FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for County

Renegade

I won't be at all surprised to see the mighty tactical king that is Mr Butcher, play the same team for this game again. I fully expect to see Tokely stay at centre-half, Odhiambo down the middle and Ross staying in on the left. After all, it worked in the last game!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't be at all surprised to see the mighty tactical king that is Mr Butcher, play the same team for this game again. I fully expect to see Tokely stay at centre-half, Odhiambo down the middle and Ross staying in on the left. After all, it worked in the last game!

Im scared already Rene at the thought of it!

Think the County game would be a tad unfair to throw Nick into.

Esson

Tokely, Bulvitis, Munro, Golabek

Cox, Duncan

Hayes, Sanchez, Odhiambo

Rooney

Subs: Allison, Proctor, Ross, McBain, Stratford

It almost certainly will be, but the aim of the thread is to put up what you would do, not what you think Butcher will do.

Or in your case, use it as another excuse for some Butcher-Bashing.

tru dat

I'd go (dependent on suspensions):

Esson

Tokely Bully Munro Golly

Hayes Duncan Cox Proctor Odhiambo

Rooney

Solid as possible, win the battle in the centre and use the pace of Odhiambo and Hayes on the flanks. If not working bring on Sanchez for whichever of the 3 centre mids is playing the poorest

According to yesterday's programme, Golabek and Munro both have suspensions coming up. Will any of these two be out for the next game?

Havnt heard anything about them yet

I read that in the programme too but there is no mention of any ICT players, except Foran here.

It almost certainly will be, but the aim of the thread is to put up what you would do, not what you think Butcher will do.

:rolleyes:

Where's the clutching at straws smiley? And anyway, saying anything other than Butcher is the greatest thing to happen to world ever, seem to be a crime on here these days. Or is that just when it comes to me?

:rolleyes:

Where's the clutching at straws smiley? And anyway, saying anything other than Butcher is the greatest thing to happen to world ever, seem to be a crime on here these days. Or is that just when it comes to me?

I think it's more for the fact that recently every post you make on this forum suggests dis-content with Butcher..... or you believe because you're a wizz with Football manager that you could do a better job than him in real life.

For the fact that Butcher has engineered ICT to 3 points behind the league leaders when we looked dead and buried at Christmas and he's rarely put a foot wrong since then suggests you might be "clutching at straws"...

remember, Butcher has only 1 go when he plays a game of football... unlike Football manager he doesn't have the option of quitting the game and replaying the match

I'm not saying he's no good because I'm better at Football Manager! I'm saying I don't rate him because I don't think he's a very good manager - and facts back me up on that. Even here, the way some people go on, you'd think he was Sir Alex Ferguson, but in truth he's not much better than Brewster would be if he was still here. He's a manager who's only gotten jobs due to his name, not his ability. If he wasn't such a big name, would he be ICT manager? No chance. If he didn't talk such a good name, would he be ICT manager? No chance, but feel that these two reasons distort some people's view. And all in all though, the main thing I dislike about Butcher, was that he essentially relegated this club. When he dropped Esson for Fraser for no other reason than his own ego, that was putting himself ahead of the team. And that IMO is unforgivable.

I'm not saying he's no good because I'm better at Football Manager! I'm saying I don't rate him because I don't think he's a very good manager - and facts back me up on that. Even here, the way some people go on, you'd think he was Sir Alex Ferguson, but in truth he's not much better than Brewster would be if he was still here. He's a manager who's only gotten jobs due to his name, not his ability. If he wasn't such a big name, would he be ICT manager? No chance. If he didn't talk such a good name, would he be ICT manager? No chance, but feel that these two reasons distort some people's view. And all in all though, the main thing I dislike about Butcher, was that he essentially relegated this club. When he dropped Esson for Fraser for no other reason than his own ego, that was putting himself ahead of the team. And that IMO is unforgivable.

I think that's the worst post you've made since the 2-4-5 formation one.

If he wasn't a very good manager, why would we be sitting 3 points behind the leaders with the best form in the division, top goal scorers in the division, arguably his signing, Jonny Hayes, could win the best player in the division???

I am not suggesting he's perfect.. infact I still have reservations on a number of things currently, why Bully's been dropped when we are just getting to the business end of the season... but I'd rather point out the aspects he's done well and there are a lot more of them than negatives... The fact people are bemoaning the standard of football after we won a match to put us in touching distance of the title testifies to that.

You really need to drop this "Butcher got us relegated" cr@p.. he might have made a couple of bad decisions in important matches but we wouldn't have been anywhere near that position if he hadn't have made the right decisions beforehand to get us there. We were gone when Butcher arrived and the team made a valiant effort to survive but didn't... get over it.

I think he mucked up by letting Imrie go for tuppence ha'penny as well - seems like he wasn't good enough to play for us regularly in division 1, yet he seems to have started virtually every game Hamilton have played in the SPL since he went there.

I think he mucked up by letting Imrie go for tuppence ha'penny as well - seems like he wasn't good enough to play for us regularly in division 1, yet he seems to have started virtually every game Hamilton have played in the SPL since he went there.

Our record since Imrie left the club is almost flawless + if we didn't sell Imrie for what we did he would have walked for nothing in the Summer

I think that's the worst post you've made since the 2-4-5 formation one.

Actually I've never come out and said ICT should use that formation, even more to the the fact that the 2-4-5 isn't possible, unless you play with no goalie of course.

