FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Naelifts

Am I correct in thinking that there were three thousand souls at the game yesterday and a third of them were from Falkirk? I seem to have picked that up from somewhere.

If so then the suits must be getting very twitchy. This does noy bode well. After one of our best EVER results and for a Scottish quarter to boot you would have been hoping for 50% more.

It looks to me like a good swathe of our support are either unable to justify the cost of attending on a saturday or are just entirely pissed off with the entertainment, or lack of it , that has been served up this season. These people may be hard to get back.

Should the club gamble and lower prices; produce a mini season ticket; or simply sit back and hope for the best.

Of course, needless to say and before anyone points it out............I wasnae there. I had a 10 year olds birthday party to attend...........it was great.

Maybe its partly to do with the fact that many of us are more interested in staying up than getting into semi's of cup

Dont get me wrong i'd love to have gone to Hampden but first & foremost survival means more

Credit Crunch could be another factor

Also maybe some folk are saving their money to go to Falkirk game in a couple of weeks

(Hopefully its a decent ref , yesterdays one was shocking !)

Guest Muir-Jaggie

a lot of people would have stayed away cause of the weather (just like the partick game), alot of fans will be thinking its a cup game it doesnt really mean anything to us this season if were trying to stay up in the SPL and plus everyone nos of the credit crunch

Not a season ticket game, home team splits the dosh.

Bairns had a decent crowd up for this one, probably close to 1000.

My guesstimate would be nearer 4000.

There was no danger of there being 3000 there. The figure was nearer 4500 to 5000. I wonder who it was that authorised the falsifying of the attendance?

No chance was there anywhere near 5,000. If there was 1000 o so Falkirk fans there if you watch the highlights and it shows the North stand it didnt look that much fuller than the falkirk end. Also the main stand wasnt anywhere near full even exculding the wings. So the announced crowd prob wasnt far off the real crowd. maybe 3,500

Scottish Cup attendances have been falsified since The Mantis was in nappies. See any number of threads on CTO.

We do need to find another thousand fans for league games though, even if we do get a good bit more than Hamilton and that's in their first season up.

Guest CaleyJAGGIE

i was dissapointed when i heard the attendence at the game on saturday. i thought a semi-final at hampden, and a chance to beat our relegation rivals would of made a few more fans go to the game. the club could of made the tickets a bity cheaper. fair play to the falkirk fans for bringing a 1000 up here.

League attendances are boosted by the inclusion of non-attending season ticket holders and cup games are historically thought to be under counted....the reality in terms of actual bums on seats is (as with many things) likely to be somewhere in the middle.

League attendances are boosted by the inclusion of non-attending season ticket holders and cup games are historically thought to be under counted....the reality in terms of actual bums on seats is (as with many things) likely to be somewhere in the middle.

I don't know how many season's tickets holders ICT have but do they all get counted, as present, in the crowd number, before any cash payers are counted??

If this is the case no wonder I never get my predicted crowd number correct for home games!

There was no danger of there being 3000 there. The figure was nearer 4500 to 5000. I wonder who it was that authorised the falsifying of the attendance?

Not one of your better attempts at stirring up trouble or discontent. The attendance, which was officially declared by ICT early in the second half, was 4005.

Not one of your better attempts at stirring up trouble or discontent. The attendance, which was officially declared by ICT early in the second half, was 4005.

Charles, I think he is referring to the cup game and not Saturday's.

The poster is talking about the Scottish Cup game v Falkirk last weekend not the League game v Kilmarnock the other day.

The poster is talking about the Scottish Cup game v Falkirk last weekend not the League game v Kilmarnock the other day.

Apologies, I didn't realise that this was an older thread. It's not like people on here to complain, is it?

Not in recent weeks to be fair !

My theories on lower official crowds at cup games:

1. Season ticket holders who feel they've already paid enough so dont attend the cup games.

2. The unsupported allegations of crowd fixing.

3. Each club is entitled to a large number of freebie tickets and these are not included in the gate count.

Personally I dont believe No.2 applies because there would need to be a system of transparency it place to allow the opposing team to audit the figures.

Edited by Alex MacLeod
Additional comment

My theories on lower official crowds at cup games:

1. Season ticket holders who feel they've already paid enough so dont attend the cup games.

2. The unsupported allegations of crowd fixing.

3. Each club is entitled to a large number of freebie tickets and these are not included in the gate count.

Personally I dont believe No.2 applies because there would need to be a system of transparency it place to allow the opposing team to audit the figures.

i would aggree with number one. The season ticket is pretty expensive. But the cup tickets for ?15/?10 in any stand was a good idea. Makes more people go i think. I dont mind paying a tenner for the main stand but others may not.