FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Matchday Thread: St Mirren -v- Ict

Scotty

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys! Why did Mihadjuks sit on the bench?

guessing because he missed last game and butcher may want to get him a reserve game first before playing him again. he did look a little lost when warming up being so used to playing every week.

also saw morais hot-tailing it out the ground at the end so a wee white van outside the stadium

Just back from the game, and i cannot believe the negativity of some of you guys, who sat on here whinging at the lineup/formation and didnt even go to the game!

when i first heard the lineup i was positive, and though this would be interesting! which it was! i havent seen the goals clear cut, but some of the play was outstanding!

how good was imrie? him bombing down the wing was immense, everyone knew he was going to be there, and so he was. im sure terry will notice this and keep this up.

people also need to give barrowman a chance. although he had no clear cut chances, he was a good asset. he is 10x better than rooney, still rooney does absolutely f all to impress me. barrowman was chasing balls here there and everywhere. good passes and touches aswell.

so lets lighting up guys. i was on such a low when they equalised, i was still jumping 10 minutes later after they scored what proved to be the winner. unreal! we are so close now to being safe, we have managed to get a win after our first game in the split, and we are at home next week against hamilton - and we know what to expect from them!

lets get behind the boys, quit the negativity and give them a chance...because after what i witnessed today, the boys are working their socks off!!

13th game not unlucky!

remember to watch the game BBC Alba (sky 168) at 8pm tonight :rotflmao:

to StMirren, yes. To caley, no

and i dont have sky :@ anyone know if i can get it from the internet???

13th game not unlucky!

remember to watch the game BBC Alba (sky 168) at 8pm tonight :thumb04:

to StMirren, yes. To caley, no

and i don't have sky :@ anyone know if i can get it from the Internet???

Butcher's 13th game in-charge :rotflmao:

it could be on BBC iPlayer later on!

Just back from the game, and i cannot believe the negativity of some of you guys, who sat on here whinging at the lineup/formation and didnt even go to the game!

people also need to give barrowman a chance. although he had no clear cut chances, he was a good asset. he is 10x better than rooney, still rooney does absolutely f all to impress me. barrowman was chasing balls here there and everywhere. good passes and touches aswell.

Some of us didnt go to the game for the reason with 3 away games in the next 3 weeks it aint going to be possible to go to all the away games and of course you could go you live much closer to the park so will you be coming up next sunday and the last game of the season when you need to travel for a few hours

Barrowman 10 times better than Rooney = :018: :rotflmao: :thumb04:

Sweet that was. Not much skill but I'd take passion and effort like that every week. Rossco MoM. Both teams could play a bit in spells but the game was so tense the ball was in the air half the time. We wanted it more though. Full marks to the Royster, hardly knew Dormouse was playing.

Only 312 away fans but what a racket we kept up for the whole game. Johndo is the new Messiah. His first appearance in the North Stand was momentous ;) :rotflmao: :thumb04: :018: :lol:

Edited by The Mantis

It is fascinating to look through their forum and Rossco is the Big Thug. Having said that, many of them like his never say die attitude.

This is from a true football fan and he or she is to be congratulated for their dignity in defeat

'To be fair, I'm going to give a special mention to the ICT fans. That wee group sang their heart out for 90 minutes. Even though I'm gutted and angry about the result as anyone, their team deserved to win and it was nice to see at least one group of genuine fans go home happy. '

Extremely pleased with the result just seen the game on ALBA and have to say Tokely's goal felt just as good seeing it on TV as it did seeing it live. He was immense today and felt the whole team did well. Just a shame falkirk also won but at least the gap is still at 4pts.

We should have blown them away just after half time when Imrie made his own personal assault on the Mirrren goals, having about six shots in five minutes, unfortunately all off target. Lionel possibly caught out for their goal, but otherwise he had a decent game. Rossco scoring the winner in Paisley. You can't write stuff like that, the big man was magnificent, great in defence and scored the winner against his beloved buddies fans, brilliant. Good craic in the stands, well done to all for creating a noise. I thought Foran had a good game and Imrie back to his best being a nuisance player. Roy was on a man marking mission, hardly kicked the ball, but snuffed out his opponent well. Fraser did what he had to do. All in all, great day out and worth the cheap tickets just to see Rossco get the winner.

