FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Pitch Invasion Repercussions

Kyisback

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry caleyrule, but you're talking through a hole in your hat.....there is absolutely no precedent which would suggest a fine anywhere near that level.

Thank goodness. Jesus, I was worried there.

Be interesting to see, if there is a fine, whether those who went on to the park during the game put their hands in their pockets and donate towards a fine they earned for the club.

But then you could argue that all the fans that went on the pitch would have given more than what ever the fine is in merchandise, tickets etc. Anyway, lets look on the bright side a fine would be very harsh indeed and surely an unlikely outcome.

Be interesting to see, if there is a fine, whether those who went on to the park during the game put their hands in their pockets and donate towards a fine they earned for the club.

But then you could argue that all the fans that went on the pitch would have given more than what ever the fine is in merchandise, tickets etc. Anyway, lets look on the bright side a fine would be very harsh indeed and surely an unlikely outcome.

You could also argue that the fans were as indisciplined as any player who is red/yellow carded during a game for unsporting conduct. And you could also argue that having a season ticket for ICT, or paying to watch a game, does not entitle the lunatics to take over the asylum.

Been a couple of threads on here in which fans try to justify their foolish actions...while I think there is no justification for rank stupidity. Did anyone on the pitch during the Ayr game even give a thought for the possible repercussions for the club, before indulging their own inability to control themselves?

I think it ludicrous that there even has to be a thread like this in a football forum to tell fans what they should know.

Not that unlikely.........it will depend on precedence, because if other clubs have been fined for incursions during a game, can the powers-that-be make an exception for ICT and maintain credibility?

You could also argue that the fans were as indisciplined as any player who is red/yellow carded during a game for unsporting conduct. And you could also argue that having a season ticket for ICT, or paying to watch a game, does not entitle the lunatics to take over the asylum.

You could but my point still stands, and I think that calling people who follow ICT all over scotland 'lunitics' is unpresedented. It was people just getting excited, the re-start was not delayed and everyone went off the pitch almost immeadiately. No hoolaganism or anything came into the equation - all in good nature.

Not that unlikely.........it will depend on precedence, because if other clubs have been fined for incursions during a game, can the powers-that-be make an exception for ICT and maintain credibility?

Who was the last team in Scotland to be fined for a pitch invasion? I'm intrigued to know.

Anyway, I do believe it is a long shot we'll be facing a fine. We're in the SPL after a fecking tough season - lets enjoy our week in the build up to the trophy presentation rather than mulling over what might happen.

What a total load of nonsense. There will be NO fine, there are pitch invasions all over when teams win the league, secure promotion etc. Seem like some people like to moan for the sake of it, a lot of older fans (not all) dissaprove of fans having fun but so what, stuff them. Nothing will happen, its not like it happens every week, this happens when teams win the league and nothing ever happens, it is almost accepted. Look at the amount of pitch invasions in England etc and also how many there have been in Inverness by fans of other teams and there has not been any fines then.

I don't get it really, I've been to more games than I can think of in my life and not once have I ever felt the urge to jump the fence (full time of the 1st Division Championship game in 2004 being an obvious and understandable exception). I am guessing though that some have a bit of a sheep mentality and want to look like some cool dudes! Not that the club should get a fine for that mind. That's seems a bit excessive.

Edited by Renegade

Well said. Pitch invasion is a victimless bending of the rules and a fine for two minute-long mini-invasions invasions would be ridiculous!

What a total load of nonsense. There will be NO fine, there are pitch invasions all over when teams win the league, secure promotion etc. Seem like some people like to moan for the sake of it, a lot of older fans (not all) dissaprove of fans having fun but so what, stuff them. Nothing will happen, its not like it happens every week, this happens when teams win the league and nothing ever happens, it is almost accepted. Look at the amount of pitch invasions in England etc and also how many there have been in Inverness by fans of other teams and there has not been any fines then.

walked past photographer trev martin at full time, he was still sitting behind the goal line. he was was doing a ICT and going balistic about the camera lying on the ground next to him. it belonged to a free lance guy and was knocked over and trampled by some "fat bloke" who invaded the pitch. reckoned the ?20k camera was trashed. maybe the people that invaded the pitch could pay towards a replacement as well as paying for any fine.

Agree with Joe, what a load of nonsense.

I mind when Dundee Utd were up here a few years back, needing to win to survive. Robson's penalty saw a pitch invasion, pretty sure there was one one at the end too. Don't remember any fuss about those scenes, and rightly so.

Last Saturday was just sheer enjoyment. There was no malice involved, and the folk on the pitch cleared themselves off it very quickly. It seems like every ounce of enjoyment and fun is being kicked out of football. Next we'll have wee printed sheets stuck to our seats telling us the dos and donts at every match. Going to a match is in danger of becoming a totally soulless experience.

