FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Hi

Laurence

Hello

Just to say congratulations to In CT

I have never seen a match in Scotland at any level, so I don't know much about the standard you have achieved. I know your manager is famous for playing with blood pouring all over his face whilst playing for England.

When I was a boy my father , whilst on holiday , pulled up the car outside a very old football ground and said "this is the ground of Inverness Thistle, famous for giant killing acts in the Scottish cup".

I recently moved to the locality from deepest Sussex, I held a season ticket for a then Conference side called , Lewes.

I fully intend to get a seson ticket for ICT next season, unless they are all spoken for.

I was going to watch a game or two this season , but a stay in hospital and bad weather put paid to that.

regards

Laurence

Hello

I have never seen a match in Scotland at any level, so I don't know much about the standard you have achieved. I know your manager is famous for playing with blood pouring all over his face whilst playing for England.

When I was a boy my father , whilst on holiday , pulled up the car outside a very old football ground and said "this is the ground of Inverness Thistle, famous for giant killing acts in the Scottish cup".

I recently moved to the locality from deepest Sussex, I held a season ticket for a then Conference side called , Lewes.

I fully intend to get a seson ticket for ICT next season, unless they are all spoken for.

I was going to watch a game or two this season , but a stay in hospital and bad weather put paid to that.

regards

Laurence

Laurie,

You wont have too much problems getting a season ticket

Hello

regards

Laurence

Think you might struggle to get to a game then :P

Hello

regards

Laurence

Think you might struggle to get to a game then :P

I don't know? I believe Dundee played a pensioner in Goal , yesterday

Maybe hope for me yet.

Hello

When I was a boy my father , whilst on holiday , pulled up the car outside a very old football ground and said "this is the ground of Inverness Thistle, famous for giant killing acts in the Scottish cup".I recently moved to the locality from deepest Sussex, I held a season ticket for a then Conference side called , Lewes.

regards

Laurence

:P

One of my fondest memeories of living in Brighton was flicking through the Argus to find out just how AWFUL Lewes were doing.

If ICT played Lewes tomorrow then ICT would win about 12-0 before easing off, I know Lewes aint a pub team but its a measure of the difference in standards for you! Enjoy :lol:

Laurence

Welcome. I see you have a sense of humour too which is just the ticket for being a member on here. Being able to laugh at yourself is usefulon here! LOL

And I also note that you have brought Clacher Holiday2 out of the woodwork--wondered where on earth he has been hiding all these months.

Have a great season next ......... :lol:

One of my fondest memeories of living in Brighton was flicking through the Argus to find out just how AWFUL Lewes were doing.

If ICT played Lewes tomorrow then ICT would win about 12-0 before easing off, I know Lewes aint a pub team but its a measure of the difference in standards for you! Enjoy :lol:

Only 12 nil. Montrose could give LEWES 12 goals start, and still win. I only went to Lewes for the beer at half time.

LEWES have the excuse of being promoted to the Conference. Then sacking their manager, and all their players. Starting again with cast offs from teams 3 divisons lower. Nobody ever found out why.

Edited by Laurence

Shame they never had SatNav back then. Sounds like your old man must have found himself on the wrong side of the river :lol::lol:

I don't know? I believe Dundee played a pensioner in Goal , yesterday

Maybe hope for me yet.

Laurence, welcome to the not only the best Club in Scotland, but the friendliest fans too!

As for Dundee's geriatric keeper - good thing they had him in between the sticks because looking at their own fans comments, had the regulars been there they might have gone down by more than the solitary goal!! :lol:

When reading the book - " Against all odds", ( Better than any novel )

Gee thanks Laurence!! :D

And so unassuming of you to describe your thread as "not important". Of course it's important!

Please ingnore Mantis. :lol: He is an unashamed propagandist for the (predominantly :lol: ) blue and white side of the said merger.

However he does seem to have misinterpreted your circumstances. Might it have been more likely that you were actually outside Telford Street Park since you refer to "giant killing acts" (plural) whereas in the case of Kingsmills Park the 1985 singular would perhaps have been more appropriate? :lol:

But seriously... welcome!

Maybe he turned up for the Falkirk cup match, the Falkirk cup match, the Falkirk cup match, the Falkirk cup match, the Falkirk cup match, the Falkirk cup match, the Falkirk cup match, the Falkirk cup match, the Falkirk cup match, the Falkirk cup match, the Falkirk cup match, the Falkirk cup match................................

When reading the book - " Against all odds", ( Better than any novel )

Gee thanks Laurence!! :lol:

And so unassuming of you to describe your thread as "not important". Of course it's important!

But seriously... welcome!

Charles hi

I bought 4 copies and sold and sold 3 of them at a profit , 2 to the USA

I also sold one to a Lady in Dingwall who returned it,

When can I look forward to reading the sequal.?

Laurence

www.simplyreadbooks.co.uk

Please ingnore Mantis. :lol: He is an unashamed propagandist for the (predominantly :D ) blue and white side of the said merger.

Propagandist, moi? :D

Yes, as the famed chronicler alluded to, it was indeed the plural of 'act' which was picked up by my ever-twitching antennae.

Shame they never had SatNav back then. Sounds like your old man must have found himself on the wrong side of the river :( :D

Yip - no disrespect Laurence - but yer old man must have been a deluded feckin Jaggie.

In fairness to my Dad , He was just a bloke from a cotton mill town in Lancashire, driving around in circa 1953 in a borrowed Wolsley on Holiday, with a car full. Towing a caravan. Driving through Inverness, he had probably seen something in the papers about an Inverness team doing well in the Scottish cup. When he sees a football ground, and he instantly thinks that's the one in the papers, I'll tell my kids about that, just to stop them getting bored. My Dad was neither deluded or a Jaggie. He was a loyal Bury supporter. He never missed a match. He worked 7 days a week , more or less, just taking Saturday afternoon off, to go to the game. If Bury were away, he would have no time to go to the match, so he would go to Bolton Wanderers or Blackburn Rovers. He would go to football on Xmas day, and on Boxing day. He was a great fan. As I say neither a Jag or deluded. Just trying to do the best for his family.