FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Motherwell V ICT :matchnight thread

Scotty

Cracking game havnt being to one of them in a while. Great effort by the boys just unlucky at the end of the day. Esson once again keeping the team alive with great saves. Best shot stopper we've ever had? When Barrowman and Rooney were both on they really played a big part both closing down players and trying to hold the ball up WELL DONE if only they did it in most games.

Good to see the Motherwell fans clapping Foran off the pitch

MoTM - Ryan Esson

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like our manager, I think he is doing a good job with the tools to hand, good result last night, almost made it 11 games with one defeat, others like Rovercaley see it differently.

Good result last night?

I thought we lost last night, or did I miss something?

Good result? What a strange comment.

:024:

I have'nt commented for a while on how the team been doing. But I think Butcher has lost the plot. Why did Ross Tokely not play last night? The report says he had a strain and Eagle's was dropped. Eagle's was injured in training and there was word that Ross had a few words. Why after last weeks match when Butcher says in the papers he was not happy with the performance and could have made 8 subs etc what does he do he plays Djebi-Zadi up front.

When did Lionel play up front?

The way Lionel was playing last night the only position he never played was in nets :024:

I like our manager, I think he is doing a good job with the tools to hand, good result last night, almost made it 11 games with one defeat, others like Rovercaley see it differently.

Good result last night?

Maybe my expectation is different to yours, young Sir.

When we play a team riding high in the SPL and my team is 'finding it's feet' in the SFL, I along with many more ICT supporters, felt it was lamb to the slaughter last night.

Instead I had a superb evenings entertainment where my team came back twice and leveled the game over 90 minutes. Our SPL opponents played against 10 men for much of the game and only won on an OG basis.

I would suggest that to any fan of ICT, other that your good-self, that this was a spirited performance and indeed a good result in the circumstances!!

I have already remarked on this forum on the unrealistic expectations of some of the ICT support and I suppose you have just underlined this.

Good result last night?

When we play a team riding high in the SPL and my team is 'finding it's feet' in the SFL, I along with many more ICT supporters, felt it was lamb to the slaughter last night.

Instead I had a superb evenings entertainment where my team came back twice and leveled the game over 90 minutes. Our SPL opponents played against 10 men for much of the game and only won on an OG basis.

I would suggest that to any fan of ICT, other that your good-self, that this was a spirited performance and indeed a good result in the circumstances!!

I have already remarked on this forum on the unrealistic expectations of some of the ICT support and I suppose you have just underlined this.

You don't quite understand AF.... Had this been a two legged affair a 3-2 scoreline away from home might have been interpreted by some as a good result.

Sadly it was a cup-tie that had to be settled on the night - the Result was Motherwell won and proceed to the next round of the competition, while we are out of it. How can that be a good result?

I've suggested elswhere on the site that our boys put on a great performance last night and were maybe a tad unlucky not to take Motherwell to a penalty shoot out.

I was genuinely encouraged by last night's performance, and hope we continue to improve from here - but it was not a good result!

Good result last night?

You don't quite understand AF.... Had this been a two legged affair a 3-2 scoreline away from home might have been interpreted by some as a good result.

Sadly it was a cup-tie that had to be settled on the night - the Result was Motherwell won and proceed to the next round of the competition, while we are out of it. How can that be a good result?

I've suggested elswhere on the site that our boys put on a great performance last night and were maybe a tad unlucky not to take Motherwell to a penalty shoot out.

I was genuinely encouraged by last night's performance, and hope we continue to improve from here - but it was not a good result!

It's not often that I'm inclined to agree with Johnboy but elimination from a knock out competition can never be a good result. However, in all the circumstances, it was certainly a good and very heartening performance.

Edited by Kingsmills

I know what AF is meaning. I went there last night expecting a humping from a Motherwell team unbeaten this season. We went there and held them to a 2-2 draw over 90 mins, with them playing against 10 men for 20 of those.

We went there and got a draw, where we expected to be taken out, so its better than that happening, therefore not a bad result and a good performance to boot.

Good to see the highlights.

I know what AF is meaning. I went there last night expecting a humping from a Motherwell team unbeaten this season. We went there and held them to a 2-2 draw over 90 mins, with them playing against 10 men for 20 of those.

We went there and got a draw, where we expected to be taken out, so its better than that happening, therefore not a bad result and a good performance to boot.

Did the formation work well.

As others have said. A loss is not a good result. It might have been a good performance but it was not a good result.

And why were you expecting a humping? There seem to be too many people who take the view that now we are in the SFL we have to expect mediocrity and its par for the course to be given a gubbing by the likes of Motherwell. I don't buy that and neither should anybody else. Remember, when the board took TB and MM on it was with a clear mission. Whilst the Board seemed to resigned to relegation the clear remit for TB was to bounce straight back should we go down. To bounce straight back up requires us to have a better team than the one that went down.

Last season we would have expected a tight game against Motherwell and it is reasonable to expect one this season. What is not reasonable to expect is that we be taken to penalties by Montrose, draw against the likes of Airdree and get beaten convincingly at home by County. Had we had results like that last season we would have been a laughing stock. We may only have lost 2 matches this season, but had we still been in the premier division and playing as we are we would be lucky to have secured a single point.

I appreciate it is early days yet and the team will get better, but then so will others. Given that TB's remit is to get us straight back to the SPL it is not negative to say that early indications are worrying. We look as though we are going to be a mid table side at the moment and that is not what TB and MM are being paid shed loads to deliver. I hope I'm wrong and perhaps a convincing win against Patrick Gristle on Saturday will give me cause for a bit more optimism.

Nah, you really dont understand me at all, even though you are right in what you are saying.

And I expected a gubbing because Motherwell are on an unbeaten streak since the start of the season and are obviously on form AND, well, i was there to witness the absolutely dire performance at Airdrie on saturday. Put these two expectactions together = drubbing.

It was NOT because i feel the team are worse than ever. I would not go to games to support them if i thought this! Always have been ICT and always will be.

Kyle, there are too many pedants on the boards. Most of us new exactly what you meant. I suppose taking it to the n'th degree, performance much improved, result against us. I was also at Airdrie and feared for our team against Motherwell. What has pleased most of us is the manner in which we performed. So, in defeat we showed something that has been missing.

End of the day we are out of the CIS cup............big deal.

Nah, you really dont understand me at all, even though you are right in what you are saying.

And I expected a gubbing because Motherwell are on an unbeaten streak since the start of the season and are obviously on form AND, well, i was there to witness the absolutely dire performance at Airdrie on saturday. Put these two expectactions together = drubbing.

It was NOT because i feel the team are worse than ever. I would not go to games to support them if i thought this! Always have been ICT and always will be.

I agree, I really don't understand you at all. That's because you are contradicting yourself. I took issue with you because you were agreeing with Absent Friend who came on with some nonesense about some of us having unrealistic expectations for the season. You then say I was right in what I was saying.

Of course we were all expecting Motherwell would give us a humping given the way we've been playing but my point was that if TB was doing the job he's been paid to do, we would not have gone into the match with such low expectations.

You then say you would not go to games to support the team if you thought the team were worse than ever and go on to say you always have been ICT and always will be. If you always will be ICT then you'll watch them and support them however bad they play.

I think we probably agree. We had low expectations for the match against Motherwell because of respective recent form, but high expectations of what the team should acheive by the end of the season because of the stated ambition of the board. And of course we will go to ICT games even if the team is the worst ever - just maybe not quite so often.