If he wasn't a very good manager, why would we be sitting 3 points behind the leaders with the best form in the division, top goal scorers in the division, arguably his signing, Jonny Hayes, could win the best player in the division???

If he was a good manager then he wouldn't have sacked at nearly every club he's been at. He should of been relegated in his first season at Motherwell, and made a complete pig's ear of Sunderland, Brentford and Sydney (his record at Brentford BTW is nearly just as bad as Brewster's at DUFC!). Lets put things in perspective, he's signed one very good player (to his credit) in Hayes that has been the catalyst of a lot of ICT's success this season, but let's look at the standard of this league. The SPL, on the whole is rotten, the standard of Division is rather rotten as well, so what's is someone of Butcher's name and Butcher's calibre doing at a club and in a league like this? To me that says a lot about him. Other teams won't touch him as manager with a ten foot pole, I wonder why?

I am not suggesting he's perfect.. infact I still have reservations on a number of things currently, why Bully's been dropped when we are just getting to the business end of the season... but I'd rather point out the aspects he's done well and there are a lot more of them than negatives... The fact people are bemoaning the standard of football after we won a match to put us in touching distance of the title testifies to that.

You really need to drop this "Butcher got us relegated" cr@p.. he might have made a couple of bad decisions in important matches but we wouldn't have been anywhere near that position if he hadn't have made the right decisions beforehand to get us there. We were gone when Butcher arrived and the team made a valiant effort to survive but didn't... get over it.

To his credit, he essentially had ICT safe - then he blew it. Those were his mistake, which were not decisions of necessity, and that what's blew it for ICT. Brewster had the team in a bad way, but Butcher's decisions with just a couple of games to go, was what blew it - and that was Butcher's fault.

If he was a good manager then he wouldn't have sacked at nearly every club he's been at. He should of been relegated in his first season at Motherwell, and made a complete pig's ear of Sunderland, Brentford and Sydney (his record at Brentford BTW is nearly just as bad as Brewster's at DUFC!). Lets put things in perspective, he's signed one very good player (to his credit) in Hayes that has been the catalyst of a lot of ICT's success this season, but let's look at the standard of this league. The SPL, on the whole is rotten, the standard of Division is rather rotten as well, so what's is someone of Butcher's name and Butcher's calibre doing at a club and in a league like this? To me that says a lot about him. Other teams won't touch him as manager with a ten foot pole, I wonder why?

I don't care what he did elsewhere, I'd rather go on the fact that he has one of, if not, the best win percentage since Pele. You're argument about the league doesn't stand up... you manage the team you have, in the league they're in he can't do anything else but try and get the wins. No other teams will touch him because he's our manager... are you actually comparing to Butcher to Sir Alex Ferguson here? Have you asked yourself why a manager with decent calibre would come anywhere near ICT??

I'm not for a second suggesting he's the answer to all our problems but he is what we have and he's obviously doing all he can for ICT and at the moment a lot of what he's doing is working.

To his credit, he essentially had ICT safe - then he blew it. Those were his mistake, which were not decisions of necessity, and that what's blew it for ICT. Brewster had the team in a bad way, but Butcher's decisions with just a couple of games to go, was what blew it - and that was Butcher's fault.

I don't buy into the "we live in a blame culture" boll0x but after reading your last sentence I see what they mean.

You have no idea what went on behind the scenes or what influenced Butcher's decisions at that time... it was his decision to make and he was obviously doing what he thought was neccesary to keep us in the division. If Tokely doesn't get caught on the wrong side of Higdon (?) then you would be kissing the ground he walked on for it being a piece of genius. We were relegated and he was incharge at the time but to say that it was his fault when we were in such a dire hole before he arrived is well off the mark

After watching Lionel in action in the Inverness Cup, I've altered my selection for Saturday...

Esson

Tokely Bulvitis Munro Golabek

Proctor Cox

Hayes Duncan Odhiambo Djebi-Zadi

Rooney

I wonder if Johnboy's onto something here. Where was Lionel playing last night? Is Butcher considering this:

-----------------------ESSON-------------------

PROCTOR-----TOKELY-----MUNRO-------GOLLY

----------------DUNCAN----COX--------------

HAYES------------ODHIAMBO-----------DJEBI-ZADI

---------------------ROONEY------------------

I think it's worth a spin.

Lionel was suberb last night - had one wee defensive mis-cue, which gave Clach a chance, but had some terrific runs through the middle - one of these got us a penalty.

The guy really is a class act. The sooner someone realises he is not a defender the better.

After watching Lionel in action in the Inverness Cup, I've altered my selection for Saturday...

Esson

Proctor Cox

Hayes Duncan Odhiambo Djebi-Zadi

Rooney

I wonder if Johnboy's onto something here. Where was Lionel playing last night? Is Butcher considering this:

-----------------------ESSON-------------------

PROCTOR-----TOKELY-----MUNRO-------GOLLY

----------------DUNCAN----COX--------------

HAYES------------ODHIAMBO-----------DJEBI-ZADI

---------------------ROONEY------------------

I think it's worth a spin.

Yeah.... That's even better, and you're at an obvious advantage here, in that you can count up to 11!

After watching last nights game, I'm gonna change mine about a bit. It's time to win the league in style, bring back attack!

Esson

Cox Duncan Djebi-Zadi

Odhiambo Rooney Hayes

Subs - Allison, Proctor, McBain, Ross, Eagle

Edited by Renegade