FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dunfermline V ICT : Matchday Thread

Scotty

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, jings, was it Allison who was the target of those idiots shouting "gypsy b*****d"?

That's appalling.

The chants aimed at Kyle were the only negative part of the day. Really disgusting. He is an ICT player and as such deserves our support. Where he comes from or who he fell out with had nothing to do with it.

The stewards and police were excellent today and allowed us to get right behind the team so it's a real shame that a minority of fans chose to abuse one of our own players. A number of people around me didn't realise that the abuse was aimed at Kyle, but Kyle was aware of it and it'll do nothing for his conifdence.

Thanks guys for creating a fantastic atmosphere today, but please refrain from personal abuse.

Edited by L_G

Oh, jings, was it Allison who was the target of those idiots shouting "gypsy b*****d"?

That's appalling.

The chants aimed at Kyle were the oly negative part of the day. Really disgusting. He is an ICT player and as such deserves our support. Where he comes from or who he fell out with had nothing to do with it.

The stewards and police were excellent today and allowed us to get right behind the team so it's a real shame that a minority of fans chose to abuse one of our own players. A number of people around me didn't realise that the abuse was aimed at Kyle, but Kyle was aware of it and it'll do nothing for his conifdence.

Thanks guys for creating a fantastic atmosphere today, but please refrain from personal abuse.

I was sitting at the front, I heard the "singing" but I didn't have a clue who it was directed at until I was on the bus home & Kath told me.... :angry:

If he ends up in goals for us, are they going to continue this?

I bet none of them would be brave enough to shout that at a home match! :lol:

Was very pleased to hear the result in amongst brassed off Morecambe fans today.

Sounds like we have brought in some good players and i hope this form continues. Heard Sanchez is lacking fitness so he may look better once he gets some better training under his belt. I heard Eagle was poor but he looked good in pre-season and may just need time to settle.

re the allison chants, i thought that it was a wind up at first but then heard the reasons behind it. Dont want to comment because i wasnt there but if wat is being alleged is true then allison deserves some stick, i presume that will be a one off, the fans have vented their anger and made their point but wouldnt see a need to continue it all season. i believe players that show commitment and desire to play for the club deserve our support but i dont believe a contract with the club gives you our unwavering support. btw i didnt join in with the chants

back to the game - its good to be back. started really well but felt some players faded out the game and it longer it went on the pars were looking more likely to win it. was very impressed with cox, both new wingers look decent, stratford started well but dissapeared, bulvitis will maybe need a few games to adjust but there was on show to see he will be a decent defender.

i suspect we will need to fight for every point this season, no easy games in this league

Impressive away support, especially for us! Great atmosphere, brilliant goal. Only negative was the anti- Allison chanting, but to be honest him and Shane Sutherland appeared to be laughing at it. Most of it was well natured, but it got a bit overboard. I didn't join in. Ended up on the row below at the end, ****** my shoulder in doing so. Why dont some of you who lurk this board all day come down? You can't be THAT busy, especially as its a pretty important season.

That's appalling.

The chants aimed at Kyle were the oly negative part of the day. Really disgusting. He is an ICT player and as such deserves our support. Where he comes from or who he fell out with had nothing to do with it.

I was sitting at the front, I heard the "singing" but I didn't have a clue who it was directed at until I was on the bus home & Kath told me.... :angry:

If he ends up in goals for us, are they going to continue this?

I bet none of them would be brave enough to shout that at a home match! :lol:

Yes agree with all the above, it was a shame about the chant aimed at the lad Kyle because I thought that the support today was superb and a credit to ICT, so cut out the nonsence but keep up the rest.

As I said elsewhere, I am taking this season one game at a time and heading out with the aim to enjoy as much of it as I possibly can...trying to spend a bit more time appreciating what we've got instead of moaning/complaining about what we don't have.

I have to say that today pretty much ticked all the boxes and provided the best day out at the football I've had in a longgggg time. The company down was great, pre-match was great, football provided all the hands in the air, hands on the head and head in the hands moments you could ask for and apart from a few eejits getting carried away with the chants at Allison the atmosphere was about as much as you could ask for. Even when things weren't going our way the fans remained vocal and got behind the team, and I think the goal was a deserved reward for the efforts of the 12th Man.

