FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ayr game on/off thread

caley100

Well feck me, with the snow arriving i thought we better have a thread on whether the Ayr game will be on/off.

Looking out of my window, its now stopped snowing but we may get a wee bit more according to the met office, the temperatures will rise slightly late thursday and friday should be 3c, with saturday the same, will the heating be turned on? will we require snow clearers at the staduim saturday? will we get a game.. i need a football match!!!!! :lol:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started snowing in Glasgow as well.... not an expert on meteorology but imagine it's just going to get worse up your way

been snowing since atleast 5am this morning and is still snowing as of this moment. it has been on and off but it has been quite thick when it has been snowing.

Well its stopped snowing and gone slushy on the roads, if this keeps up we will be ok i hope, Big Tel has said the game will be on so who are we or nature to argue, i see that as a threat to the club more than anything.

We had no forecast of snow for Aberlour last night or today but today we woke up to 5 inches and had another 3 inches since about 9am this morning so if that heads to inverness, the game would be in serious doubt

Has anybody else woke up with five inches but found an extra three inches a short time later ? :024:

We had no forecast of snow for Aberlour last night or today but today we woke up to 5 inches and had another 3 inches since about 9am this morning so if that heads to inverness, the game would be in serious doubt

Has anybody else woke up with five inches but found an extra three inches a short time later ? :024:

Tends to be the other way about these days :(

It is difficult for the club to know what to do when the weather forecasts are so unreliable. Yesterday I checked the BBC 5 day summary forecast for my post code and it came up with it being sunny for all 5 days - not a hint of a cloud, let alone any white stuff falling out of one. Now they have weather warnings of 50cm of snow!

A feature of this winter is how consistently the met office have got the forecasts wrong. It would be interesting to know if the club rely on the BBC forecasts or whether they contract with some other agency. If it saves them putting the USH on for a couple of nights then it would be money well spent.

Weather forecast looks quite promising, heavy snow for a few hours this afternoon but it's not meant to be too cold during the night so it might start to clear.

Tomorrow there is a light snow shower early in the day and the sun is meant to be out in the afternoon, it's meant to be sunny on Saturday so I expect that any decision on the game won't take place until Saturday morning.

Really pi55ed off with this weather now... :thumb01n:

If the games does go on its going to be cold... need to have some warm up juice in the Innes first.

it aint the San Siro, all football grounds are cold, even in the summer!

Have to disagree there mate, the Montrose game last august was a scorcher,the bloke next to me got a half-face sun burn, very amusing indeed.

It's only Thursday though. Apparently the pitch is in decent nick. Today was simply the most horrendous day this century. Driving sleet, strong winds and f f f freezing. Outside Inverness it would appear to be chaotic. However, if it's based solely on the pitch being ok then it might just go ahead.