FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Black - Poor man management?

clacher_holiday2

how often have we heard christie praise black for his battling qualities and accepting that picking up yellows and reds over the season is just part of the black package, even going as far as saying hes been victimised by refs who know him only by (in my opinion completley deserved) reputation?

shouldnt he have been consistent and continued to give him his support by putting him straight back into the heart of the midifled once available for selection again?  blacks exclusion seems like a punishment to me, as theres no denying hes our best midfielder and theres no tactical advantage in leaving him on the bench.

maybe he is trying to teach him a lesson, which would be ok by me had he not been so vocal in his support of his attitude on the park this season.

another case of christie still learning the management game or do you think he genuinely felt that duncan deserved his chance ahead of him?  maybe now we wont hear anymore post match praise for black, which would be a real shame.

either way christies coming out of this looking bad, either by being inconsistent in wanting the team to battle but wont select those who will or is now putting down a marker that its no longer acceptable to break the rules in order to get a result... which would be f##king moronic in such a tight league

Don't think we should be reading too much into the situation or conjuring up conspiracy theories.  It could just as easily be CC playing with different options in the midfield, for which we have an abundance of players all worthy of wearing the shirt and getting a starting place.

Theres aye someone thinks he or she knows better than everyone else. Charlie Christie knows who he's picking and why. We as watchers of the game see the players on the field for 90 mins a week and we profess to know them inside out. We dont see them in training, we are not privvy to what goes on behind closed doors so we dont have all the facts to make judgement.

Get behind the manager, trust his judgements and leave him to get on with his job. When he fails and we are facing relegation then spout of but until then give him a chance.

Charlie Christie knows who he's picking and why. We as watchers of the game see the players on the field for 90 mins a week and we profess to know them inside out. We dont see them in training, we are not privvy to what goes on behind closed doors so we dont have all the facts to make judgement. Get behind the manager, trust his judgements and leave him to get on with his job. When he fails and we are facing relegation then spout of but until then give him a chance.

:clapping04: :clapping04: :clapping04: :clapping04: :clapping04:

Has it not occurred to anyone yet that CC might be keeping Black on the bench to watch from the sidelines so when he does get his chance he does everything in his power to keep his position.  I think half the battle with younger players is to keep them keen so that they realise it is not just about having one good performance but being consistantly good throughout the season.  If Black can't accept that he is still learning at the moment and is no where near the finished article then he would be aswell playing for another club.  I think CC is spot on IMO and Black will get his chance remember he is only 21 so how can anyone possibly think of him as a missed oppertunity when he still has another 15 odd years of football in him

Potent psychology from CC in my professional opinion. But from a footballing point of view Black simply has to return against the Jam Tarts. It would have been even more potent if Rankin had taken the opportunity to prove that he can take on the playmaker in central midfield role - but he didnt. Now Rankin has no excuse either for being shoved out on the left. Again potent psychology if that was the original concept.  :001: :001:

Jhesus..I am with clacher holiday on this. What is with the Charlie Christie Protection Society. The lad is a feckin novice and is going to make mistakes. We have every right to comment on his mis judgements - of which there have been a few. This independent site would appear to be considerably more intolerant than the last one.

Playing Rankin in the middle for example. Hooking Dargo so often. And there are examples of excellent tactics - like the Killie game and the change of formation against Falkirk.

Matter of opinion - or is that not allowed??

This independent site would appear to be considerably more intolerant than the last one.

Matter of opinion - or is that not allowed??

OK - I'll bite - what the fecks the problem now ?? I am not aware of anyone deleting posts, moving posts or anything else so perhaps you might want to enlighten me. Getting pissed off with the derogatory remarks aimed in admin's direction when we arent actually doing anything to be slagged off about.

Correct EWS. Little feckin humour any more. I am getting pissed off. A lot of my posts are taken off the Main Board and shoved elsewhere whilst others, of similiar ilk, are left untouched. I had a post deleted from the Rosscoe thread. I am after all a sensitive individual underneath my rough exterior.

