FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Booing

Guest WynessLegend

Seriously though listen to the commentary 10-15 seconds in.

"That's the voice of Terry Butcher you can hear screeching" if he can do it, then so can we.

Sorry birdog but RiG says we're not allowed to voice our opinions , oops thats not correct is it ? We are allowed to voice our opinions but only if they're positive eg. we were really great against Dunfermline and deserved our win !!!

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest birdog

Seriously though listen to the commentary 10-15 seconds in.

"That's the voice of Terry Butcher you can hear screeching" if he can do it, then so can we.

Sorry birdog but RiG says we're not allowed to voice our opinions , oops thats not correct is it ? We are allowed to voice our opinions but only if they're positive eg. we were really great against Dunfermline and deserved our win !!!

I'll bite my tongue in future, every time an open goal is missed or a bad pass leads to a scoring opportunity against us I shall limit my comments to "dashed unlucky old chap, better luck next time" I only pay for the privilege of watching and not passing comment. I wish ICT paid me then I could shout and scream like Butcher and Malpas do.

Edited by birdog

Last year, Saint Johnstone won the league having drawn 14 games. Ayr drew last weekend with Partick, I think? It just shows you how tough this league is. We had a relatively new team out there on Sunday, with only 5 players starting who were playing last year, and I think they will need time to get to know each other.

The booing was a bit excessive in our first home game of the season. Ayr came for the draw and they got away with it. As has been said on another thread, we play better away from home as teams will come to TCS to sit in and we just don't have the cutting edge to break them down at times. Away from home, teams let us play, the game is a lot more open and we can play our counter-attacking football that won us so many points in the SPL.

We were just lucky this weekend that all the other results went our way.

"You are born Working class. You CANNOT move to middle class. Even with all the money in the world. If you started working class then you had to WORK for your money. So you cannot move out of your class. Sounds stupid, you may not agree. But its true." DornochCaley

So middle class people don't work for their money?? You are confusing the middle class with the upper class!!.

Sorry but your concept of middle class is wrong, it's not so much about money, more about job status, attitude and education.

My Father was brought up in a family of 5 in a 2 room and kitchen (council flat) in Glasgow, his dad was a joiner (so at this point he was a working class kid).

He left home at 17 and did 2 university degrees and became a church Minister . He married a teacher who's parents were wealthy professionals and came from a posh area of Glasgow. His brother got a degree and a teaching qualification and became a school dept. headmaster he also married a teacher. So both brothers went from working class to middle class.

** Sorry about going off topic again ! **

Good post. Let's not forget that some folk do not work and live on benefits. Are they working class?

There is more to improving yourself than earning more money. D'ye hear me Thatcher!

What on earth are you talking about now?

Last year, Saint Johnstone won the league having drawn 14 games. Ayr drew last weekend with Partick, I think? It just shows you how tough this league is. We had a relatively new team out there on Sunday, with only 5 players starting who were playing last year, and I think they will need time to get to know each other.

The booing was a bit excessive in our first home game of the season. Ayr came for the draw and they got away with it. As has been said on another thread, we play better away from home as teams will come to TCS to sit in and we just don't have the cutting edge to break them down at times. Away from home, teams let us play, the game is a lot more open and we can play our counter-attacking football that won us so many points in the SPL.

We were just lucky this weekend that all the other results went our way.

aye spot on, this year it is more important simply not losing than winning.

In terms of getting to know each other though, I think there has been enough time and pre-season cup games for that, as well as training. The Ayr game was simply a less talented team sticking to their tactics well and stopping us create anything from midfield, as well as a few under-par performances.

So what exactly do you think butcher said to them in the dressing room after the game? All nicey,nicey i doubt it I suspect he got tore right into them, so why cant the paying fan do the same by booing? They are big boys sure they can take it...and hopefully up there game!