I think the terracing on Saturday played a big part on the younger boys running on to the pitch to celebrate with the players. Coupled with the fact that the wall there isn't very high and there were only 2 stewards in front of them, it was pretty inevitable. Not in defence of those who ran to the pitch, but the game was obviously well and truly over. I think the referee blew full time sharp. That's disappointing to hear a freelance photographer had his camera damaged. Pitch intrusions on Saturday - can't see it happening to be honest. People will be seated and there will be far more stewards and police on hand. IMO this thread has been given too much airtime already and a repeat seems highly unlikely.

walked past photographer trev martin at full time, he was still sitting behind the goal line. he was was doing a ICT and going balistic about the camera lying on the ground next to him. it belonged to a free lance guy and was knocked over and trampled by some "fat bloke" who invaded the pitch. reckoned the ?20k camera was trashed. maybe the people that invaded the pitch could pay towards a replacement as well as paying for any fine.

Saw him going mental too, didn't know the camera had been damaged, just saw it lying on its side and assumed it had been knocked over.

I have to say as a 'young guy' that I disagree with running onto the pitch mid-game, infact I hesitated for a couple of minutes after the final goal as I assumed everyone was running on to the pitch to celebrate that, didn't even hear the full-time whistle. Think a lot of it was to do with bravado as well.

We had fans on the pitch after the Clyde game in 2004 and the St J's game the next week and there was no fine. There were also fans on the pitch when we beat Celtic in 2003. Off the top of my head Livingston, Partick and St Mirren fans have invaded our pitch with no repercussions.

I actually said to someone near me how stupid it was to leave those cameras sitting behind the goal after the first mini invasion....which they survived unscathed. Really has nobody to blame but himself for not moving them when it was inevitable that the fans were going to come back on the pitch at the end.

Also didn't see any complaints when the photographers were on the pitch with the fans to get their snaps.

It's what's known as an "Occupational Hazard".

?20,000 camera....yeah right.

I actually said to someone near me how stupid it was to leave those cameras sitting behind the goal after the first mini invasion....which they survived unscathed. Really has nobody to blame but himself for not moving them when it was inevitable that the fans were going to come back on the pitch at the end.

Also didn't see any complaints when the photographers were on the pitch with the fans to get their snaps.

It's what's known as an "Occupational Hazard".

Exactly. Surely they must have some sort on insurance on them anyway.

Agree with Joe, what a load of nonsense.

I mind when Dundee Utd were up here a few years back, needing to win to survive. Robson's penalty saw a pitch invasion, pretty sure there was one one at the end too. Don't remember any fuss about those scenes, and rightly so.

Last Saturday was just sheer enjoyment. There was no malice involved, and the folk on the pitch cleared themselves off it very quickly. It seems like every ounce of enjoyment and fun is being kicked out of football. Next we'll have wee printed sheets stuck to our seats telling us the dos and donts at every match. Going to a match is in danger of becoming a totally soulless experience.

Nobody's saying it's malice. The fact is the game lasts until the ref blows the final whistle. Until then it's a spectator sport, and what possible purpose is there to run on before the whistle? ICT, TB, MM, the players and I dare say, the majority of fans, simply do not want the last game of the season disrupted until the referee blows the whistle to end the SFL days. Enjoyment? No problem! After the whistle.

I went on at the final whistle. Not going to try and escape that, nothing wrong with it once the referee ends the game. Admit I was tempted at the first one but hung back. I saw Trevor examining the camera but couldn't honestly say I saw who or what happened.

I think some on here are missing the point. Loads of people are going on about pitch invasions after this match and that match and not being fined. Maybe that's because it was AFTER the match and not DURING the match. It has become quite normal to invade the pitch after a title winning match and if this was the case it would probably and rightly go unpunished. The invasions that we may get fined for took place during a match which is unacceptable. I know emotions were running high but self control is in all of us, it's just a case of using it or not as the case may be. I bet the night after the Dundee match we will be discussing an incident involving one or more of our fans. If I'm wrong I'll apologise but I doubt if I'll have to. I'm a firm believer in having fun but controlled fun. Guess I'm just a boring old fart but hey, I'm happy. B)

The club have asked that we include this statement from them on the site and this is probably the best place for it....

"We request that our fans do not attempt to enter the playing area during Saturdays match. If this happens it will almost certainly result in action being taken against the Club, and we assume that nobody would want this to happen.

We do not wish to curtail Saturdays fun for any of our fans so we ask that you all adhere to this request and there will be plenty of time and opportunity to party post match.

Prior to the presentation of the trophy, and for Health & Safety reasons, we will require the pitch area to be clear to allow the players, management team and presentation party coming out on to the playing area to carry out the formal part of the celebrations.

There will be numerous tannoy announcements on Saturday to explain what will be happening throughout the afternoon and we ask that these announcements are listened to and followed so we can all have a very enjoyable day and allow everybody to savour the moment of our historic return to SPL football."

If the club is determined to stop fans coming onto the pitch during the game then the answer is to stop all this winning nonsense. Let's get back to the early season dross and there should be no worries about any pitch invasion repercussions.

However, just in case the club do not take this sensible precaution and our team do to Dundee what they did to Ayr last week, I have taken the precaution of procuring a seat right at the back in the middle of a row so that it will make it extremely difficult for this middle aged git to leap over the wall and skip onto the pitch to the great embarrassment of the club and my family alike. I urge everybody else to take the club's statement seriously and take whatever precautions they deem necessary to restrain themselves at times of such overwhelming excitement. Those sitting nearer the front might want to tie their shoe laces together, for example.