FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Does Anyone Actually....

FortressICT

Think we will get promoted?

I can see us being in the 1st division or even lower until we get rid of our current board.

If you have 6/7 million to buy our club then you could get rid of our board without that get used to our board

Think we will get promoted?

I can see us being in the 1st division or even lower until we get rid of our current board.

No. But then I never thought for one minute we would get promoted anyway. I've said for a while now that Dundee are favourites for the league. What would be an extra worry however is that with players like Kerr and Morais etc all leaving (and with Kerr going to SFL1 rivals) it isn't going to convince people like Foran (little chance anyway) and Obidiambo (or however you spell it) to stick around as well. I know we need to live within our means but it is becoming all the more clear that we don't have the financial muscle required to push for the title this season and maybe even next.

Edited by RiG

can someone please tell me what they are doing so wrong, We have been put down in the 1st Div, In good shape cash wise, there is alot going on just now behind closed doors, waiting to see whos taking up offers and the likes, money if very tight right now, I only hope they come up with a good plan.. My only real problem I've had with them was holding on to CB for far two long, and if im honest i'd have rather seen JR at the wheel but TB has and i home will continue to do an awsome job...

There is alot of talk " the board arnt telling us anything " but if you read the P&J there is alot to read from that, I dont thing they are keeping secrets just they are busy busy busy, I mean TB is away still and im sure they'd want to run everything by him and talk with him before announcing game plans, Tacitcs and the likes... If it wasnt for the BoD who'd be fronting us the cash...... HIE?? god help us....

I'm thinking.... New year, new Div (it has changed in our 5 years out) im going to give them a chance to impress....

as you said above, I think the fact they havent come out yet saying they want to leave or arent that interested is a hopful sign, Foran will stay if TB's future lies with us...

Edited by georgeios

Probably too early to pass judgement on how we will do in the 1st Div but I for one am not confident of a quick return. The way the squad is looking or, perhaps more realistically, isn't looking at the moment live in the 1st will be a struggle. The friendlies could be a good pointer for us on what to expect for the season.

can someone please tell me what they are doing so wrong, We have been put down in the 1st Div, In good shape cash wise, there is alot going on just now behind closed doors, waiting to see whos taking up offers and the likes, money if very tight right now, I only hope they come up with a good plan.. My only real problem I've had with them was holding on to CB for far two long, and if im honest i'd have rather seen JR at the wheel but TB has and i home will continue to do an awsome job...

There is alot of talk " the board arnt telling us anything " but if you read the P&J there is alot to read from that, I dont thing they are keeping secrets just they are busy busy busy, I mean TB is away still and im sure they'd want to run everything by him and talk with him before announcing game plans, Tacitcs and the likes... If it wasnt for the BoD who'd be fronting us the cash...... HIE?? god help us....

:lol: thank-you finally someone is on the same wave length as me

Too early to say what'll happen , i'm hoping we get some decent signings + Foran & Odhiambo to stay

Due to the fact i wasnt particularly interested in the SFL last season you'll have to excuse my ignorance but If Dundee are hot faves to go up next season , how come they didnt do it this year ? did they just come into money ?

If Foran and Odhiambo stay coupled with some good summer captures then our chances of promotion are very high me thinks. Dundee will be tough competitors but i don't think they will coast through the league.

Unless the following above happen i think we will languish in the 1st Division for a few years.

With the money they are spending and their recent experience of life in division one Dundee are my favourites for promotion. However, we are retaining a core of seasoned professionals and if we add one or two others in key positions there's no reason why we can't be competing at or towards the top in which case there's alwaays the possibility of winning should Dundee slip up especially if their very many new players take time to gel.

If only we knew what was going on behind the scenes and what team / squad was going to start the season. Success or otherwise is highly dependent on who we keep.

Totally agree until we see the squad complete it is difficult to say, I would be more confident if we could hold onto Eric and Foran

If you have 6/7 million to buy our club then you could get rid of our board without that get used to our board

6 or 7 million :rolleyes: Dont think the club would be valued at that much

My guess is it would take about 2m to buy out the shareholdings, a further 2m to buy the stadium rights and an initial investment of 3m to get the club back on a strong footing. So 7m is probably pretty close to the requirement.

6 or 7 million :rolleyes: Dont think the club would be valued at that much

My guess is it would take about 2m to buy out the shareholdings, a further 2m to buy the stadium rights and an initial investment of 3m to get the club back on a strong footing. So 7m is probably pretty close to the requirement.

All in all to much for anyone to take over, so by the 3m to get the club on a strong footing which is highly unlikey does this mean we are never likely to get back on a strong footing

We were alway within our means but I dont think we were on a particularly strong footing. What I would use that three million for is to get a decent squad together, tied on decent length deals, get a system in place that would see a marked increase in ticket sales over the next few years. Promotions, school visits, free tickets to kids etc. Improve the infrastructure of the catering and corporate services. Never be in a position where we need to promote hospitality but have a waiting list of people wanting to experience the experience and wanting to come back for more. Promote the use of the Kingsmill suite every day. Lunches etc.

St Johnston do lunches every weekday at McDairmid and its always fully booked. Were I in charge I'd be looking down all those lines with my 3m. Though chances are the nearest I'll ever get to 3m is wrapping xmas presents.