracts.

If I am right, and I am usually wrong, then to get rid of someone would mean paying off their contract? If this is the case then put someone else in charge and keep Brewster and his cronies on but in a different capacity at the club. eg if Brewster is "Head Coach" then install a "manager" above him. Or if Brewster's contract stipulates he is a "player manager" he has full say in who is picked for the team so boot him out due to breach of contract as he no longer picks himself to play. There is always a way around contracts.

He could simply be put on "gardening leave" until the end of the season.

I don't think it's to do with money at all. The very fact that they've given Brew money for new players wages shows that they want to stay in the SPL. Unfortunately, they are a pack breed. The little clique just thinks 'what do they know? We had a couple of chances in that game. It's bound to go our way soon.' But it's not luck. It's tactics and player exchanges. Saying week after week 'we need to defend better' or 'we just couldn't score' isn't bad luck, it's the team's playing style.