FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team Age and Experience(or lack of)

mikeyrob73

Listened on open all mics again today. Robbo keeps refering to the fact that our team is very inexperienced, whats everyone elses view on this? A lot of Butchers signings havent had a lot of first team football under their belts.

Also to the fans taht have complained that Butcher swore at them, get a grip of yourselves! how much stick were you giving him? i remember John Lambie telling me to F13K Off once when Partick Thistle were up at the stadium, i laughed, i gave him stick, he gave me some back, big deal! If your going to dish it out be prepared to take it and not come on here bleating about it, Tvvats

Edited by mikeyrob73

We have got Ross Tokely, Grant Munro, Golly, Duncan and Foran. Thats 5 outfield players with a lot of experience and the other 5 are young with not a lot of experience. Maybe that is too much but I think it is a good balance.

It is more the fact that most of the players (young and experienced) are not pulling their weight

Yes we are inexperienced. However that is due to Butcher's choice of signings and team selection. We lost very little in the way of players in the summer - we knew Black was going and Morais was only here for a few months - and the rest, from what I see, left through no choice of their own. (Ok, Mcguire excepted, no further comment needed there...)

No excuses. I've heard second or third hand admittedly, what the more experienced players are saying and they are certainly not happy.

Looking on the optimistic side of things I personally don't think the team is that far away from been a good team. What we need though is 2or3(maybe 4) battle hardened ex SPL pro's the new and inexperienced can learn from. However until then I think we are going to struggle.

So quizzer, what have you heard?

Believe what you want and by no means believe what what I say, but from what I'm told certain experienced players aren't happy about who they've to play alongside. I don't think it would be any surprise to hear Duncan and McBain were seriously unhappy at being kept out although obviously the situation with Duncan has changed, don't know how he feels now. I'm a fan of his effort and guts, I want him to stay personally and have been disgusted over the last season or 2 in particular at how the crowd turn against him. FFs, a month ago certain "fans" in the main stand - all females incidentally, if they want to identify and recognise themselves - were criticising and and laughing about Duncan and Rooney as they were coming on as subs and how that meant we'd definitely lose the game. Real fans, the lot of you - u t!ts. GTF.

I will be chased off the forum for this, but what about Brittain of County? He is a very good player and Aberdeen were looking at him recently.

He rejected us to sign for County. We would have to pay money for him and also there is no way he would leave a team doing well to a team stagnating in the middle of SFL1.

Listened on open all mics again today. Robbo keeps refering to the fact that our team is very inexperienced, whats everyone elses view on this? A lot of Butchers signings havent had a lot of first team football under their belts.

Also to the fans taht have complained that Butcher swore at them, get a grip of yourselves! how much stick were you giving him? i remember John Lambie telling me to F13K Off once when Partick Thistle were up at the stadium, i laughed, i gave him stick, he gave me some back, big deal! If your going to dish it out be prepared to take it and not come on here bleating about it, Tvvats

When we were playing at Pittodrie me and a few boys were slagging Jeffries so much for being a fat moaning b@stard that he turned round and told us all to get too fluck! I remember being outraged at the time.. and then realising I was an idiot (happens a lot). Point is, for some reason when you're in the stands/terracing you believe you have the right to scream whatever abuse you like, as though there was some sort of invisible barrier between you and the person/s your directing it at.

What I can't understand is that someone would be screaming abuse at our own manager.... share your dissatisfaction maybe (best doing this at half time or after the match) but do you honestly think that you are doing any good?? Especially from the mainstand where the opposing manager/players can hear the disrespect we are treating our own manager and players with.

I will be chased off the forum for this, but what about Brittain of County? He is a very good player and Aberdeen were looking at him recently.

I'd be delighted if we got him.... cracking player and we are crying out for a natural right winger

Would love to have him. We don't even have a right winger atm.

Have things not turned recently where we give them our best young players and they give us ones that cant get a game for them

Have things not turned recently where we give them our best young players and they give us ones that cant get a game for them

unfortunately, your completely right!!

Edited by Libero