FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dunfermline V ICT : Matchday Thread

Scotty

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely brilliant result!!!!

What a promising start to 2009/10.... Lets hope we can build on it.

If we could only get hold of a decent striker.... Foran coming back from injury and suspension will certainly help us, but we could still do with at least 1 more powerful figure up front.

I can't see any future for either Barrowman or Rooney with ICT now...

by the sounds of it, I had two mates in the home end we played the ball forward well i have some choice quotes about how we finished the play thought... lets just say Foran and Sanchez will be a much better combo... we did well played well and at the end of the day they said it should have finished 2-2 with all our and there missed chances... we won so really i dont give a flying poop!!

Morgan Spice--yes you really put your finger on it as far as the overseas contingent is concerned. For me I can only say it was very frustrating morning; every link I tried there was either no real information, no updates or no response and even the chatroom was empty.So even finding out the score was hopelsss. Eventually I drifted back to this thread and Tichy Black helped us out by posting the score for which I thank him.

Oh well a great start to the season B)

by the sounds of it, I had two mates in the home end we played the ball forward well i have some choice quotes about how we finished the play thought... lets just say Foran and Sanchez will be a much better combo... we did well played well and at the end of the day they said it should have finished 2-2 with all our and there missed chances... we won so really i dont give a flying poop!!

If only Lionel had scissor-kicked the one across the goalmouth, it might have gone in. Sanchez had his best five minutes just before he was taken off - spurred into action by Sutherland warming up?

By the way, talking of bus stop wakners, did anyone else see Dougie Imrie sitting on a wall at a bus stop on the Halbeath Road?

If only Lionel had scissor-kicked the one across the goalmouth, it might have gone in. Sanchez had his best five minutes just before he was taken off - spurred into action by Sutherland warming up?

If only if only!! Hear you brother!!

Game of 2 halves, we had the majority of possesion and oppertunities in the first half, although nothing clear cut. Rooney was causing there defence constant problems with his physical presence and our midfield pair won everything in the centre of the park but we weren't clinical enough in the final third. When Dunfermline did try and pass the ball they did it well with Bayne at the centre of anything positive. We should have had a couple of goals in the first half but Rooney left his shooting boots at home...

Second half and Dunfermline came at us, could have easily bagged a couple of goals if it wasn't for some excellent last ditch challenges. After defending hard for a period we started to get to grips with the game again and made/missed a few brilliant oppertunities. Haynes seemed to make a difference when he came on the park and he floated in a lovely corner which bounced out to the edge of the box where Cox was standing... and the rest is history.

I would have settled for a draw but this result could be vital come the end of the season. I think if we had Foran & Tokely in the team this would have been a comfortable victory but then it wouldn't have been as dramatic :D

Very optimistic for the rest of the season now, plenty of things to iron out but all our new players seem well up for the challenge

Esson :) :) :)

Did everything that was expected of him and a clean sheet... good to have him back.

Proctor :lol: :lol:

Shakey at best, their number 11 ripped him to shreds in the second half. I don't think he completed a pass all game!!!

Munro :D :D :D :D :D

MOTM, won everything in the air and showed to all the doubters he can be a leader. Full marks to the big man I thought he was a rock today

Bulvatis :) :) :) :)

Did well, good debut

Djebi-Zadi :) :) :)

Great run and could have scored but as ropey as ever at the back. Such a frustrating player but great entertainment

Imrie :) :) :)

Worried the keeper with a fizzing shot but never really got into the match. Hopefully he's not out for long because we are really struggling for cover on our right wing

Cox :) :) :) :)

Great finish... Black who??

Stratford :) :) :) :)

Managed to keep both Duncan & McBain out of the squad and I can understand why. Never stopped and hardly put a foot wrong

Eagles :) :) :)

Preferred Haynes to be honest. Eagles worked hard but his final ball was awful

Sanchez :lol:

Either unfit or didn't want to be there... he could turn out to be a decent player but looked very lazy

Rooney :lol: :( :(

3 for effort, caused plenty of trouble for their centre halves but he could have put the game to bed in the first half... missed a bucket load of chances

Haynes :) :) :)

Once he loses a couple of pounds he could be a real star for us...

McBain :(

Offered nothing as a sub apart from some incomplete passes

Sutherland (??) :)

Certainly offered more than Sanchez

Edited by Harry Chibber

Just back, what a finish and what a result! We were celebrating Cox's goal like we had just won the league.

Can't argue with Harry Chibber's take on things much. As he says, Munro was immense, particularly one goal-saving block in the first half. Cox was our MOTM for me even before he scored, for, ladies and gentleman, we appear to have found a very young midfielder with a heck of a lot of quality. It feels a lot like Ian Black Mk II, it really does.

