Derek Adams

12th Man

Ps when I say a bigger club it wont be ICT, we are happy with our UFA cup winning manager.

Pps back then, that was the equivalent of winning the Champions league today.

:P ...um no it wasn't!!

:lol:

I think County will lose Adams sooner rather than later although the presence of Adams Sr may make it a harder decision for him. Lets face it, no matter what Adams has done or does in the future, he now has legendary status at County (much like Pele did/does at ICT) so if/when he goes the decision is all going to be his.

Having said that, if Brewster were to take his place I am confident he would win them a championship ....... The 2nd Division championship :lol:

Always the optimist Scotty.

Edited by 12th Man

I don't think Aberdeen will sack McGhee unless they are relegated - and even then they might not be prepared to pay off his contract - but if the Aberdeen job was to become vacant I think Adams would struggle to turn it down, even though it's been a bit of a poisoned chalice over the past 20 years. I believe Adams was a Dons supporter as a boy, (his father worked as a scout under Ferguson), and according to a friend of my wife's who is a season ticket holder at Fir Park, Adams was hated for a good couple of years after he moved there because he said in his first interview that he hoped, if he played well enough, that he'd get a move back to Pittodrie. How tactful. There's also the inescapable fact that Aberdeen are a much, much bigger team than County will ever be.

It's true he's not experienced at that level, but behind Derek there's George, and his experience at three of the four biggest clubs in Scotland, during eras of success, has got to be tempting for any employer.

Edited by alternative maryhill

I think in the whole of the bottom six SPL and the other three lower divisions, there's probably only McInnes* that could turn down Aberdeen. They have one of the highest wage structure in Scottish football, so top six is realistic. Just depends on the manager being good enough to maximise it. And managers have to believe they can do that, otherwise they wouldn't be in the hotseat of any club.

*as he's probably being eyed up by EPL/Championship clubs - even then, he might think he can do something with the right funds.