Discipline problems aside, I still think Blackie deserves to be in the team ahead of Rankin.  We need Blackie there to jump for high balls in midfield and play some decent passes.  He is less involved in the hot-headed stuff and plays his best when Russell Duncan is alongside him.

OK - I'll bite - what the fecks the problem now ?? I am not aware of anyone deleting posts, moving posts or anything else so perhaps you might want to enlighten me. Getting pissed off with the derogatory remarks aimed in admin's direction when we arent actually doing anything to be slagged off about.

:32: That is abuse of adminstrative power and bullying.

:rules03: It is one feckin rule for one and another feckin rule for another.

:rotflmao: The other admins are not reporting back to you. They are taking the ****!!

:crazy07: Yer feckin losing it. Go see a therapist.

:fishing:  :finger03: :moon03:

[move] :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015:[/move]

:rules03: It is one feckin rule for one and another feckin rule for another.

:rotflmao: The other admins are not reporting back to you. They are taking the piss!!

Instead of the two of us filling up this thread with off-topic moaning and whining (from us both), enlighten me via PM/Email ... gimme some examples of postings you have made that have been moved that you feel should not have been, or other people's posts that are similar to yours that havent been moved that you think should have been .... I can check the logs and see who moved it and enlighten them if I think they are wrong.

All users have the option to complain about any post using the report to moderator function - doesnt just have to be a dodgy post, let us know if its in the wrong place and if we agree we will move it (or move it back if it has already been moved in error). We dont get it right all the time, but I disagree with you that there are different rules applied for different posters by any of the admins/mods ... unless of course you can show me I am wrong.

clacher, do you not think maybe its because he got suspended. Would your boss be happy if you couldn't do your job for self inflicted reasons.

said it before but its that move that doesnt seem right to me, after so publicly backing the player for his fighting attitude on the park, surely he cant expect black to be aggressive and not get suspended

Guest 1MORESEASONBLACK

Charlie Christie knows who he's picking and why. We as watchers of the game see the players on the field for 90 mins a week and we profess to know them inside out. We dont see them in training, we are not privvy to what goes on behind closed doors so we dont have all the facts to make judgement. Get behind the manager, trust his judgements and leave him to get on with his job. When he fails and we are facing relegation then spout of but until then give him a chance.

:clapping04: :clapping04: :clapping04: :clapping04: :clapping04:

EVERY MANAGER LOVES AN ARSE LICKER, A TRIER,  AND A COMEDIAN , AND EVERY MANAGER HAS A PET.

Guest Sandy Cromarty

I'm with IHE and Clacher Chops on this one, Black needs to start today and Charlie has to swallow his pride and drop Rankin, enough is enough, the lad has been given plenty games to come through and has failed to deliver.

Alex I respect what you are saying with regards to the manager picking his team and I normally avoid posting my preferred team selection but lets not forget we are the PAYING customers and as in any other walk of life we have the right to complain, as I have said on another thread there is a clear 'circling the wagons' policy among posters on this site when it comes to Charlie which is all well and good but supporters have the right to criticise if the goods are faulty.

Scotty, we all know who IHE is referring to, the lad does a fine job and we are thankful for the effort but he is a wee bit 'trigger happy' with moving posts.

For a wee bit of fun recently I was using the word ONAN IST then it got asterisked out?, a wee bit anal retentive I thought and where was the harm as it was no worse than FECK whichwe all use with abandon on here and rightly so? lets all relax and give a wee bit slack to each other, don't over police, the site is improving with much more posts of a controversial manner and I'm enjoying it all the more so let it flow.

As fer the Chimp Chibber!!!!!!!!!!! sorry I meant Chump, any more keech from him at me and I will ask Capitano IHE to unload a full broadside from HMS Sneck towards his canoe.

And come back Sweet Mee.