Pre-season Friendlies - Announced

caleyrule

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here they are in a nutshell.

PRE-SEASON FRIENDLIES

Tuesday 7th July Clachnacuddin away 7:00 p.m.

Saturday 11th July Buckie Thistle away 3:00 p.m.

Tuesday 14th July Elgin City away 7:45 p.m.

Wednesday 15th July Huntly away 8:00 p.m.

Saturday 18th July Brechin City away 3:00p.m.

Wednesday 22nd July Forres Mechanics away 7:45 p.m.

Saturday 25th July Montrose Home 3:00 p.m Alba Challenge Cup.

Tuesday 28th July Dundee United Home 7:45 p.m. (time TBC)

Saturday 1st August Annan Athletic Home 3:00 p.m. Co-operative Insurance Cup

The Club is still in discussions regarding a further fixture on Tuesday 21st July 2009.

Tuesday 7th July Clachnacuddin away 7:00 p.m.

Saturday 11th July Buckie Thistle away 3:00 p.m.

Tuesday 14th July Elgin City away 7:45 p.m.

Wednesday 15th July Huntly away 8:00 p.m.

Saturday 18th July Brechin City away 3:00p.m.

Wednesday 22nd July Forres Mechanics away 7:45 p.m.

Saturday 25th July Montrose Home 3:00 p.m Alba Challenge Cup.

Tuesday 28th July Dundee United Home 7:45 p.m. (time TBC)

Saturday 1st August Annan Athletic Home 3:00 p.m. Co-operative Insurance Cup

Yes :D

If i knew where Brechin was, then maybe.

For the Elgin game, lets all bunch up toghter and make as much noice as possible. When i went a couple of years back, i sat on my own :D no noice and couldnt see a caley fan in sight.

Iv concivence some of my Tim-ish mates to come along.

I'll only manage the Huntly and Brechin games this year, due to being up the West Coast for the first 2 weeks of July, then Japan from the 21st-9th August and then Oslo for the Scotland game for the 10th-13th.

First time i'll have been at Brechin's ground though, so that's something to look forward to :D

This is not official, but I would doubt it very much if there was a bus running to any friendly against a Highland league side to be honest. There would be insufficient interest in these games as a lot of second string players are attached to these friendlies, and they are not big crowd pullers.

We sstruggled to fill buses when we were in the SPL.

This is not official, but I would doubt it very much if there was a bus running to any friendly against a Highland league side to be honest. There would be insufficient interest in these games as a lot of second string players are attached to these friendlies, and they are not big crowd pullers.

Was there a supporters bus last time we were in the 1st division?

Was there a supporters bus last time we were in the 1st division?

P U B L I C ?

Foress - easy from train station and bus stop

Elgin - easy from bus station, ay be difficult from train station (help can be aquired Wyness101 by me :P)

Buckie - now i dont know where the bus stops by i know my way around Buckie

Dont ask for others, i aint got a clue :angry:

Wyness101, will you be asking for a supporters bus for County away :angry: :angry: ko

WHAT - NO BUSES - Shouldnt the feckin management of this Club not be organising this ?

The buses were never fill for SPL games so i doubt we will be able to fill a bus for a game against Huntly or Bucke

WHAT - NO BUSES - Shouldnt the feckin management of this Club not be organising this ?

The buses were never fill for SPL games so i doubt we will be able to fill a bus for a game against Huntly or Bucke

Mini bus ... 15 seater, have payment and booking just now so you know if you need to book more than 15 seats....

Simples :angry:

Mini bus ... 15 seater, have payment and booking just now so you know if you need to book more than 15 seats....

Simples :angry:

I went to the ICT v Rothes game last summer and there was 3 ICT fans its a mini u need to book

The usuall load of boring friendlies, not interested in attending even one of them. What is the point in playing Highland league opposition, it never seems to prepare us for the level we face when the league starts, maybe thats why we have always seemed to be slow starters in the league.

