FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Shane Sutherland

Renegade

I wasn't at the game today, but from what I gather ICT are still lacking that killer bite up front. I think Shane Sutherland could help in this instance, particularly if he was played from the start.

He deserves a chance!

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 1

This is a tricky one.

We clearly need a striker and quickly too, should Shane be given this task it would be a pressure situation on him which is not fair.

IMO we need someone else, as if he was given two or three games and did not come up with the goodies we're in trouble.

• Disagree 1

He is very direct, and has a rasping shot on him. Think he would benefit greatly from a run in the team, when he starts, and none of this 5-10 minutes at the end of games. He must be one of our most used subs since we joined the leagues, yet has had little playing time to show for it. His time will come, just like Rooneys did

I sing his praise all the time and always moaning how he doesnt get a chance, everyone else seems to get them apart from him, Shane is a striker and you could count the amount of games he has played upfront for caley on 2 hands, always on the bench or the wing

I think the only reason we're not seeing Shane get a start is because butcher knows we still have a bit of "bedding in" to do as a team and using guys like Foran, Hayes and Tade up front means has option on the park to drop a player back to bolster the midfield without the need for making substitutions.

Once we get a settled midfield who look a bit more comfortable playing together then I think Shane will get his chance and be a regular starter.

Whilst I've only seen one full game and th full 2nd half of the Dunfermline game this season, everytime Sutherland seems to come on, the team as a wholes seem to offer more up front whether Shane is directly invloved in the move or not.

His presence of being constantly in the forward position allows other members of the team to push up and thus exert pressure higher up the pitch which results in more opportunites. Both Foran and Tade seem to want to start deep and run. Good for hitting on the break perhaps but doesn't seem to be working in terms of sustained attacking pressure.

Foran is very good in the air however isn't going to win that many against 2 centre halves straight down the middle as he lacks the height. This is agains something Shane has (though I dont really know of his aerial ability or not). Forans best aerial attacks seem to come from him attacking from runs from the left hand side.

So whilst it would be a great amount of pressure to put on Shane and some might buckle under that I dont see what we have to lose. Give him the chance against Ayr. See how he does. He'll get the same pressure as Tade and there is no way of knowing how he'll deal with that. You never know, as a kid he could relish the opportunity and shine under pressure. We'll never find out if the boy will sink or swim if we dont let him get a little more than his feet wet.

So my answer would be, Why not?

• Agree 2

Whilst I've only seen one full game and th full 2nd half of the Dunfermline game

this season, everytime Sutherland seems to come on, the team as a wholes seem to

offer more up front whether Shane is directly invloved in the move or not.

Is that because Shane changes the game or is it because we're chasing it by that point?

Anybody seen the boro v brum score?

2 ex caley players on the score sheet

A certain Mr Robson and a Mr Rooney converting a penalty.

I would like to see Shane getting a run, he defo has plenty potential as a striker but we won't find out how much until he has a decent run of starts, nobody else doing the job as goalscoring forward so WHY NOT???

Whilst I've only seen one full game and th full 2nd half of the Dunfermline game

this season, everytime Sutherland seems to come on, the team as a wholes seem to

offer more up front whether Shane is directly invloved in the move or not.

Is that because Shane changes the game or is it because we're chasing it by that point?

It is becos - despite his inexpetience - that we have the one player who has feckin trained to be a more traditional centre forward - he may be raw and prone to mistakes - but he is frankly all that we have got at the moment.

• Agree 1

I feel quite sorry for him tbh, of all the times I have seen him play he's looked good and most of them has been from the right hand side which is not his natural position. If he can take the ball and run with it infield or down the wing and look composed I am in no doubt he can do it through the middle. He is a big lad as well with big upper body strength which would work in his favour up top, he also never looks down at being played on the right which is a sign of a good mentality within him.

Everyone is already putting pressure on MacKay hoping he's going to be the one that can get us the goals but lets be honest he is somewhat of an unknown prospect, do we actually know if he will be able to produce the goods? With Shane I think he could and what do we really have to lose at the moment by playing him? We aren't taking our chances as much as we need and he is at the moment the most natural scorer we have.

There just seems to be something that TB either doesn't like about him or isn't sure about, I hope he starts against Ayr up front and is able to bag a goal or two or at least put in a good performance.

• Agree 1

That could well be Tel boys dilemna - but the way I look at it we play 5 in midfield with Foran playing on the left side of a midfield three where he was most effective and playing Hayes and Doran consistently wide (and their replacements) - then again the problem with playing this system is that we have to look to playing the ball on the deck but that would lessen the responsibility for Shane - who still could be a fairly effective hold up player but he is also a penalty box player and more service from the wings may pay dividend plus the forward runs of Tansey and Foran - with Morrison in the defensive holding role.

Shane is raw and makes mistakes but he has far,far more potential than Tade in the centre forward role and Foran is quite simply a loss in the middle where he can influence the game and be more effective as a captain. Tade can then be used as super sub but he needs 20-30 minutes not a last gasp addition. And the only way that Shane can progress is being played and given a run in the team.

• Agree 2