Dundee -V- ICT : cup final thread

Scotty

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This may be a first! The train just arrived from in Inverness from Perth was met by police, and a passenger arrested. Not one of the fans, but an unconnected drunk woman.

That was feckin hilarious, made my day! :D She asked me to open her bottle for her even though it was empty and had no lid on it..

Hooruva mess she was in.

I was trying not to burst out laughing then which she didn't take too kindly to. Never mind though, if theirs one consolation for her its that you get the same food as Inverness Collage in the cells :lol:

I'm absolutely gutted. How on earth do we recover from a setback like that?

Alcohol and copious amounts of denial. That's how I do it, anyway.

Am absolutely raging that we threw it away after having such a great first half and a two goal lead at half time. Why can we not string two decent halves together? Pathetic.

As above, I was walking on air after the first half, it was like the old Pele days. Total attacking football. Over tea, we were pinching ourselves and saying, this is going to collapse. Then the 2nd half it did. From one minute in I knew the oomf had gone. Butcher should have brought on Ody and Imrie when the 2nd went in. If Cox for Sanchez is the answer, wtf was the question?

Listening to Butcher's aftermatch interview, he got it absolutely right, but when did he notice the formation changed, and why didn't he try to address it. Jocky Scott is a wily fox, Butcher needs to learn that managers at this level are going to read him and make changes.

OPs are right about Golly, no speed anymore, but can do a limited job well, git found out today for all the goals. Munro no help for him. Bully played much better today, but Tokers found out by the no 11. I do have some reservations that Esson looked jittery and did too much punching, which contributed to the 2nd goal. Imrie=hothead, that's three games in a row to handshake from sir. I also predict that Golly will be away, no surprise, but that Munro will be off at the end of the season, too secure, never fulfilled his earlier promise, needs a challenge.

I don't know if Dundee are good enough to win this league but we certainly aren't not unless we can make some consistent effort to last more that 45 mins a week.

Diddy funny speaking cup anyway.

Cracking first half today. I dragged the wife along to the game with me for her first ICT match and she commented at half-time that Caley should never be in the first division if they can play like that. What must have been a cracking half-time teamtalk over and a demonstration of why we are where we are then unfolded. Dumpdee came out and started the second half exactly as you would expect and we answered by having as much attacking danger as the wee boys that were playing on the field during the break (with the exception of that last wee lad that did a cracking chip!). Only decent thing about the second half was watching driving rain soak the Dumpdee supporters behind our goal.

If we can recreate that first half performance for 90mins then we'll do well. The worrying thing about today is that I don't honestly think Dundee came out and played any better in the second-half. We came out and seemed to just look disinterested from the off and some of the passing lacked the vision and ability that was shown in the first half. What on earth did Butcher say to them at half-time!?! :huh:

This may be a first! The train just arrived from in Inverness from Perth was met by police, and a passenger arrested. Not one of the fans, but an unconnected drunk woman.

That was feckin hilarious, made my day! :huh: She asked me to open her bottle for her even though it was empty and had no lid on it..

Hooruva mess she was in.

I was trying not to burst out laughing then which she didn't take too kindly to. Never mind though, if theirs one consolation for her its that you get the same food as Inverness Collage in the cells :lol:

:lol: You were my hero for doing that.. Thought she was gonna be sick on me any minute till she started on you, was giving it the typical drunken sway. :lol:

On the game, first half was awesome stuff, we were an absolute joy to watch and were tearing Scumdee a new one. It was 2-0 going on 5. Dunno what in the name of f*ck was said at half time but it didnt have the desired effect clearly. How did we manage to fall apart that easily and ship 3 goals, with a one time world class defender in charge of us?

Butcher would probably do a better job as a defensive coach methinks.

Oh and it's only a matter of time before Renegade starts calling for Bulvitis to partner Lionel upfront after that finishing.

One thing I noticed as well,Dundee players gained every advantage when our lads put the ball out when one of their players went doon close to death. They always played the ball to Esson. Ref did not help much either.Aye it's great what you see from the stands

Mantis, it would have been the normal home fans that do exactly the same, that had a day out hunting the glory of a win.... i notice it at every home game.. i try not to get wound up by it now adays...

Utterly bizarre these people. Why bother turning up to start with if you don't intend to wait for the final result.

Maybe they saw the way the game was going to finish and realised we were never going to score .

Yeah, you're right, teams never score at the end of the second half or in injury time.

So the supporting your team bit becomes irrelevant at that point, then.

