FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Morton : Matchday Thread

Scotty

Just arrived back in Glasgow. Ton fans on the train were in shock after that one. They had been playing so well up until today apparently and were hopeful of a result. I thought all our new signings were excellent. Doran was superb and Hogg solid with a good goal. Sanchez was fantastic when he came on but unfortunately with the hand injury he had to come off. He seemed to be pointing at his finger so i'd hope that it wasn't a broken wrist and he'll be back for next week. He certainly wasn't holding his wrist so from what I could see it looked more like a finger break / injury.

There looked like a hand ball in the build up to their goal and our defenders were all claiming - I'm going to say yes it was a hand ball..... cue the highlights on sport scene in a few minutes for confirmation! Rooneys miss was sheer comedy. Although I wouldn't say that if it was 0-0! All in all, was a classy performance and i'm and looking forward and now confident for the trip to Paisley next week.

Beautiful interlinking play and a great team performance, the best Ive seen from Foran yet, with good service to Foran and Rooney from all directions. Its a pity about that freak gust of wind that blew Rooney over with his hat trick looming, especially after such a good pass from proctor.

Eric played out on the right but was subbed, I'm assuming for not playing to the standard of the rest of the team,Sanchez injured his finger, it looked like the plan was to strap it but he never made it back on.

Dorans play was exceptionally good and I'm looking forward to seeing what can be achieved against St Mirren. Cant really comment on Macdonald just yet as he didnt really play for long enough and Hogg looks like a decent signing.

With Doran on the left and Hayes on the right

Foran and Rooney make most teams look sh1te.

What wing was Doran playing on? Against Aberdeen he was used on the right but looked left footed (Brewster tactics).

Played on the left, but like Hayes , hes comfortable on either wing. Hayes on right and doran on left looks the strongest combination though.

Really impressed by what I saw on the highlights. It was great to see so much creativity going forward. Odhiambo played a decent role in the build-up to one of the goals (first or second, can't remember which) but if he was ineffective otherwise, as people have been saying, and if Hayes is still injured, then how about Sanchez on one of the wings against St Mirren if he is fit? From the limited highlights he looked really busy and put in a beautiful ball from the left for one of the goals in the second half. Surely Duncan must keep his place too now?

Edited by alternative maryhill

I thought the players looked far happier playing 4-4-2 and it will be interesting to see if we are bold enough to stick with that formation for the St Mirren game,

I never saw the highlights but I was sure Lyle used his hand to control the ball for the Morton goal. Can anyone confirm?

I never saw the highlights but I was sure Lyle used his hand to control the ball for the Morton goal. Can anyone confirm?

I thought it was handball at the time, but after watching the highlights on the BBC website i'm not so sure now.

Delighted with that performance. Foran was back to his brilliant best, playing up front really suited him. Impressed by Doran, I thought he was left footed but he kept coming back onto his right; even taking corners with his right.

Looking forward to the quarter final cup draw now :ictscarf:

How about wearing our away strip for home games all the time after yesterday?

Must be a tactic from butcher to make them feel like their away! Certainly played like they were away!

I think our win will have certainly given us confidence to go on and win on Saturday!

The reason for the away kit, was Morton's regular colours of blue and white may clash with ICT's red and blue. Morton's away kit of red also clashes with red and blue. Red does not clash with white and blue. The same thing happened against Peterhead.

Couldn't see any handball but Hogg had his arms up complaining about something. He was also moaning away at the ref at full time.

A good [erformance all round and Doran looks like a real find. Not convinced about Hogg, still looks a bit of a plodder and for me, Tokely outshone him easily. Once again however, Dani Sanchez made a real difference when he came on and gives the team a different attacking option. Hope his injury is not too serious as he deserves a run of games and certainly should play ahead of Eric, who, sadly was very poor again.

Edited by Alex MacLeod
sorted it for you
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I see the good old BBC give ICT the usual bare essentials.Showed more of Rooney missing in the replays,rather than the good football played.Still they also made a meal of Dougie Imrie and his cockups

Gota remove that chip man.

I thought they actually gave us about 18 mins of coverage, including McCall time, and considering we got 18 seconds of preview time on STV the night before that shows we are being taken a wee bit more serious.