Roll on Dundee as I fancy another wee away day :lol:

by the sounds of it, I had two mates in the home end we played the ball forward well i have some choice quotes about how we finished the play thought... lets just say Foran and Sanchez will be a much better combo... we did well played well and at the end of the day they said it should have finished 2-2 with all our and there missed chances... we won so really i dont give a flying poop!!

By the way, talking of bus stop wakners, did anyone else see Dougie Imrie sitting on a wall at a bus stop on the Halbeath Road?

Was he with someone? What was he wearing?

re the allison chants, i thought that it was a wind up at first but then heard the reasons behind it. Dont want to comment because i wasnt there but if wat is being alleged is true then allison deserves some stick, i presume that will be a one off, the fans have vented their anger and made their point but wouldnt see a need to continue it all season. i believe players that show commitment and desire to play for the club deserve our support but i dont believe a contract with the club gives you our unwavering support. btw i didnt join in with the chants

That was more than 'some stick' as you put it. Regardless of what may or may not have happened the abuse was inappropriate. I don't think that there is any excuse for it.

Was convinced Dunfermline were going to take this in the second half, so a hell of a result :lol:

Didn't think Eagle was too bad at all, he at least put in a bit of effort. Rooney needs more pace, and Sanchez, who'd I never seen before so may be missing something, I thought contributed very little. Seems far too lightweight to me.

We still seem to have lost the ability to try for goal if we're more than a couple of yards out, and to needlessly pass it back and fore before someone takes a stab at it. Why can't we find strikers who aren't afraid to shoot?

But other than that small gripe, a great day out. Here's hoping for many more.

And Lionel easily MOTM for pure entertainment value.

That was more than 'some stick' as you put it. Regardless of what may or may not have happened the abuse was inappropriate. I don't think that there is any excuse for it.

Exactly, I don't recall jumping back to primary school.

I am in that picture YAY IM FAMOUS (4 Rows from the back in the middle)

The only downside was the abuse of Kyle Alison. I sang in pretty much every song apart from that one. It was a complete disgrace. If that had never happened the support was brilliant on of the best I have seen I reckon and thre have been many a good away game

As for the game I am delighted to get the 3 points and Lee Cox he is going to be a hero we need to get him signing a contract extenstion ASAP. Grant Munro was a match winner as well some brilliant blocks and tackles. Much better than in the cups

Rooney can F off to be honest. He couldnt hit a barn door. He was through on goal in the first half and it was harder to miss the target than hit it and guess what he did

Eagle wasnt very impressive either Hayes will be so much better in that position. He looked really dangerous when he came on. Even more impressice that he was playing on the right wing when he is left footed.

I thought everyone apart from the 2 mentioned above played really well but I cant be bothered to say what I thought about them all just now but they did play well

WE ALL LOVE COX

cracking game, one of the best away atmospheres for a long time, and the players appreciated it.

just the kind of start we were needing, foran in for rooney (slow, didn't look sharp) and we are sorted. Looks like dougie is going to be out for a while though, but hayes did well when he came on.

Surprised a bit at pars quality, they had us pinned back in the 2nd half, the only thing they can't do is break a defence down.

all in all, one of, if not the, best away days for a few years. Definitely the best post-match reaction ever.

Was there a Dunfermline fan in the Caley end or was that some huge misunderstanding :boldblue:

There was indeed a Pars fan in the Caley support, but as his partner is an ICT fan we let him off. He upset a couple of people when he jumped up as they nearly scored, but they all kissed and made up and there were no more problems after that.

Aye well spotted ajsict, most of the usual suspects can be identified on that picture.