A few of oor lot left at half time in disgust!! no the smartest move as it turned out. Anyway lads , sair one for you's to lose after out playing us in every department first half,i texted a mate it could have be 5 doon at half time but was amazed at the differance 2nd half and not playing that much better, dinnae ken WTF happened to your game plan.Hopefully we don't get the chance to defend it next year,anyway, onwards to Boxing day , see some of you's there :lol:

Johnboy,CaleyD and MorganSpiced, mind the children in need :huh:

A few of oor lot left at half time in disgust!! no the smartest move as it turned out. Anyway lads , sair one for you's to lose after out playing us in every department first half,i texted a mate it could have be 5 doon at half time but was amazed at the differance 2nd half and not playing that much better, dinnae ken WTF happened to your game plan.Hopefully we don't get the chance to defend it next year,anyway, onwards to Boxing day , see some of you's there :lol:

What happened to our game plan? All TB had to say to our lot was - This is great lads - just give me another 45 minutes of this and the cup's in the bag.

Instead the man with the non-Midas touch decides to take off Sanchez - who was having the game of his life, and replaced him with a player who contributed next to nothing.

His next master plan was to waste a couple of minutes at the end by bringing on a couple of subs in the 90th minute....

FFS you do that when your winning not when you're losing.

Only thing I could give TB any credit for just now would be the signing of Foran and Hayes.

I actually believe we've got a squad of players here who could get us back into the SFL - we won't come anywhere near that as long our master tactician extraordinaire remains in charge.

H/Dee - maybe catch you in the Fluke for a pint one night this week?

couldnt post last night too upset and boy does it still hurt today. So much for it being a diddy cup! 1st half breathtaking. I really didnt know we could play like that. However even at half time I had this horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach that things were about to go wrong. It was so obvious that Dee were going to come out and hit us hard in the 2nd half and we blew it pure and simple. However the players ran till some were almost dropping and at least we know we can play well. As for Imrie well I dont think he can have much complaints but Dundee certainly are not a sporting team are they? Was glad to see the players and TB come over and applaud the fans at the end I think we deserved it.

However up till 4pm had a great day. Great crack at the Tulloch Institute before the game. Hi to Gringo Jnr and Graeme and thanks for your company.

On this occasion those who left early were proved to be the wise ones .

This isn't meant as a personal dig, DC, but you're the only one sticking up for the leavers which is why I keep addressing you...

Why did those leaving early prove to be the wise ones? What would have staying and possibly cheering on your team til the end have cost? Practically everyone was travelling, so why come all that way and then leave? Sorry to bang on, but I genuinely don't get it.

Can't believe how well we played in that first half!! Hayes was outstanding... the Dundee defence didn't know what to do with him, Proctor won every header in the centre of the park and Rooney was doing a grand job holding up the ball.... to be fair you can pick out any of our players in the opening 45 minutes because the team was truely outstanding. At half time Butcher had a conundrum... did he attack to get the 3rd goal i.e. kill the match or sit back and conserve our lead???

The team did neither

Instead we looked like 11 pedestrians and fell apart after 5 minutes in. Their first goal should never have happened... complete and utter f*cking joke but exactly the sort of goal we've been conceding all season.... shambles!! Fair play to Hart for their second goal.. marking was attrocious but it was a real quality cross & header. 3rd was also quality from Dundee... they seemed to be targeting Golly down the right wing (our left) with Harkins & Hart double teaming him (oooh err). I don't think Butcher could have changed the team from the first half because we were that f*cking good and after we lost the 1st he must have brought on Cox to strengthen the midfield but the damage was done on the flanks we needed support from midfield for Golly & Tokely

Was absolutely gutted... wasn't even going to go as well but saying that the banter all day was excellent, great to see all the faces and the first half was worth the admission

it's only a diddy cup anyway :huh:

My thoughts on the game. The first half was awesome. We created chances and passed well. The atmosphere in the blue section was awesome. When we scored I ended up hugging everyone around me when we scored. It was easy to get complacent. I think thats exactly what happened. It seemed as if the lads were told they had won the trophy at half time. Jocky Scott must have gone crazy at the Dens because they came out looking hungry and we just couldnt handle them.

Thought Adam, Hayes and Bulvitus did well, Munro and Golabek were woeful, wasn't bothered about Imrie he was just expressing how we all felt.

I missed my train that morning so I had to sprint to the bus station and sit on a citylink bus that went through every town and village on the way down. It was still worth it as it was an entertaining game. Just a shame we faltered in such an epic manner.

