FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Time To Practice Penalties

Renegade

With this game coming, there's a chance that once again this game could go to penalties, so surely it's time they practiced them. I noticed in the Courier last week that Grant Munro said that they never practice penalties and "hope it all goes right on the day". Surely this isn't the way to go. Now I know some people are going to come with what the media constantly harp on about, calling them a "lottery". If you practice them, they aint. The Spanish and Italians say that this simply isn't true. You have to practice penalties. Notice England have only ever won on penalties once in a amjor competition, why? Cause they hardly ever practice them. Why do Portugal and the like always seem to win on penalties? Cause they always practice them. Surely not practicing penalties this week especially would be madness. Discuss

With this game coming, there's a chance that once again this game could go to penalties, so surely it's time they practiced them. I noticed in the Courier last week that Grant Munro said that they never practice penalties and "hope it all goes right on the day". Surely this isn't the way to go. Now I know some people are going to come with what the media constantly harp on about, calling them a "lottery". If you practice them, they aint. The Spanish and Italians say that this simply isn't true. You have to practice penalties. Notice England have only ever won on penalties once in a amjor competition, why? Cause they hardly ever practice them. Why do Portugal and the like always seem to win on penalties? Cause they always practice them. Surely not practicing penalties this week especially would be madness. Discuss

Why?

We will be out before then! :lol:

Dont see the harm in it at all but then, we have only lost ONE* penalty shootout in our existance against Alloa in Cup final in 2000

*i think?

Why?

We will be out before then! :lol:

Dont see the harm in it at all but then, we have only lost ONE* penalty shootout in our existance against Alloa in Cup final in 2000

*i think?

...and fouth round of Scottish cup 2006 v Partick. Lost 4-2 on pens

No need with Esson the penalty king in goals! Saved 3 out of 6 against Partick recenlty

Saved 1 versus Airdrie aswell this season.

Saved too many last season i cant count.

Esson's in a class of his own at saving spot kicks...

He's so good at reading the penalty taker's body language and working out which way the ball's going to go. He very seldom goes the wrong way.

or very very lucky

Why?

We will be out before then! :P

*i think?

*Scratches head.

dont remember that one? :006:

Yeah, I saw that quote as well in the Courier and it worried me. Penalties are one of the areas that can be practiced and done well. Money/goals for nothing if and when you need them. HOwever, I wouldn't be surprised if that was just a wee bit of gamesmanship for Sunday, in the unlikely event it will come to that. Get intae them travelling people!

With Esson seeming to be soooooo good at saving penalties would you really want to practice them as if esson started to save most of them it would mean they would lose confidence in there penalty taking skills and surely that would be a negative thing

With Esson seeming to be soooooo good at saving penalties would you really want to practice them as if esson started to save most of them it would mean they would lose confidence in there penalty taking skills and surely that would be a negative thing

Lol come one, you aren't being serious are you.

Why?

We will be out before then! :P

*i think?

*Scratches head.

dont remember that one? :P

Bad times

You have to practice penalties.

I now I have probblems with my spelling but should it not be PRACTISE?

KNOW

PROBLEMS

PRACTICE!!

:P :D

Caleyfan4ever.... go to the bottom of the class!!! He (she?) is perfectly correct with the "practise" (although I have to say, NOT with a few more words than that! :P .)

The verb, which is what is being used here, has an "S", the noun has a "C".

Edited by Charles Bannerman

KNOW

PROBLEMS

PRACTICE!!

:D :P

Caleyfan4ever.... go to the bottom of the class!!! He (she?) is perfectly correct with the "practise" (although I have to say, NOT with a few more words than that! :( .)

Must be an English teacher! :D

KNOW

PROBLEMS

PRACTICE!!

Caleyfan4ever.... go to the bottom of the class!!! He (she?) is perfectly correct with the "practise" (although I have to say, NOT with a few more words than that! :( .)

Must be an English teacher! :P

Try Chemistry! :D

KNOW

PROBLEMS

PRACTICE!!

Must be an English teacher! :P

Try Chemistry! :D

Na it's far to boring!! :P