I'm not expecting any glamour friendlies or big names but maybe if we even played a couple of lower league english teams as well it would be a bit refreshing and give us a different challenge

The usuall load of boring friendlies, not interested in attending even one of them. What is the point in playing Highland league opposition, it never seems to prepare us for the level we face when the league starts, maybe thats why we have always seemed to be slow starters in the league.

I'm not expecting any glamour friendlies or big names but maybe if we even played a couple of lower league english teams as well it would be a bit refreshing and give us a different challenge

Lower league English teams on a highland tour... why would thay want to play us, at least with these fixtures we "Fan's" can have a look at them and at least attend the matches.

Moneys tight, jobs and players are being let go, or asked to take cuts, why then should the club waste money going down south to play diddy teams? When we have local teams (not calling them diddys btw) that our fans can go watch and allow the smaller teams to make a couple of quid from us, we are playing Dundee United at home too, far from a diddy team IMO.

I think some of our "Fans" should have a think and see that these games are to be looked forward to, and as ive already ranted about, at least we can go watch them, and show support for our team

Lower league English teams on a highland tour... why would thay want to play us, at least with these fixtures we "Fan's" can have a look at them and at least attend the matches.

Moneys tight, jobs and players are being let go, or asked to take cuts, why then should the club waste money going down south to play diddy teams? When we have local teams (not calling them diddys btw) that our fans can go watch and allow the smaller teams to make a couple of quid from us, we are playing Dundee United at home too, far from a diddy team IMO.

I think some of our "Fans" should have a think and see that these games are to be looked forward to, and as ive already ranted about, at least we can go watch them, and show support for our team

I'm not talking about every game but we should have tried to get 1 or 2 home games against lower league english opposition. A few teams would consider and have done a highland tour before, why wouldn't they? Im sure a couple of teams would have came up for a game if we had tried.

Im sure a couple of teams would have came up for a game if we had tried.

and we would likely have had to foot the hotel and travel bills .......

I know we all would like to see "glamour friendlies" but the bottom line is that we are cutting costs and cutting jobs so it would be a huge slap in the face to those who did/do lose their jobs if the saving went straight into splashing the cash to bring big names up to the stadium ..... reality check time folks ... no matter how distasteful it may be !

I'm not talking about every game but we should have tried to get 1 or 2 home games against lower league english opposition. A few teams would consider and have done a highland tour before, why wouldn't they? Im sure a couple of teams would have came up for a game if we had tried.

Yeah they could use the highland football academy centre in dingwall for all there traning and stuff like that. They could easily play us and county when there up. Think Blackpool did that a few seasons ago? They came up and played us and county

Im sure a couple of teams would have came up for a game if we had tried.

and we would likely have had to foot the hotel and travel bills .......

I know we all would like to see "glamour friendlies" but the bottom line is that we are cutting costs and cutting jobs so it would be a huge slap in the face to those who did/do lose their jobs if the saving went straight into splashing the cash to bring big names up to the stadium ..... reality check time folks ... no matter how distasteful it may be !

I'm not talking about priemiership teams, maybe league 1 or 2 teams would be interested in a game. Would freshen up pre season a bit along with the predictable and boring games we have every year.

Foress - easy from train station and bus stop

Elgin - easy from bus station, ay be difficult from train station (help can be aquired Wyness101 by me :P)

Buckie - now i dont know where the bus stops by i know my way around Buckie

Dont ask for others, i aint got a clue :party01:

Wyness101, will you be asking for a supporters bus for County away :lol::lol: ko

Yeah, I read about that in the papers. :004:

Also, there's no sign of a Testimonial Match for Richard Hastings - his Testimonial Dinner was months ago and surely the game (if there's going to be one) should be arranged by now - what's the update from his Testimonial Committee?

Lizi

You are spot on. I was having a conversation about this with someone last night. I think it has to be held by September as that's when his testimonial year ends.