Edited by Proctor

2-0 could and should have been 5-0 at half time. We were simply different class. Pity we lost the plot for fifteen minutes. Not too mant people picking up on the second and third goals, but I am convinced that the two plays leading up to the goals had players at least a yard offside. We were right in line with the penalty box and were a bit miffed that these goals were allowed to stand. We left right on full time as we couldnae stomach seeing the Dee fans celebrate.

Dundee were streetwise as well, lying bdying one moment, then up running around the next and we were stupid enough to kick the ball out and let them get attention, all this did was break up our play.

I see that TB said that when it got to 2-2 it was always going to be "next goal the winner". Clearly he wasn't fussed about the Cup, since Caley never looked like scoring in the second half, and he did nothing to change it - oh, until 89mins and 20 secs were on the clock.

Odhiambo and Imrie should have been on with 20 mins to go. Imrie was simply frustrated - both subs would have been lucky even to have got a touch, let alone help save the game. This was the last game of the season all over again - TB hasn't a clue.

Sanchez hooked? Beggars belief.

I couldn't make the game but listned to it on the radio which was very exciting. Yesterdays winner was football itself.

When half time came around my thoughts were that our managment would have to work out what Jocky Scott would do at half time and have a plan of their own.

the rest is history.......

ps all first half commentry was how effective Sanchez was and the problems he was causing due to our superb tactics and the space he had been having to play in.

On this occasion those who left early were proved to be the wise ones .

This isn't meant as a personal dig, DC, but you're the only one sticking up for the leavers which is why I keep addressing you...

Why did those leaving early prove to be the wise ones? What would have staying and possibly cheering on your team til the end have cost? Practically everyone was travelling, so why come all that way and then leave? Sorry to bang on, but I genuinely don't get it.

I'm not sticking up for them just stating that we didn't look like scoring an equaliser and the early leavers were correct if they left because they couldnt see us scoring either . I never leave a game early myself but each to their own .

His next master plan was to waste a couple of minutes at the end by bringing on a couple of subs in the 90th minute....

What a bizarre point. The team was losing, the game was fast approaching the end and he put on some players he thought could get us back into the game. How on earth did you come to the conclusion that it was a time wasting sub?

What happened to our game plan? All TB had to say to our lot was - This is great lads - just give me another 45 minutes of this and the cup's in the bag.

Instead the man with the non-Midas touch decides to take off Sanchez - who was having the game of his life, and replaced him with a player who contributed next to nothing.

Only thing I could give TB any credit for just now would be the signing of Foran and Hayes.

I actually believe we've got a squad of players here who could get us back into the SFL - we won't come anywhere near that as long our master tactician extraordinaire remains in charge.

H/Dee - maybe catch you in the Fluke for a pint one night this week?

Same old same old. Another poor performance and most of yous blame butcher. When are you going to start questioning the players for these displays. I dont think it had anything to do with tactics yesterday. It was down to a severe lack of fight. We all knew that dundee would come at us in the 2nd half and when they got their first goal, we needed our players to stand up and be counted and fight. But instead we collapsed. The players didnt want it as much as dundee did. It was exactly the same in our two derbys this season.

There is no leader on the park. There is no one there to drive the players on. Grant munro gets so much praise but he is certainly not a captain. Foran is a quality player but he needs to be a bigger character in the team. When things go against him his head goes down. I wonder what a bobby mann or a paul cherry would have made of this team.

I agree with you. We do have a squad capable of getting us to the SPL, the 1st half more than proved that, but im just worried that the players lack heart and desire when the chips are down. Stop blaming butcher and start looking at the players

My thoughts on the game. The first half was awesome. We created chances and passed well. The atmosphere in the blue section was awesome. When we scored I ended up hugging everyone around me when we scored. It was easy to get complacent. I think thats exactly what happened. It seemed as if the lads were told they had won the trophy at half time. Jocky Scott must have gone crazy at the Dens because they came out looking hungry and we just couldnt handle them.

Thought Adam, Hayes and Bulvitus did well, Munro and Golabek were woeful, wasn't bothered about Imrie he was just expressing how we all felt.

I missed my train that morning so I had to sprint to the bus station and sit on a citylink bus that went through every town and village on the way down. It was still worth it as it was an entertaining game. Just a shame we faltered in such an epic manner.

Thought Munro had a decent game.. certainly the first half he was pinging the ball about (similar to Bobby Mann).. would need to see the goals again to see if he was at fault

How bad was Imrie's challenge... did it merit a straight red? (thought it was a yellow at best at the time)