I am pretty sure that Butcher didn't come into the dressing room at half time / full time shouting "BOOOOO!" and "You're f'cking rubbish *insert players name here*" like our fans were doing on Saturday. I would imagine that by tearing into them he was telling them to improve and encouraging them to do better which is a hell of a difference from booing them and giving them no encouragement whatsoever by utterly slating them in their first home league game of the season.

We are one voice in 1000, we are not

Not afforded the luxury of sitting down with the player and providing individual constructive feed back, now come on ?insert player? you really need to start upping your game and having a go at the goal don?t shy away?

So from a fan in the stands point of view we cant do it, however booooing can be herd and this voicing the fans that boo?d opinion of what they have been watching.

This from the stands point of view is voiced with numbers of the fans shouting and screaming SHOOT?. SHOOT FFS, FUNKING SHOOT!! and when they don?t it becomes ?Insert player? your Pi5h X Y And Z, it happens a couple of times then more folk see the same they start boooooing to get there point across.

Getting behind players is a double edged sword, Look at LDZ he was cheered most of the game songs sung for him, Why.. Because for all he?s not, he is, ?here there every where? and took shots all be it wide, over and everywhere he took shots??.. and got the songs sung and cheered and shouted after?

Hayes, Eagles, Sanchez at times, would not and did not seem to want to take a punt.. Duncan, LDZ Cox all had punts!! Cox, LDZ, Rooney all had songs sung, all got ?Support? from the singing section as they were doing what they should, ok Rooney wasn?t really but he was getting stuck in and trying to score?. Try = No Boo?s

When Duncan tried a shot and pulled it high and wide he got a bundle of abuse and slated from large portions of the North Stand. Same when he misplaced a pass. When you get reactions like that you can see why some players are reticant when it comes to shooting like Eagle and Sanchez were just that as you have pointed out.

My main point is that I cannot for the life of me understand just how booing players and getting on their backs so early is going to be productive. If one player has a shot at goal and misses or delays and passes up the chance then he gets booed and shouted at what do you think is going through his head next time he gets a sight of goal? I bet he will be even less likely to fancy a crack at goal. Against Dunfermline we passed up a number of chances but the fans were fantastic and kept singing throughout and keeping the players going and we were able to sneak a victory at the end.

And it was the first game of the season for goodness sake. The first 90 minutes for these guys playing together in a competitive league game in Inverness. They must be wondering just what they have gotten themselves in for. I've said it before but our fans are in for a shock if they think we are going to steamroller teams in this division. Two games in and maybe it is clicking with some of them but going by the reaction of a lot it would appear not to be the case. The Dundee game will be interesting...

I didnt hear Duncan getting slotted for missing, it was a disappointed OOOOOOOOOOO, and IIRC it was more the polava leading up to Duncan taking a dig, the 3 or four times Eagles tryed to turn it in.. and fluffed the pass then Ross picked it up and passed to Sanchez who then fluffed it back again it was then picked up by duncan and punted at the goal, Id say it was more the frustration of watching Eagles trying to get it on his left, then fluffing then for Sanchez to struggle to get it turned when he did it was fluffed, The abuse IMO was to everyone else involved in the 18 yard box for the 4 mins scramble.... Its emotional ffs

Nick Ross is a 17 year old kid who, when he played against Montrose, got dogs abuse from the Main Stand when he couldn't get a cross into the box. It was cringeworthy.

To be honest, I think the most telling factor in what (some of) the players thought of the crowd on Saturday was when another chance went begging which led to more groans and gurns from the North Stand which prompted Foran to turn round to the fans and wave his arms and shout "Come on! Get behind us!". Certainly the reactions of the crowd were not going down well with him and I don't blame him.

The support the guys got against Dunfermline was fantastic despite not playing to their best at times yet at Inverness it seems it is easier for the fans to moan and berate the players than it is to actually bother themselves to get behind them.

also interesting to see the reaction of the players (especially Foran) to the away crowd at dundee.

although if Foran does not play up to his usual standards at the weekend then he has to be able to accept that he will get heckled, even though it doesn't quite sound right with myself, it will happen. Wouldn't expect any abuse of the new boys just as yet though, its obvious that there is no lack of effort, seems more like a lack of luck.