Fandabbydozey

Roscoe is an absolute LEGEND.

Wan every ball in defence, countless times he outjumped 'jimmy' hamilton (feckin annoying tannoyman who didn't aknowledge the caley scorers) and kept everything under control.

Then he pops up and scores THE best goal ever completely out of the blue, a fantastic reaction from the fans and the players. One of the GREAT goals to witness first-hand.

Probably the best performance for months, although we didn't really control the game at any point (maybe for the first ten minutes of the second half) we showed the bottle and never-say-die attitude that we need. Roscoe simply epitomises everything good about ICT, especially today. Must be sore for midden fans, tokely scoring a late winner.

Black was superb, foran was tireless, imrie was immense down the wing and mikey was flawless. These three points may be the biggest in the clubs history.

Also, barrowman being ten times better than rooney isn't as laughable as you might think, he did well when he was on the pitch, and although rooney was given the thankless task of lone striker he didn't impress.

once again, TOKELY IS VICTORIOUS. :rotflmao: :thumb04:

I love rossco :thumb04: !

I still don't know how it went in.

It was funny when he was celebrating cause all the players just jamp on him and he was lying there with like 5 players on top of him! :rotflmao:

It's a massive step towards getting safety and an indication of the confidence Terry Butcher has instilled in the team.

barrowman deserves some credit for today. the amount he has gotten and here put in a shift, just needed the bounce of the ball a couple times, was very close to a cross ball in second half that ended up with mcbain having a shot. hopefully butcher starts him next week as a run of games will give him confidence and would be good for him to score the goal that secures our safety.

"We said if we could match Falkirk's results then we would stay up. It's going to be tight and there will be another round of games next week"

Yes Terry, very good. There IS going to be another round of games next week...

Fantastic day yesterday. Some of the football was a wee bit patchy, but the fighting spirit of the players was unbelievable. This is exactly what we hoped Butcher would be able to provide, and he's done it brilliantly. When I was sitting at Fir Park in December, almost reluctant to applaud our last minute penalty because the performance had been so bad, it felt like the club would never have days like yesterday again. Yesterday was ICT Pele-style, in attitude if not in footballing ethos.

From a footballing point of view, what's interesting is the selection dilemma Butcher had created for himself. Tokely was excellent at centre half, as apparently he was against Hamilton, so does Pav come back in next week? If Morais is fit again next week, does he come in and if so who does he replace, given that he can play either up front or wide? I was interested to see some praise for the Barrowman/Foran combination from other who had been at the game. I'm glad to see Foran up front and Imrie wide at last, but again Barrowman looked like he doesn't quite have the pace to play as a striker in a team that is playing on the counter-attack. That's not to criticise his effort: I thought he really put a shift in yesterday, passed intelligently and linked play well when he dropped deep, but unfortunately, dropping deep meant he couldn't get back into the box in time to make himself available for the ball again.

Lastly, although it's been said plenty of times already, our support was out of this world. All the boys that led the singing should be proud of themselves - kept it up for the whole 90 minutes and didn't let anyone sink into apathy after the St Mirren equaliser. I'm sure the support played a big part in keeping the players going, and it would be brilliant if it was a good in all the remaining fixtures. Probably the greatest moment was not at the game itself, but getting off the train at Glasgow Central: the boys sang all the way down the platfrom and through the station, and as myself, Caley Stan and our mates went down toward the Argyle St exit, all we could hear was the whole place echoing to chants of "ROSSCO, ROSSCO". Legendary stuff.

Lionel possibly caught out for their goal, but otherwise he had a decent game.

Sorry, no possibly about it. Bad defending from DZ. Good finish from Hamilton though.

Tokely was immense at CB again (from the TV pictures) and he seems to have steadied Munro a wee bit there. WOuld that seem a fair comment for those at the game?