FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Right Decision?

Yngwie

?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Was the appointment of Butcher & Malpas the right decision?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure

In true "nailing my colours to the mast" style I have gone for Not Sure. I think, of the names mentioned for the job that he is the best but that doesn't mean he is the best man for the job as such. I think we can avoid relegation though and he will give the whole place a huge lift.

Additionally, anyone is better than Brewster.

Guest Murdock

I went for yes. Partly because I won some money on the appointment.

I am sure he will have it in him to motivate the team off the bottom.

I am another not sure. Its hard to say if its the right decision without seeing his team play. With the fans getting behind him at the start, it will give him a good chance of saving us from relegation.

He has a great chance of being a local hero and all he has to do is move one place up the league to succeed. Only then the board will then be judged as making "the right decision" on who the manager is and wether they left it too late in bringing somone new in.

Good luck to Butcher

Not sure!

I think it's understandable that the fans are a wee bit cautious. After all, the board's decision to appoint the previous manager hardly turned out to be a rip-roaring success ! :018: I'm hopeful that lessons have been learnt and Butcher will be a success?

Nothing against Butcher by the way (...well, nothing except him being an ex england and ex rangers captain ! :rotflmao: :thumb04: ), I would have voted 'not sure' whoever was appointed. We'll only know if it's the right decision if we're still in the SPL come the end of the season!

Edited by RednBlackComeback

Only 1 vote for no!

wasn't me by the way.

Apart from Robbo, Butcher probably was the best man for the job. As said on another tread the players will look up to him.. And he can surely help out our leaky defence.

I went for yes. Partly because I won some money on the appointment.

I am sure he will have it in him to motivate the team off the bottom.

Nice one Murdock , I new Butcher was the 1st choice but could only get odds of 9/4 and as I didn't know if he'd accept the job thought it wasn't worth a punt .

I don't recall a poll where so many people sat on the fence. Normally we're a very opinionated bunch!

It goes without saying that only time will tell. But the Board didn't having the luxury of waiting to see if he turns out to be a good manager for us, they had to make a decision and I was just interested to see what the "approval rating" is before a ball has been kicked.

The answer is NO - because the final decision was swayed by internal politics and ego orientated numpties.

Having said that - Butcher would have been my second choice - but I would have loved to see Barry wilson or Charlie Christie - with the local knowledge - employed as the assitant or assistants. Malpas is a muppet with a long list of failures.

But as some have alluded to - we have no time to squabble and we simply have to back the man and the team.