FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ossie Ardiles

caleyjags

In the name of god will you Ardiles fans get a grip.

Ossie seems a genuinely nice bloke and you obviously can't question the guy's track record as a player but his statistics as a manager speak for themselves.

I don't want to point out the bleedin' obvious but we're staring relegation and potential oblivion in the face and now is not the time to entertain talk of an appointment which is never going to happen and turns the process into a circus sideshow.

Grasser and co. need to issue a polite but firm, "thanks but no thanks", and get on with appointing someone capable of dealing with the blood and snotters of a relegation dogfight.

Edited by ymip

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sh@te. ardiles would be fantastic for the club. i personally would love to see him try to bring his footballing philosophy up here, who are the players going to listen to between him and robbo?

one has won the world cup and manager two of the ibggest names in english football, the other managed us, left us in limbo before slagging us off and now needs a bit of easy money so all of a sudden he is interested. there are no negatives from the appointment of ardiles. i'll be gutted if they appoint anyone along the lines of robbo, it just shows gutless non-ambition, and penny-pinching at a time when we need to push the boat out or we'll be sailing down sh@T creek to div1 before we know it.

In the name of god will you Ardiles fans get a grip.

Ossie seems a genuinely nice bloke and you obviously can't question the guy's track record as a player but his statistics as a manager speak for themselves.

I don't want to point out the bleedin' obvious but we're staring relegation and potential oblivion in the face and now is not the time to entertain talk of an appointment which is never going to happen and turns the process into a circus sideshow.

Grasser and co. need to issue a polite but firm, "thanks but no thanks", and get on with appointing someone capable of dealing with the blood and snotters of a relegation dogfight.

well said

I'm shocked he's interested but now isn't the time for a gamble.. and if (heaven forbid) we are relegated can you honestly imagine him sticking about in the first division??

Robbo knows the players and will have done his homework... I wouldn't be surprised if he already has his line up picked out for Saturday. You know with Robbo he would never leave the club in a mess, I get the impression Park isn't happy working with Mixu and would move to Inverness on Robbo's say so.

Ossie could be the a complete disaster!

Edited by Harry Chibber

i feel it is time for a change at Caley and bringing in a foreign man will do that. He will tell the players how to play more fancy football. Sure others may do just as well but i beleive that Ardiles will bring the most attractive football to Inverness and that is something the fans have not been able to see.

Totally agree with this opinion! Why so negative of what could be a great opportunity for ICT. I know for a fact that the players were run into the ground by CB and other aspects of their game was neglected as a result. Its not that we dont have talent in the team, we most definitly do but it has to be nurtured and utilised by an experienced tactician and lover of beatiful football if we are going to benefit from watching their skill in action each week and not just on the odd occasion.

As for the number of clubs he's managed I would say that was a plus especially when you learn of the reasons why he moved on from them! He is experienced and has lead other teams out of relegation what makes managing ICT be different!

New start new blood!

i feel it is time for a change at Caley and bringing in a foreign man will do that. He will tell the players how to play more fancy football. Sure others may do just as well but i beleive that Ardiles will bring the most attractive football to Inverness and that is something the fans have not been able to see.

Totally agree with this opinion! Why so negative of what could be a great opportunity for ICT. I know for a fact that the players were run into the ground by CB and other aspects of their game was neglected as a result. Its not that we dont have talent in the team, we most definitly do but it has to be nurtured and utilised by an experienced tactician and lover of beatiful football if we are going to benefit from watching their skill in action each week and not just on the odd occasion.

As for the number of clubs he's managed I would say that was a plus especially when you learn of the reasons why he moved on from them! He is experienced and has lead other teams out of relegation what makes managing ICT be different!

New start new blood!

ok new start I can understand where you are coming from, 14 jobs and and 14 sackings I fail to see how you can support that, this is a stage of getting stuck in and get out of it, not 5 forwards and lets go for it .

New start new blood!

ok new start I can understand where you are coming from, 14 jobs and and 14 sackings I fail to see how you can support that, this is a stage of getting stuck in and get out of it, not 5 forwards and lets go for it .