Foran Turned to the Main Stand.... enough said.... I think you'll find he turned to the lines man and said come on followed by a couple of other words.... I hurd Foran Swear.. SHOCKER!!!

RiG these guys are well paid professionals not wee boys playing for the school team .

How about the well paid professional that took his millions to Dundee instead of his first love, Aberdeen, because of the abuse that the chairman of Aberdeen receives from the 'fans' and he did not want to 'enjoy' this??

Of course the players hear it, of course they discuss it, of course they are friends of other potential targets that TB may have, of course they will encourage said friends to come and be verbally abused, of course it is not your fault for verbally abusing/encouraging the team - it is your right, of course ICT should be the finished article after a handful of games, of course Ayr played a sh.t tactical game and we should have strolled it.

AYE, RIGHT!!

Some of our players are on short term contracts and I am sure this will make Terry's job easier when a contract extension is discussed.

The support the guys got against Dunfermline was fantastic despite not playing to their best at times yet at Inverness it seems it is easier for the fans to moan and berate the players than it is to actually bother themselves to get behind them.

I have to agree. Even in the second half against Dunfermline when things weren't going so well, our fans were still behind the team. It must make a difference to the players, psychologically. I know we don't play the most beautiful football at times, but we still have to get behind them and try to lift them. It showed at Dunfermline where they kept going, defended for their lives and ended up getting the winning goal.

When the team aren't playing well i tend to just fall into silence. I find it very difficult to get up for singing when i'm not encouraged by the football i see before me. With that in mind, i have complete respect for the boys at the back of Section G who continued to sing throughout the game on Saturday. Most of moaning and booing came from slightly older folk who should know better. Maybe it's a Highland thing - i hear County fans talking about how moany and impatient some of the older fans are at Viccy Park.

Back in the Telford Street days, Caley were regularly booed of the park at half-time and full-time and certain players were singled out for some pretty intense abuse. I remember Alan Smart being called a "middle-class Perth c*nt" or something along those lines. As if Perth were the of epitome of bourgeois society!

Those of you still arguing that you should be allowed to boo your own team are fecking dense b*stards. Of course you should be allowed to - you should just have the common sense not to. Get a grip. You are all exactly what we don't need this season.

This seems to crop up quite often.... A suggestion that the ICT away support are different in some way from the home support.

Has this anything to do with the fact that many of those have forsaken their roots, and now reside in the central belt or elsewhere? Has living away from home altered their outlook, not just on football, but on life in general?

Does living away from their native Inverness change them? Are they more tolerant and forgiving than the home support - perhaps less likely to boo their "heroes"? If so why?

Do the home support - many of whom have seldom strayed very far from home - tend to have a narrower outlook on life? Are they less understanding, less tolerant and less forgiving than their "away" counterparts?

Does ignorance come into this?

Please discuss....

Completed reports to be on my desk by Monday.

Guest birdog

This seems to crop up quite often.... A suggestion that the ICT away support are different in some way from the home support.

Has this anything to do with the fact that many of those have forsaken their roots, and now reside in the central belt or elsewhere? Has living away from home altered their outlook, not just on football, but on life in general?

Does living away from their native Inverness change them? Are they more tolerant and forgiving than the home support - perhaps less likely to boo their "heroes"? If so why?

Do the home support - many of whom have seldom strayed very far from home - tend to have a narrower outlook on life? Are they less understanding, less tolerant and less forgiving than their "away" counterparts?

Does ignorance come into this?

Please discuss....

Completed reports to be on my desk by Monday.

One answer to all, alcohol consumption.

Thanks DC....

I was forgetting that other category of supporters... those that have come to live in Inverness, and who believe in supporting their "new" local team... (especially when their hometown team is crap)

They are perhaps, the finest supporters the club has... gifted, sensible, well rounded individuals...I could go on and on but I'm much too modest.