FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Up Front ?

Note that on the Killie team thread that nobody is going fer Imrie up front - well apart from Dead Wood and well -

I really feel that we should start Foran up front and drop Imrie back - I did consider Rooney but I think we need some pace - I would go fer Morais rather than Eric in that respect.

Can I have some responses but keep it civil.

I did notice when Rooney came on yesterday Imrie moved to left wing with Foran going more central and we looked a lot more dangerous. I don't think we shoud start with Eric but he has the pace to cause defenders problems in the last 10 or 15 minutes like he did against Celtic. I would go with Foran and Rooney against Killie

Rooney is, in my opinion , our best striker.

I think, for Saturday, I'd partner him with Foran.

It would be tremendous if Butcher could develop a successful partnership up front at this vital time. I've said often before on these pages that I can't understand why Rooney doesn't get a regular start, I really thought Butcher's arrival would change things.

It may be that Morais would be a better option than Foran but I'd like to see us use Morais' pace on the right flank. Foran is more liable to be able to look after himself up front.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

i would say rooney is like boyd. i think hes the kind of striker that is lazy (but he does do some running) and you need another striker up with him so he can do the running just like miller and boyd. i remeber at the start of the season boyd was always on the bench and came off the bench and scored just like rooney. it took boyd ages to get back to old ways. maybe put foran or morais up with him and keep them up front for a few games see if it works

i would say rooney is like boyd. i think hes the kind of striker that is lazy (but he does do some running) and you need another striker up with him so he can do the running just like miller and boyd. i remeber at the start of the season boyd was always on the bench and came off the bench and scored just like rooney. it took boyd ages to get back to old ways. maybe put foran or morais up with him and keep them up front for a few games see if it works

The trouble is we dont have the luxury of a few games to see if it works - every game and every point is vital now. I thought Morais was pretty anonymous yesterday, and Imrie is certainly no striker, so I would go with Rooney and Foran to start up front against Killie - just think those two have the potential to score some goals together which might see us still in the SPL next season. Need to find a proper striker in the summer though.

Imrie and Foran up front. Foran wins his fair share of headers and also gets himself into finishing positions better than anyone we have. With Imrie up top his effortless runs will drag defenders away to create space for Foran as well as mayb'e nipping the odd chance for himself but he is no winger. The boy can't cross to save his life.

As for Morais i would probably like to see him deployed on the right-wing, his pace is crucial and his quick control makes him tricky for defenders. On the left i would get Vigurs back in, while he wasn't the quickest he was always the best player for set-pieces and crossing and that left foot of his packs a powerful shot.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Vigurs has a cracking shot in him. i remeber the game against rangers weere we lost 3-0. just before half time he shot outside the 18 yard box and it the side netting thought it was in :rotflmao:

was that the last game vigurs played in???

We need someone that can shoot, anyone don't care if they can't play football. This is something we have lacked for a long time and you're right Vigurs could be that man, as he has a great shot and can play footie too.

Problem sorted!

I'd go with:

---------------------------------------Imrie------------------------------------

-----------------Rooney---------------------------------Foran----------------

Rooney and Foran with Imrie sitting just behind. Morais could replace Rooney but he'd be better off using his pace on the wings, with Vigurs at left wing. But I agree that a proven striker who can knocking him in for fun is needed in the summer. Butcher might be able to do this by getting someone from the lower English leagues in.

Edited by Renegade

I'd go with:

---------------------------------------Imrie------------------------------------

Rooney and Foran with Imrie sitting just behind. Morais could replace Rooney but he'd be better off using his pace on the wings, with Vigurs at left wing. But I agree that a proven striker who can knocking him in for fun is needed in the summer. Butcher might be able to do this by getting someone from the lower English leagues in.

gosh here we go , Perm anyone from whatever we have left!!! You have no, repeat strikers, otherwise Saturday with the spirit showed , u would have won

repeat NO strikers

I'd go with:

gosh here we go , Perm anyone from whatever we have left!!! You have no, repeat strikers, otherwise Saturday with the spirit showed , u would have won

repeat NO strikers

Come again?

I'd go with:

repeat NO strikers

Come again?

Well we have no strikers that are striking!

I think we should have a friendly game against Elgin or Inverness Ladies and get our forwards to score a barrowload - feel what hitting the back of the net is like and gain a little bit of confidence.

Had we an ounce of confidence up front on Saturday we would at least have had a replay.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

I'd go with:

repeat NO strikers

Come again?

I think we should have a friendly game against Elgin or Inverness Ladies and get our forwards to score a barrowload - feel what hitting the back of the net is like and gain a little bit of confidence.

Had we an ounce of confidence up front on Saturday we would at least have had a replay.

what makes you think they can score against elgin or inverness ladies??? lol

Imrie proved he can run about all day and get stuck in, but the final ball/pass/shot is erratic to say the least.

Saying that Butch will more than likely stay with that same starting 11 as before and see how things go.

How a bout a "friendly" against County?

At least lionel could get a game and I'm sure the boys would relish facing Brewster. Of course they wouldn't try to hurt his shoulder, honest!

How a bout a "friendly" against County?

At least lionel could get a game and I'm sure the boys would relish facing Brewster. Of course they wouldn't try to hurt his shoulder, honest!

You mean like that Clach game a few months ago that was played in one half with two keepers!

Kick Lionel in the nads just before kick off and play him upfront. Partner him with Bannerman who surely will be rejuvenated under Butcher. Give them 40 minutes and then change things if there is no advantage to us in the score.

Is that Charles Bannerman? :rotflmao:

He can talk a good game! I dont think he would last 40mins!!!!