FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Forres Teenagers Given ASBO Ban

EWS

Three teenagers have been banned from large areas of their Moray home town for five years after being served with anti-social behaviour orders.

Damien Grant, 17, Hassan Ali, 18, and 19-year-old Jamie Wright are banned from entering High Street in Forres between 1800 BST and 0600 BST.

It is also illegal for them to enter areas such as bars, the community centre and the library.

Moray Council and Grampian Police welcomed the granting of the Asbos.

The Asbos were granted at Elgin Sheriff Court on Tuesday.

Drunken behaviour

Moray Council said it was as a result of an extended period of anti-social behaviour by the three, including assaults, vandalism, threats to and abuse of residents and police officers.

All were said to be members of a gang of youths who call themselves the Pivvy Posse.

Moray Council's Grampian Police liaison officer, Sgt Paul Bremner, said: "These three teenage troublemakers from Forres have continually come to the notice of police for fighting and drunken behaviour in and around the town.

"They will now be subject to fairly stringent conditions to curtail their behaviour.

"We are very pleased with the outcome of this case and hope that this shows residents in Moray that we are not afraid to use our powers in relation to anti-social behaviour."

Forres West Councillor Alasdair Urquhart also said he was delighted to see strong action taken.

He said: "I hope that this will be seen by other teenagers that this sort of behaviour will not be tolerated by Moray Council, the police or anyone.

"Five years is a long time not to be allowed into places your friends are."

Sufficed to say I know all 3 of them, and yes they are arseholes.

It's all happening there eh! Heard on STV news t'other day of 'gang' fights in Elgin. Fecksakes! I take it kids today are now bored shitless with 24 hr TV and computer games then.

I personally blame the 'do gooders' of this world for, effectively, aboloshing discipline in schools and homes.

About feckin time these boys are absolute arseholes but I still don't think this do much they've all had curfews before and that did nothing and of them have have been in prison yet they still go out to kick peoples heads in :008:

I grew up in Elgin. To be honest, it's pretty much the same things that are going on now, that were going on back 7-10years ago. The difference is, that because of the hightened medai interest in Ned/ASBO stories over the last couple of years, its becoming a nationally reported story; instead of playground gossip like back then.