As said before, Tokely and Foran were badly missed. Proctor looks short of sharpness at the moment, he came up against a livewire winger in David Graham who ripped him to shreds in the second half. The lack of Foran left us without a target man option, and while Rooney put in a shift, he looked bereft of confidence in front of goal, missing when clean through in the first half, then fresh airing a great chance in the second. It's hard to know what to make of Sanchez, who looked fabulous in the final third but struggled to get into the game. I can't help feeling that our current style is more suited to a front two of Foran and Odihambo.

Can't argue much with TB today - he went with the starting XI I would have, then threw Hayes on at the right time to make an impact. Hayes looks chubby but has a real burst of pace and could be a real find as well. I wonder at what point TB decides Djeci-Zadi's usefulness going forward is outweighed by his defensive frailties?

Anyway folks, we are in the results business, and that was one fantastic result.

Just back, what a finish and what a result! We were celebrating Cox's goal like we had just won the league.

That's exactly how I felt! Was a really good game to be at - good atmosphere from our fans, we played well in the first half and Rooney missed loads of good chances. Barrowman will be proud of him.

Second half, Dunfermline had the upper hand, but we still had a chance or two. Graham Bayne was their main man, winning a lot in the air and at the centre of most of their chances. As for our goal, I really don't care if Lee Cox's goal took ten deflections, we got a very good three points. I think he is going to turn out to be a very, very good player for us. :lol:

Just back, interesting reading here. Rooney was slow and one dimensional. The only shift he put in was in lasting 90 mins. Sanchez looked nae bad. At least he turned and put the ball into channels - unfortunately for a guy who couldn't run fast enough to exploit it. We need Foran back. We did miss Roscoe today, no runs from deep and Grantie was immense. Also thought that Bulvitis was good. Star for me was the support - Hat's off to you. Great numbers, great voice but why oh why did you have to screw it up by shouting abuse at the sub keeper. You know who you are and you know you did. If he wears a Caley shirt, he deserves your support full stop.

Im just back from the match :lol:

My first away win on the bus :lol:

the game was evenly matched but I was soo happy when Cox scored.

when it went in it took me a while to register it :lol:

Hopefuly this is a sign of whats to come :lol:

I'm glad someone else noticed. The people chanting this stuff need to be challenged. I registered my disgust at one point, and I'm happy to discuss it with any of them who feel justified with giving the abuse to Kyle Allison that they were.I'll be in the North Stand as usual next week, and the Innes beforehand. I know that most of you are just bairns, but this is unacceptably ignorant and just not on.

Just back, interesting reading here. Rooney was slow and one dimensional. The only shift he put in was in lasting 90 mins. Sanchez looked nae bad. At least he turned and put the ball into channels - unfortunately for a guy who couldn't run fast enough to exploit it. We need Foran back. We did miss Roscoe today, no runs from deep and Grantie was immense. Also thought that Bulvitis was good. Star for me was the support - Hat's off to you. Great numbers, great voice but why oh why did you have to screw it up by shouting abuse at the sub keeper. You know who you are and you know you did. If he wears a Caley shirt, he deserves your support full stop.

Oh, jings, was it Allison who was the target of those idiots shouting "gypsy b*****d"?

That's appalling.

Apparently, he fell out with one of our fans and is a County supporter so was getting stick for it :lol: Sums up our fans to be honest. Don't get me wrong I'm the first to get stuck in with c*unty banter but he's an ICT player ffs!! If he did have an altercation with a fan, then that fan should have settled it then or taken it up with the proper authorities at the time... shouting abuse with a rake of your mates from a stand doesn't make you a big man

I seen the same lot try to pick a fight with Barrowman at a game last season... shame because a lot of the younger guys coming through spend a fortune following the team and have been excellent but a few f@nnies spoil it

Edited by Harry Chibber

First half I thought we were by far the better side. We had more of the ball, played some decent passes and had better chances. Second half we seemed to sit a lot deeper, like our players were scared to lose. Having said that, the Pars didn't offer up much going forward other than long range shots, few of which troubled Esson.

I thought that Eagle was abysmal, Rooney was terrible and Imrie looked ineffecitve. I hop that this is a one off as going forward we didn't look much. The chances that Rooney missed were unbelieveable, especially the one in the first half when he was clean through,. Hayes seems a much better option than Eagle, who didn't do anythuing.

Great strike by Cox, fantiastic bounce frfom the fans. Good support I thought.

Didn't know who the player was getting the stick from the fans, but it was pathetic. Grow up bell ends..