FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Aberdeen fans plan revolution!

CaleyJagsMad

Hi, don't know if this is the right forum but I thought I'd post this here because your forum is much much busier than mine! Not difficult lol... :biggrin:

An Aberdeen fan brought this to my attention and they're looking for 'non Old Firm' teams fans to band together and not go to games when their team plays the OF next season.

Plus they're going to set up a website for a "REAL" SPL where they calculate the league table not including the OF and award a trophy at the end of the season!

They're wanting to canvass other teams fans so like I say my messageboard is empty so I thought I'd bring it to your attention. Here's the link: http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=4&fid=27&sty=2&act=1&mid=2117740111

All the best

CaleyJagsMad :ictscarf:

• Disagree 1

I remember a while back a Scottish Sunday newspaper produced an SPL league and results based only on goals scored by British players (or it may have just been Scots, I'm unsure) but, ICT were top of the league on quite a few occasions.

As for not attending any of OF games it will never work and our club, that we 'support', would lose out financially which isn't an entirely brilliant idea.

Always found the ramblings of those who believe they are the third force in Scottish football very amusing.

At any given stage in time it can de deluded Dandies, arrogant Arabs, jealous Jambos or hysterical Hibees but the story is the same. The sad reality is (open to be being proven wrong!) that without the OF the available external revenue streams for Scottish football are almost non existant. A move such as suggested would result in our game becoming comparable with the League of Ireland or Wales, maybe, at a push, Finland.

It may be that some are prepared to accept this standard as a price to pay for sport without the OF. Not for me.

However vile the OF can be at times, there is still nothing better than doing them. Take that away, the pounds that a full away stand generate for our club or the money generated from TV deals only secured because people want to watch the OF and our game would be of significantly less interest to me.

For the record, without using the web, who are the champions of Wales, Ireland or Finland? I don't know and I doubt I ever will. Every now and then, in principle due to the OF (and not always because Rangers fans trash Manchester or because Sevillie loves Celtic fans) peolpe at least know what Scottish football is.

Edited by Sorted