ICT -V- Morton : matchday thread

Scotty

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SP, I think some of our fans, and ex SPL players came down here with that attatude, and over the last few months we've began to relised we dont have the right to be winning, but did have the ability too, when we worked for it... we seem to be working for it now!!

SP, I think some of our fans, and ex SPL players came down here with that attatude, and over the last few months we've began to relised we dont have the right to be winning, but did have the ability too, when we worked for it... we seem to be working for it now!!

I think its more down to the manager playing the right formation

I think its more down to the manager playing the right formation

That too dude, talking to someone close to your good self too, WE are AN ATTACKING team, that was playing (held back IMO) as a Defending team.. not you take the shackles off and look what happens, In the day, Unleashing the beast got us places!!

If everyone just listens to the first song that comes to there head when they think about how they feel right now, Im going with that pain in the arese "New Labour" song... its a great song to sum up how i feel just now..

Just back from the game and it was another excellant performance. Just like the Ayr game. We were more clinical in the Ayr game but we created a bucket load of chances today. You could tell that the players were loving it after we went 4-1 up. It was a joy to watch.

And what about the Rooney's finishing for the first and second goals. They were brilliant. A man full of confidence. I have been a critic of his but what a performance today, If he can keep playing like that I dont see many people being able to stop him scoring. Everybody was very good today. If I had to pick people out for specific praise obviously Rooney along with Foran, Imrie, Sanchez and Hayes when he came on.

Our front 4 work really well together and if we keep playing the same system we will always creat lots of chances and with the form of Rooney I wouldnt bet against us taking most of them.

We are flying just now and if I were a County player/staff/fan I would be very worried about next week. We are going there with a point to prove after the last league game and we are the form team in the league. Bring it on

Having been able to make the game today....I wouldnt say the scoreline was reflective of the game. There wasnt a huge gap between the teams. Sure, we deserved the win, but we werent that much ahead of Morton.

Foran is our best platyer by a country mile. Sanchez looked poor quality! I would have started Rooney and Barrowman up front with Foran just behind.

But, the most important thing was the 3 pts, so its all good ;)

Edited by SMEE

Foran is our best platyer by a country mile. Sanchez looked poor quality! I would have started Rooney and Barrowman up front with Foran just behind.

But, the most important thing was the 3 pts, so its all good ;)

Would agree that Foran is class, but Sanchez poor? He was outstanding today. His passing, touches, and overall workrate were on a par with Forans.

Anyone else notice this first home league win of the season coincides with the departure of Mike Smith....it was him wasn't it?...he put a jinx on the whole place... ;)

I love it when people actually see Sanchez playing foot ball and get him mixed up somehow with Duncan... Im not doing a rating for the game as i only really saw 20 mins but those 20 mins Foran, Sanchez, DI, Rooney, and Rossco had blinders.. what game/Sanchez were you watching dude??

Having been able to make the game today....I wouldnt say the scoreline was reflective of the game. There wasnt a huge gap between the teams. Sure, we deserved the win, but we werent that much ahead of Morton.

But, the most important thing was the 3 pts, so its all good :)

;)

sorry but for me thats a mile off the mark.sanchez was immense. some of his passes were absolute quality and he was pulling all the strings from midfield to attack.in general, we pished all over morton today and they barely had a shot on target other than the goal.excellent display all round.delighted for rooney also.top drawer finishing

is it coincidence that we win at home when mike smith gets the heave?

I thought it was a pretty nervey start but a great composed finish by Rooney for the opener settled the team. We improved from then and created a lot of opportunities. Whilst MOTM has to go to Rooney, Foran was terrific with his industry. Imrie also worked his socks off. To be honest, everybody else was pretty average but solid enough.

Hayes looked good when he came on and Barrowloads looked woeful missing the easiest chance of the match with just about the last (mis)kick of the match. My granny could have scored that - and she's dead. Is there anybody out there who still thinks Barrowloads is better than Rooney?