FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Mark McGhee has left the building

old caley girl

From RIG's article:

The 51-year-old, who has led Caley Jags to fourth spot in the SPL after promotion last term, is out of contract in the summer.

This is not true is it? I thought Terry & Mo had signed an extended contract?

Typical desktop journalism. Both Terry and Mo are contracted to the end of the 11/12 season. They extended in April this year for a further two seasons

Seems that once Brown had stopped laughing and calmed down a bit, the inevitable response was given . . .

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aberdeen/9257495.stm

So Craig and Archie knocked it back. No surprise there then. At there time of life with there careers just about finished Id imagine they are quite delighted with there deal at Motherwell, sitting nice and handy in the top six with the fans loving them and with a good set up nice and near home.

Why on EARTH should they want to go off up to Aberdeen sitting right at the bottom of the league and with no money and with a set of fans who will turn on them within half a dozen games if they dont start shooting up the league.

I sometimes think Dons fans live in phantasyland. They still think their a big club and that managers will knock each other over to get in the door at Pittodrie. But what has realy happened is that they have slowly drifted down and down and are only a shadow of what they were. In that process they have gone through a shedload of managers and some of them quite good(such as Calderwood and Smith.) But because nobody has delivered what the Dons still seem to expect they have all got the dunt. You realy have to ask if the Dons job IS actually all that bigt a deal for any manager.

Seems that once Brown had stopped laughing and calmed down a bit, the inevitable response was given . . .

http://news.bbc.co.u...een/9257495.stm

So Craig and Archie knocked it back. No surprise there then. At there time of life with there careers just about finished Id imagine they are quite delighted with there deal at Motherwell, sitting nice and handy in the top six with the fans loving them and with a good set up nice and near home.

Why on EARTH should they want to go off up to Aberdeen sitting right at the bottom of the league and with no money and with a set of fans who will turn on them within half a dozen games if they dont start shooting up the league.

I sometimes think Dons fans live in phantasyland. They still think their a big club and that managers will knock each other over to get in the door at Pittodrie. But what has realy happened is that they have slowly drifted down and down and are only a shadow of what they were. In that process they have gone through a shedload of managers and some of them quite good(such as Calderwood and Smith.) But because nobody has delivered what the Dons still seem to expect they have all got the dunt. You realy have to ask if the Dons job IS actually all that bigt a deal for any manager.

Looks like they've had a change of heart and are meeting with Aberdeen again .

Looks like they've had a change of heart and are meeting with Aberdeen again .

Could be they've been assured Willie Miller need not be staying on as DOF.

Could be .

Chick Young is now claiming on Sportsound that Brown will take the job - possibly to be confirmed later this evening.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Willie Miller who pushed for Brown's appointment. There's a strong relationship there as far as I know - bizarrely, Brown was suggesting Miller for the Scotland job a few years back. I think it was either after Vogts' or Smith's period in charge. He said something along the lines of Miller being an excellent coach and tactician who hadn't had a fair crack of the whip.

No doubt, as you suggested earlier, the Butcher for Motherwell bandwagon will start rolling if Chick is correct. Please God, no.

Edited by alternative maryhill

Can there really be that much difference in money for player salaries? I'm assuming no difference in money being made available for transfers. Are two old men still that desperate for a little bit more money in their pay packet?

I know they'll talk about sleeping giants and all but I'd love to know the real reason.