FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Call To Arms

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

Never thought that this would create so much positivity but most of the posters recall the old days and the present and have followed Caley, Thistle and ICT. :twothumbsup:

We had "calling cards" with a wall sprayed with "Youve been visited by the Howden End" but we usually left them on a bar table. :rotflmao::rotflmao: Stormin Normin was a dab hand at design !!

Anyway there were only nine originals as I said, two deceased but I have had replies from 5 of the living and now know how to get a message to the other two - looks like a night on the lash at the Fluke on the Friday night may well be a full house with at least four of us also heading to the game on the Saturday.

Just heard Rod the Mod is coming out of retirement to play Boabby the barman.....

Characters-still-game-3552238-180-200.jpg

Just substitute Buckfast for pomagne... nobody will notice, and i'm liking the blue and white scarf thing!!

To your first comment... hilarious!!! Will Rod be rinsing the long term white out of the mullett with a mid brown?

To your second comment... don't go there! Buckie is a south west of the Castlecary Arches beverage and should stay there. Morrisons do a cheeky looking little Perry, probably not dissimilar to Pomagne, at 18.7p per unit. The reason I know this is that I did a bit of research the other week in relation to something I was doing with a class... honest!!

Tesco then upstaged them with their "Killie Brand" (blue and white vertical stripe Tesco Value) cider which came in at about 15.6p per unit but I don't think you will want to go there either.

Charles, I can assure you that Rod the Mod has never sported a Boaby-esque mullet. He had a somewhat flamboyant barnet back in the day but I'd hardly call it a mullet.

Let's just say he's extremely disappointed that at least one Howdenender in the family follows, "The Jags" as he refers to ICT. He claims to follow the Staggies as a wind up. Not a hope in hell of him venturing to the TCS. Elgin or not.

TSTtiger - Thistle Soccer Trendy?

Charles, I can assure you that Rod the Mod has never sported a Boaby-esque mullet. He had a somewhat flamboyant barnet back in the day but I'd hardly call it a mullet.

Let's just say he's extremely disappointed that at least one Howdenender in the family follows, "The Jags" as he refers to ICT. He claims to follow the Staggies as a wind up. Not a hope in hell of him venturing to the TCS. Elgin or not.

TSTtiger - Thistle Soccer Trendy?

Yes, I would have to agree on that. My follicologial terminology isn't that great! Does Rod still have hair?

Just heard Rod the Mod is coming out of retirement to play Boabby the barman.....

Characters-still-game-3552238-180-200.jpg

Just substitute Buckfast for pomagne... nobody will notice, and i'm liking the blue and white scarf thing!!

To your first comment... hilarious!!! Will Rod be rinsing the long term white out of the mullett with a mid brown?

To your second comment... don't go there! Buckie is a south west of the Castlecary Arches beverage and should stay there. Morrisons do a cheeky looking little Perry, probably not dissimilar to Pomagne, at 18.7p per unit. The reason I know this is that I did a bit of research the other week in relation to something I was doing with a class... honest!!

Tesco then upstaged them with their "Killie Brand" (blue and white vertical stripe Tesco Value) cider which came in at about 15.6p per unit but I don't think you will want to go there either.

Your a genius get the class to do your research for you on how to get paralytic for the cheapest possible price after a days teaching and you get paid for it too.

• Agree 1

Put another nickle in ........... FOUR so far Mantis - one is a season tkt holder in Section G , other two are up fer Elgin - plus one reply from Poole in Dorset from the only Englishman in the firm :rotflmao::rotflmao: We are talking about the mid 70's here.

YMIP - the joke is that we were just a bunch of mates who liked a good drink (etc.) and a laff - a scrap in those days was practically part of the day out.

All FOUR :amazed:

Dearie me i can see this turning into a right bloodbath lets hope the Northern Constabulary will contact their southern colleagues so they can deploy their mounted police branch to this one :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9XEGBrA99E

dougal

• 1 month later...

Now this could be a rather difficult thread to administrate but PLEASE let it go on the main page - I am looking to set up a reunion of the group of lads who were dubbed the "Caley Animals", revered by the Telford Street masses, gained notoriety which was more often OTT and added on to and on to, gained a certain cult status and had others associating themselves and names added on and on. I know who the originals were. I will also be posting this on P&B and Facebook with a view to a Reunion before the Elgin game.

Mantis - can I add yer name as an intermediate contact ?

As far as I am concerned we were "naughty" - possibly "very naughty" !! - and we got in more than our fair share of scraps but those were the times (70's - early 80s) and we were no different to the SESH army of today. Plus it bugs me with all the "posers" and anti - merger fans - who associate themselves with a quite exclusive group of "mates" who really had Caledonian FC but also Inverness at their souls.

So - let the others join - and here is the first controversy - the original idea of the "Animals" came from maself and "Stormin" Norman Gordon - now deceased - I am totally convinced that Norman was Inverness first and Rangers second and he would have been in Section G and CaleyAway today if he was still alive. Rodger MacDonald fell off a train in 1977 but he was my best mate and he would definitely be standing beside me today. He also was Inverness football through and through.

The others are all alive - most are stay aways (but could come back for the Hellgin) but some of the originals are around, and at least 2 go regularly to TCS, but perhaps incognito. Lets get together and show that the "cult" of old Inverness are not as anti ICT as all make it out to be.

So - if you proclaim to be an original "Caley Animal" - please post here.

So how did the re-union go then?

Judging by the paltry home support yesterday the word success seems unlikely especially when the organiser doesn't even bother turning up himself :amazed:

dougal

We had a feckin great re-union but there was an unanimous decision made at the closure of the lock in that we would be doing a dis service to the good old days to turn up at a game against a once proud outfit who are simply 3rd class.

It really is great to have hooked such a big sprat on what was clearly - to most - a fishing trip from the first cast.

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

• Disagree 1

We had a feckin great re-union but there was an unanimous decision made at the closure of the lock in that we would be doing a dis service to the good old days to turn up at a game against a once proud outfit who are simply 3rd class.

It really is great to have hooked such a big sprat on what was clearly - to most - a fishing trip from the first cast.

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Every Howden Ender you contacted told you to Feck Off didn't they :rotflmao:

I know if my beloved Nottingham Forest merged with Notts County you wouldn't have seen me for dust

You only have to look at the club crest to question the integrity of the merger, when would you ever see an Eagle landing on a thistle??? Not only would the Eagle be too heavy it would have more sense as it knows it would hurt its feet

dougal

• Disagree 1