I thought we started the better team and Dunfermline looked a poor team. But as we wasted good possession Dunfermline clawed their way back into it before half time. Rooney can't get any quicker, he always looks laboured and slow to react in the box. In his favour, he battled away as a lone target man not always getting the support he needed and won a few knock on headers, but without support it was futile. My view on Eagle is that he performed OK, not always beating his man but he worked hard enough. Lionel had our closest attempt as he raced down the left and as the Pars defence retreated he smashed a low shot across the keeper which glanced off the base of the post. Cox had a quiet first half by his standards but plugged away and scored a goal at the death reminiscent of Keogh at Clyde, as he first timed a shot past the diving keeper. Neither keeper had too many direct saves to make although both had their palms stung by fierce long range efforts, ours coming from Imrie. The cumbersome Rooney missed the best opportunity for us when in pole position he screwed his shot wide from ten yards with only the keeper to beat. Grantie held firm at the other end when he blocked an attempt from six yards as the striker pulled the trigger and looked as though he would score, thats when the Dunfy lad jumped up to celebrate. Rooney again turned as quick as the QE2 and another chance went abegging. Dunfermline started the second half further upfield and the pressure was now mounting on the ICT rearguard, although most of their efforts were from long range. Kirk had a shot smack the top of the post with Esson stranded as Pars took a stronger grip of the game and tghey looked the more likely to score. into the last fifteen and we started to come out of our shell and the game took on a new end to end look. Sanchez waltzed past some defenders and had his shot deflected wide when he looked set to open the scoring and Dunfermline had a couple more anxious moments in our box before Coxy popped up and lashed home the winner. It looked like a scene from the world cup finals as our fans went delirious and tumbled about in the stand.

MoM for us I thought Grantie stood firm today ably assisted by Bulvitis and Proctor. Lionel showboated his way through the first half but took a couple of knocks in the second half. Imrie was anonymous that strike on target apart, never noticed him until he got replaced. Stratford much the same. Sanchez looks to avoid the 50/50 challenges but is a tricky customer and could easily have scored before Cox did but for desperate Pars defending, and he manufactures it himself.

Graham looked threatening for Pars and Bayne and Kirk linked up well.

Aye well spotted ajsict, most of the usual suspects can be identified on that picture.

I thought we started the better team and Dunfermline looked a poor team. But as we wasted good possession Dunfermline clawed their way back into it before half time. Rooney can't get any quicker, he always looks laboured and slow to react in the box. In his favour, he battled away as a lone target man not always getting the support he needed and won a few knock on headers, but without support it was futile. My view on Eagle is that he performed OK, not always beating his man but he worked hard enough. Lionel had our closest attempt as he raced down the left and as the Pars defence retreated he smashed a low shot across the keeper which glanced off the base of the post. Cox had a quiet first half by his standards but plugged away and scored a goal at the death reminiscent of Keogh at Clyde, as he first timed a shot past the diving keeper. Neither keeper had too many direct saves to make although both had their palms stung by fierce long range efforts, ours coming from Imrie. The cumbersome Rooney missed the best opportunity for us when in pole position he screwed his shot wide from ten yards with only the keeper to beat. Grantie held firm at the other end when he blocked an attempt from six yards as the striker pulled the trigger and looked as though he would score, thats when the Dunfy lad jumped up to celebrate. Rooney again turned as quick as the QE2 and another chance went abegging. Dunfermline started the second half further upfield and the pressure was now mounting on the ICT rearguard, although most of their efforts were from long range. Kirk had a shot smack the top of the post with Esson stranded as Pars took a stronger grip of the game and tghey looked the more likely to score. into the last fifteen and we started to come out of our shell and the game took on a new end to end look. Sanchez waltzed past some defenders and had his shot deflected wide when he looked set to open the scoring and Dunfermline had a couple more anxious moments in our box before Coxy popped up and lashed home the winner. It looked like a scene from the world cup finals as our fans went delirious and tumbled about in the stand.

MoM for us I thought Grantie stood firm today ably assisted by Bulvitis and Proctor. Lionel showboated his way through the first half but took a couple of knocks in the second half. Imrie was anonymous that strike on target apart, never noticed him until he got replaced. Stratford much the same. Sanchez looks to avoid the 50/50 challenges but is a tricky customer and could easily have scored before Cox did but for desperate Pars defending, and he manufactures it himself.

Graham looked threatening for Pars and Bayne and Kirk linked up well.

I think that is a good summary of the game. I would agree with all of that maybe apart from the Eagle part but he has plenty of time to improve

I cant wait for the Dundee game now. Hopefully we will get another atmosphere like that. It was brilliant one of the best for a long long time