FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Derek Adams

12th Man

Would he or should he move on if he was offered a managers post with a larger club, or is he contented at County or perhaps not quite ready for a step up to a bigger club. Some clubs may come knocking on Countys door is the summer as he has guided County to the Scottish cup final.

Thoughts.

Ps when I say a bigger club it wont be ICT, we are happy with our UEFA cup winning manager.

Pps back then, that was the equivalent of winning the Champions league today.

Was starting to go off topic.

Do you think he will move on in the summer ?

Why post on the thread then?

Because I genuinely don't know, nor do I care about the fate of Derek Adams. I can't quite understand why anyone would want to conduct a debate, or speculate on his future, on here.

Please feel free to delete my post (and this one) if it has offended any sense of propriety you might have.

Because I genuinely don't know, nor do I care about the fate of Derek Adams. I can't quite understand why anyone would want to conduct a debate, or speculate on his future, on here.

Please feel free to delete my post (and this one) if it has offended any sense of propriety you might have.

It's being discussed on the Non ICT section of the forum. I can't see any problem with that to be honest.

Your posts haven't offended me but they are quite bizarre given how little interest you have on this subject.

I think County will lose Adams sooner rather than later although the presence of Adams Sr may make it a harder decision for him. Lets face it, no matter what Adams has done or does in the future, he now has legendary status at County (much like Pele did/does at ICT) so if/when he goes the decision is all going to be his.

Having said that, if Brewster were to take his place I am confident he would win them a championship ....... The 2nd Division championship :lol:

If I were chairman of RC I'd be a lot more worried about the players I was going to lose than the management team. Their squad has performed well through out the season and reaching the SC final has a lot of clubs taking more interest.

They are also to a man (I believe) signed up for next season so any transfers will be of financial benefit to their club. Don't forget they just got a massive cash injection from the Cuip too. I'd say they are in a strong negotiating position and if I was on the Board at Arsey Effacy I'd be looking to keep the management team and strengthen the squad for a title challenge next year rather than selling the family silver.

Imagine............an SPL Derby. :004: B) B)

He's a promising manager but yet to prove himself. The team has had some excellent results this season - not only did they comprehensively beat Celtic but they outplayed Hibs over 2 matches and beat Hamilton earlier in the season. Even more noteworthy, they outplayed us in the first 2 derbies of the season. However, you don't achieve that without having an excellent squad of players and cynics just might suggest that their overall league form suggests Adams is not getting the best out of his players on a week by week basis.

The club is financially sound, has all its players signed up for next season and will have a further cash injection from their cup success which will allow them to further strengthen the squad. It's all set up for them to do very well in the league next year and I think we will be in a better position to judge him after that. Personally I think he would be mad to go.

It would be a rash move from Hibs or Aberdeen to get Adams in - he's unproven at that level. If County had another good season next term then sides like those, and perhaps Championship/League One level clubs in England, would probably be interested.

How long has he got left to run on his contract? A year? TB and MM have only a year left... How much would that annoy the county fans if he left to come over the bridge...

NO!!!!!!!!! The man is an a*se.

How times change. Not that long ago we were laughing at him for allegedly punching Higgins on the top of his head, now he is a god apparently. He may well get promoted, his team won't.