FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Shinnie going on loan

tm4tj

Did I hear Butcher on MFR tonight on my way home saying that Graeme Shinnie will be probably going to Forres on loan.

He was also complimenting Stratford on his professionalism saying he works really hard and is committed to the cause.

The other bit of info was that Cox and Eagle have injuries.

Think I'd rather have Shinnie at left back over Lionel or Golly just now.

Second-ed-ed

This club is quickly catching on as i'am the latest membeer to join. The we'd rather Shinnie club.

I think Golly is still worth a shot. Always looking for a space and pass for the ball, gets himself forward etc. Biggest of all doesnt guff up every second time he gets the ball.

I would be up for giving Shinnie a shot, but its too late in the season to get him used to SFL football.

For a moment there I thought we were getting Andrew Shinnie(Rangers kid) on loan. I think he's Graemes brother or cousin as he's listed in favoured personell in FM. And is from the same place.

Back to topic - If he's not going to get a game here, then getting out on loan will do him the power of good. So I'll take it as good news.

I'm in two minds about this to be honest. It's good that he's going away and getting first team football but its in the Highland league. What other team in the first division sends their youth players out to non league teams? Maybe they do and i'm unaware of this but i think its too far a step down.

Whenever we have sent players out in the past they have just been released once they come back. Even when Zander went to Elgin and done excellent he never got a chance to display what we had learned.

Once the league has been decided (saying we don't win promotion) then he should be given his chance to prove his worth for next season when the remaining fixtures will be meaningless.

Once the league has been decided (saying we don't win promotion) then he should be given his chance to prove his worth for next season when the remaining fixtures will be meaningless.

The league might not be decided until the last day of the season, with ICT needing nothing more than a draw at home to Dundee to clinch promotion...

It will be like deja vu, all over again!

I would agree with the sentiment that it would be nice to see our kids get a chance at a higher level than highland league.

Division 2 or 3 perhaps.

I mean if we had loaned out Rory Mac to the 2nd division it's likely he would have coped well as evident by his scoring exploits this season.

I dont really know why we can't put more faith in youth. Though I'd have thought TB would be the man to do it if anyone was given that he HAD to rely on them a Well. And you only have to look at how Hamilton have faired by trusting their younger players to mix it with the experience.

I mean if we had loaned out Rory Mac to the 2nd division it's likely he would have coped well as evident by his scoring exploits this season.

:blink:

We did loan Rory out to an SFL2 team. He went to Peterhead. He played about 4 or 5 times and scored one goal. By all accounts he wasn't that good.

Edited by RiG

I dont think Butch must rate someone tht highly if he farms him out to Highland League team. The HL is no standard at all these days!

Agreed but those who go out on loan to SHFL teams probably won't make it full-time and won't travel to the east coast lower league teams. Elgin is the only team reasonably local but Ross Jack can't fill his team with youngsters. There is still some good part-time money to be made in the SHFL - just ask the likes of Zander, Craig MacMillan, Dave MacRae, Tony Low, David Hinds, Syd MacKay, Craig Campbell, Stuart Soane, Ally Ridgers - ALL very good SHFL players who just didn't cut it full-time - whatever the reason.

Edited by caleyboy

I can see why Butcher might want to put young players out on loan, to gain first team football, and experience.

But at the end of the day, It's not like we have two other reliable left back's... Golly - Passed it, and Djebi-Zadi ....

I saw Shinnie play at Clach and he didn't look out of place at all, along side Rosscoe and Proctor. He makes alot of good run's up the left flank, he scored and was probably man of the match

For a moment there I thought we were getting Andrew Shinnie(Rangers kid) on loan. I think he's Graemes brother or cousin as he's listed in favoured personell in FM. And is from the same place.

Back to topic - If he's not going to get a game here, then getting out on loan will do him the power of good. So I'll take it as good news.

They're brothers

They're brothers

Do you think it would be worth trying to get Andrew Shinnie on loan next season perhaps? Was he not at Dundee last season? Surely the fact his brother plays for ICT would have some weight in getting him up here (if he's any good. And I imagine Graeme would still have to be here and getting a look in.)