• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me (and remember Foran is out suspended) -

Esson

Tokely Bulvitis Munro Golabek

Hayes Duncan Cox McBain

Sanchez Rooney

Subs - Allison, Proctor, Odhiambo, Djebi-Zadi, Ross

Hmm would put in odhiambo instead of Mcbain though. The midfield there is a bit defensive and with duncan and cox playing the defensive midfield role we could do with a bit more going forward on other side of midfield to Hayes.

Mmmm, how did I know when I saw you'd posted, I just knew your post would be something about my line up? But seriously, I can see your point about Odhiambo, but I thought he was poor today, very poor.

This is going to be one of the many games coming up that either makes or breaks our promotion bid. We can't afford to play like we played today against a well organised outfit like County.

With that in mind:

Esson

Proctor Tokely Munro Golabek

Odhiambo Cox Duncan Hayes

Sanchez

Rooney

Although Nick Ross scored our goal today, I really struggle to think of anything else he did today. We can't afford to have any passengers in the team - so for that reason, Ross is replaced with Sanchez and I've kept Proctor at Right Back because the thought of Bulvitis being back in the team to play the tinks scares the crap out of me.

Mmmm, how did I know when I saw you'd posted, I just knew your post would be something about my line up? But seriously, I can see your point about Odhiambo, but I thought he was poor today, very poor.

Well you were the only person that had posted so it wasnt gonna be about anyone else's!! Good to see you don't want Lionel in midfield for this game though!!

Anyway yeah he wasnt great but quite a few players didnt perform today, can't really drop him after one poor game, we know he can and has done a lot better recently.

Why is most people trying to stay with Butchers back 4? What has Bulvitis done that is so bad he gets dropped to play Tokely in the center? :huh:

We should be playing....

Esson

Proctor Cox

Hayes Cox Sanchez

Rooney

Why is most people trying to stay with Butchers back 4? What has Bulvitis done that is so bad he gets dropped to play Tokely in the center? :huh:

We should be playing....

Esson

Proctor Cox

Hayes Cox Sanchez

Rooney

Was it Mihadjiks (sp) that Butcher dropped to play Tokely at CB last season? Im not totally sure if there hasn't been a falling out here or if he is unhappy with him.

After the Dundee game I read comments from Butcher where he said he was furious with a couple of players in that game. I dont remember Bulvitis having a bad game, was he at fault for not closing down the player for the second goal? Just as after this game he seems to have been dropped, not due to injury as he is on the bench. Could he be a player Butcher was furious at? Also Sanchez had been benched and played little part since.

I agree. Proctor was woefull today, not sure he even completed a pass. Bulvitus should be played IMO

Having been at the Dundee game, I still don't think it was Bulvitis' fault that they equalised - the deflection was unfortunate but.... could have happened anyway as the defence were panicking after Brian Kerr's goal. There seemed to be a total lack of composure from then on.

Today, Proctor had an off day - most, if not all of his passes went to Morton, so his confidence will not be 100%. Surely Nauris (with his ability to score) might be preferred, for the County game. I do rate Proctor but heads must over-rule hearts, sometime, and we MUST win against our neighbours. PLEASE.

and we MUST win against our neighbours. PLEASE.

This is what I am talking about, far too long for me I have been going to the football and seeing it as a chore but now it's all changed we are actually playing for something now and I've missed that. I have said a few times that the first division was my favourite period of the short ICT history and this is why, looking at the fixture list and daydreaming all the scenarios, working out, if we can just win this next one, where we'd be in the table and what we'd need to happen to win this thing. The adrenaline is returning, building up mild shivers in the approach to kick off and then a sudden wave of energy as the shrill of the whistle echos through the ground.

Bring on the C*UNTY

We should be playing....

Esson

Proctor Cox

Hayes Duncan Sanchez

Rooney

I like this line-up....

Has Cox got a twin brother?

:004: I just noticed my mistake when reading other posts there.

Line up has been fixed... Duncan in for Cox's twin brother

Today, Proctor had an off day - most, if not all of his passes went to Morton, so his confidence will not be 100%. Surely Nauris (with his ability to score) might be preferred, for the County game. I do rate Proctor but heads must over-rule hearts, sometime, and we MUST win against our neighbours. PLEASE.

In a defensive sense Proctor was sound yesterday. Going forward and passing are not his strong point I would agree.

Butcher must balance the fact that Tokely seems to have lost pace this year (not that he was ever the fastest) and fitness wise is not able to get up and down the line. He does add a bit more in an attacking sense however.

Having seen the tactics which County employed against us I would stick with Proctor. The call is between Bulvitus and Tokely for the Centre Half.

I would bring back Bully and shift Tokely back to his more familiar right back berth. I would also replace nick with Sanchez or even Mcbain.

I think Bully definitely has to come back for this game. Hes been made a scapegoat for the loss of a two nil lead at Dundee - I'm sure he has learned his lesson. Butcher bring him back!!

Edited by Wilsononourwing

Esson

Proctor Cox

Hayes Duncan Sanchez

Rooney

It's a tough one to call.... I'd go with Paisley's line-up, apart from Odhiambo instead of Sanchez. Just feel he's got a wee bit more of a physical presence.

I agree with all those who are saying this isn't a game for Nick Ross, although he did enough yesterday to merit a place on the bench.

What about tactics for this game? As the away side should we have a draw on our minds, and watch for the chance to hit them on the break, or should we try and take the game to them?

I say the latter - we've been shown up in recent games to be lacking when it comes to defending even a two goal lead.