FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dods

big man

Is it true that Dodds has asked for a transfer?

If it is it could explain his lacklustre perfomances, , although i don't say that he went out to play badly his mind must be somewhere else.

its strange how players are plucked from obscurity get there careers back on track and then decide its not the place for them. :007: :007:

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dods................erm...........erm, eh, no, thats a new one, transfer speculation....gosh, what next.

Rusty, definitely, that will be the problem, but he won't go from being our best player last season to being the scapegoat for the lacklustre defensive displays.  The whole defence should take a look at what is going wrong, and I include Brown in that, he was as culpable as anyone.

Anyway, lets get right behind whoever plays in whatever position......................then we can critisise after the game :015:

Who would be a professional footballer footballer :010:

Who would be a professional footballer footballer :010:

In a second!!

I'll give support to anyone playing in an ICT strip, what is annoying is not only has he turned down a new contract offer (which is completely reasonable) but his agent has now asked that he is transfered clicky

He obviously isn't happy at ICT anymore so I can't see why the board feel the need to keep a hold of him.  He may not be responsible for how shakey the defense has been over the last 2 games but tm4tj, even you can't deny that he was at fault for the 2nd St Mirren goals and the goal at Pittodrie. No player deserves to be crusified over 2 mistakes but if it is due to him wanting to leave the club then he should go!

Get rid of him now. If he doesn't want to play for us then he shouldn't be in the team.

He's been brilliant for the past two seasons, but so far this season he's been *****. His heart obviously isn't in it anymore, regardless of how well he celebrates our goals.

I don't think we should sell the player if we do not have a replacement lined up.  If there were exceptional circumstances, i.e. personal reasons with the player or an 'unturndownable' bid from the Arabs, then it could be different but we are not in a position where we need to sell.

I am sure Dods will be professional enough to give his best during the next season, if he stays with us.

It seems simple - Dods does not want to play for us anymore and while their may have been 'gentleman's agreements' in place that made it clear that he might want to move closer to Edinburgh to be nearer loved ones etc at the end of his contract unless ICT offered him something that would warrant moving them closer to him in Inverness, this latest turn of events seems to suggest that he or his agent are stirring up the issue. Whether (his friend) Brewster is in the middle of all this is unclear but at this point immaterial - it is the player or agent talking to the media and therefore the buck stops with him.

We have said it time and time again - NO PLAYER IS BIGGER THAN THE CLUB - IF Dods does want to go and he or 'his people' are responsible for the latest machinations then its simple - he is out of the team and replaced by Stuart McCaffrey. Caff may not be the same style of player but he is a more than adequate replacement for the ungrateful barsteward. If Golly is not playing then give the armband to Barry Wilson, Russell Duncan or Ross Tokely

Hey, how about we turn the tables on Brew and snatch Wilkie from under his nose :016:

If Dods really wants to move and has no intention of giving 100% then he would have to leave, but at a cost.

Our club have never stood in the way of anyone leaving until now. Because we are an SPL team players shouldn't be looking to move on. Brewster should just be happy we let him go and leave us alone.

Dods, you and/or your agent are a complete joke. This transfer request just "leaked out" did it? Charlie needs to start looking for a new central defender NOW so we are prepared when he leaves.

I think we should keep him until we get someone else, then get rid of him and try get as much money for him.

Our club have never stood in the way of anyone leaving until now. Because we are an SPL team players shouldn't be looking to move on. Brewster should just be happy we let him go and leave us alone.

Dods, you and/or your agent are a complete joke. This transfer request just "leaked out" did it? Charlie needs to start looking for a new central defender NOW so we are prepared when he leaves.

I think we should keep him until we get someone else, then get rid of him and try get as much money for him.

As a small SPL club (massive one day!) we absolutely must do shrewd business. Dods will have no value in another year, sell him today please. I also agree 100% with  Davie B and MFTJ's comments 

I'm really disappointed about this whole thing, Dods has always been a favourite of mine and last season he was exceptional for us.  This season however my opinion has changed, he hasn't been playing all that great and this is probably down the the issues regarding a move away, however by handing in a transfer request he has admitted that he dones't want to be an ICT player any longer, I can't see how deserves a place in the team now.  It would be a real kick in the teeth to the fringe players if he was to remain in the starting line up on Saturday if he's still around. 

I'm in two minds about selling him, one one hand I think it would be good to get the money now but on the other I really wouldn't like giving Brewster what he wants.  My hatre for Brewster is stronger so we should either let Dods play for the reserves for the rest of the season or sell him to someone else.

I'm confident Caff would slot in nicely alongside Munro and there's one of the young guys, can't remember his name, who looks like a decent prospect.  I saw him play against Deveronvale pre season.

I was originally all for selling him but with the real lack of defensive cover we have just now and only a nominal fee likely to be had for him I say keep him on the bench till we have a replacement

I think the problem is that he wants to go to Utd.  If another club came in for him I think they would let him go.  They have told Utd that he is not for sale so they seem to be trying another route to get their man.  Brewster is known to be stubborn and act like a spoilt child, but David Sutherland isn't likely to back down either.  A real battle of the wills.

This is a complete joke. Okay United are far from innocent but why the heck hold onto a player who obviusly isnt happy to stay. Caff is more than capable of slotting in if we couldnt find a replacement. Dods has been outstanding in the past couple of years- best thing to do now would be to grant him his wish and take the money now. THIS CLUB IS BIGGER THAN ANY PLAYER.

Bennett and Co :008:

This is turning into a day and a half wish I had stayed at work.  If he wants to leave I would certainly put Caff into the first team permantly. I know that we have a team of professional players that would never  let down their club, fans and team mates.  However,  if the results are poor and Dods plays he is likely to get the same type of abuse that others got just a few games ago. Do we as a club need all this negativity. I believe that we need players that want to be here playing for us.

Bennett and Co :008:

What have "Bennett & Co" done wrong other than try to hold onto a contracted player by offering him a new contract while fending off derisory offers from a club that prefer to do business through the media instead of through normal channels ?

They made Dods an offer which, as it turns out, wasnt to his liking. Thats fair enough, I can respect that - its a short career and his next deal is possibly his last decent contract. We (now) know that his personal desire is to be closer to loved ones at the end of his current contract if he couldnt get the terms he wanted, and that is also understandable. However, this latest - media driven - move is taking the piss.

I have said it before and will say it again NO player is bigger than the club, whoever they are, or think they are. If any player isnt committed 100% to the club and lacking the motivation or desire to perform well in front of fans who pay good money to see it then as far as I am concerned they can GTF !!!

I posted my own opinion of our lineup for this week's game on another thread but at the end of the day its up to CC / DP - with Dods embroiled in this saga there is no way he can concentrate 100% on his game - no-one could, machine or not (as we have seen in the last 2 weeks !) - and I hope that Charlie has the balls to drop him for the greater good of the team.

The player has asked for a transfer so he must NOT play at ANY level for this club. He wants to go to DU so we should take what we can get because he will be worth £0 come January.

Dods had a great season 05/06 but let's not forget that he has been very much a journeyman pro for many years and I really do not see his performances this season getting anywhere near last years standards.

Grassa and Sutherland will have to eat humble pie and do the business before we lose out completely.

CASH DODS AND PROCTOR IN NOW!

Totally disagree Caleyboy.... He is currently contracted to us till the end of the season, so WE should be calling all the shots. Like it or not he should see it out his contract, and as a professional should give his all.... If he lets us down he'll just have to see the season out in the reserves - in that case there would be no winners....