With the exception of Alex Ferguson, Kenny Dalgleish and very few others most managers of that age group have had many jobs. Is bringing back a manager from the clubs past the answer? I doubt it! But hey ho everyone is entitled to their view on things, despite most of us not having first hand experience of how to survive as a manager in todays 'culture' of wanting things to happen yesterday!

Well, I fail to see the negatives should he be appointed.

Doubting his past management skills re his ICT management needs is nonsense. It is like stating that a F1 driver cannot drive the Croy bus because he has not had a win for a while!

Comparing his past management requirements with that required here is unrealistic - he will have forgotten more than Reid/McPherson/ etc has ever learned.

This would be the biggest thing for ICT, all the reporters/cameras/ crowds to see Ossie's team - yes, ICT!

The players would have to play, they would be walking on air and the fans would be delighted with their new found fame.

His name would attract players who would normally not give ICT consideration.

His contacts would have us playing with players from the four Continent's he has graced, all on loan, to keep us up.

No need for snot each week, just graceful attacking football.

I suppose this last statement sums up the Others v Ossie as I see it.

Something folk should remember is that ICT have always been a better team when the ball is played on the deck (none of this hoof up the park nonsense). Ossy seems to love attacking football (which a lot of folk say they want to return to) and is big on keeping the ball on the deck. With these credentials, his style could be perfect for ICT.

Unfortunately Mr Ardiles knows nothing at all about the club or SPL Football - I think he will be surprised about the salary that will be on offer to him - but even if that is not an issue to him - then if you watch the interview he is talking about buying players in and the way of doing it with our financial resources is not the splash the cash way at Newcastle or Spurs - I think he would be in for a big shock when he finds out a bit more....

Don't get me wrong this is great publicity for the club (albeit it for the wrong reasons - bottom of the SPL and looking for a new manager) as he was a great little player BUT this is nothing more than a PR stunt to get Ardiles back in the shop window for a job at an English club nearer to his home and kids....

Doubting his past management skills re his ICT management needs is nonsense. It is like stating that a F1 driver cannot drive the Croy bus because he has not had a win for a while!

Even the bus drivers don't want to drive the croy bus :rotflmao: :thumb04:

this is nothing more than a PR stunt to get Ardiles back in the shop window for a job at an English club nearer to his home and kids....

I watched the interview too and you are spot-on. Its a warnock like stunt to get himself noticed in England again.

The only thing he knows about Inverness is that "it is cold". If he were truly interested he might know a little more .... easy enough to do an hour's work and have a few facts to hand when you know the BBC are coming to do an interview.

And for those saying his 14 jobs shows experience ...... having 7 of them in the last 8 years, 4 of them for less than a year suggests something entirely different !!!

According to Wikipedia, Ozzie appeared in the film Escape to Victory, he also played as number 1 for Argentina and was named J League Manager of the Year for 1998. He was also manger of Croatia Zagreb in the Uefa Champions League.

Edited by Renegade

I agree with Scotty.. He's not interested if he was he would have done a little research before the interview.

How impressed would we have been, if when asked about Inverness he had said something like.

I feel the reason they are in the position they are in is because there defence has been a shambles and they previous manager persisted with playing one up front. I would seek to get the defence solid and move to a more attacking form of play.

I'm not going to be so quick to knock his interest. He might consider it short term to get himself seen and if he can turn things around and save us from the drop then it would more than likely spark interest from elsewhere....if that is what he's after.

His ability to do the job I can't really comment on as I know little about the guy.

Surely a name such as ossie ardiles would not need to produce such a cheap stunt to get himself noticed? i think he actually wants the job, he obviously believes in football and the right way to play it.

i don't seem to remember hard work and team work helping us so far, if we are going down then i'd like it to be a fight, and ossie is the man for that. added to that robbo doesn't appeal to me at all, people have very selective memories. butcher would be decent, but ossie would be the best pick of the bunch.