FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Celtic : Matchday Thread

Scotty

What sums it up for me, is that if you hadn't seen the game or heard the score and you turned on the radio to hear "Inverness's match against Celtic was decided by a controversial decision", you'd bet your house it would have gone Celtic's way wouldn't you?!

• Agree 1

wasnt impressed with the school kids section being filled with Celtic fans :irritated:

Do you have any evidence? Did you complain to stewards?

I had more of a problem with the home end not being filled up with more Caley fans.

Bit of extra cash for the club letting the Invernesian green and whites pay to get a ring side seat of how win by cheating.They are supporting a team with no Honor and deserve no respect.

What was the story behind the man and boy being chucked out of the North stand, I take it his dad was being a knob, the boy must have been mortified as I saw him covering his face.

wasnt impressed with the school kids section being filled with Celtic fans :irritated:

Do you have any evidence? Did you complain to stewards?

I had more of a problem with the home end not being filled up with more Caley fans.

Bit of extra cash for the club letting the Invernesian green and whites pay to get a ring side seat of how win by cheating.They are supporting a team with no Honor and deserve no respect.

What was the story behind the man and boy being chucked out of the North stand, I take it his dad was being a knob, the boy must have been mortified as I saw him covering his face.

Felt sorry for the young kid he was in floods of tears with our fans shouting and showing a fair bit of hatred to them for being in the home end - the kid was only about ten and while I totally agree they shouldn't have been in there our own reaction was a bit extreme as they didn't appear to be causing any bother. SPL rules and all that I'm sure but FFS we had 1300 empty seats approx, I've sat with away fans in years gone by and only ever been treated with good banter and certainly never with the vitriol and hatred that was shown to this father son combo.

• Agree 1

I'm not in the habit of having a go at referees but it seems that some refs are running scared of upsetting Neil Lennon after his tantrums last season. Today's game was a prime example. I was proud of our team and the way they played today though. There wasn't a weak link in the side and we were the better team until the ref's intervention with the red card. A bit disappointed with the size of the home support today. The way the team are playing just now they deserve a lot more supporters at home games. Its just a pity that so many of the noisy glory hunters in the away end were from places like Dalneigh, Hilton, Dingwall, Wick, Fort William etc. Didn't know there was so much famine and oppression going on in these places (banners, songs etc.)?!?!

I was at the game and it will be reflected in my report how angry i feel. I missed the rangers game earlier in the season but from the radio reports i heard up until tokely being sent off for a perfect tackle rangers didnt look like they were making to much of an impression on our goal and that we without creating loads of chances still had enough to trouble them until of course the ref got involved. Today must have been an action replay because up until the sending off celtic did very little to worry our defence, infact the best chance of the game fell to us with Hayes brilliant low shot being turned behind. But i was seething at that scandolous decision and i had a horrible feeling something like that would happen. Earlier i think davis made a great tackle on one of the celtic midfielders who was bursting forward. But instead of us collecting the ball and getting forward into some space O Reilly called it back for a free kick even though davis clearly got the ball. And i agree with everything tht the sportsound team had to say when they commented that O Reilly couldnt wait to get the red out. Samaras is a cheat and a disgrace to the game there is diving to cause an advantage like win a pen or free kick but then there is diving and feigning injury to get another professional sent off. If i was samaras i would take a hard long look at myself but i bet he and his other band of diving pricks really give a toss. With Celtic the ends really do justify the means. Tansey was clearly distraught and yet again the old firm who aint as good as years gone by are just given a wee helping hand here and there just to make sure that their supremacy is untouched. I dont think any of the refs are biased i just think they are plain **** and are helping to destroy scottish football with their incompetance and quality as a whole. But there was a positive and that was that the team put in another solid performance. Davis was exceptional when we had 11 as well the back four being mighty. And as i said in the preview that this game isnt really a game that will determine our fate while it was more important for them, if we had a 11 the longer we made celtic to look enept the more desperate they would become and the greater confidence we would have to believe we could win it but no it was ruined. I also did think it was strange giving celtic the west side which was right next us. They were very awful i sit in the family stand near the west enclosure and sit with alot of families with young children who were having to put up with fans making hand gestures especially when they scored and at the red card totally uncalled for and now explains why all celtic fans grew up to be cretinous ********

• Agree 2

Guest Mahonio

I really enjoyed the day, apart from the result obviously, but i am slightly disappointed with myself now because i had the chance of being on tv but refused, DOH. One of the ESPN cameramen seen me getting my ticket out of my pocket near the clubshop or front enterance area and asked me if he could get my ticket for a close up shot of it and then he wanted me to hold up the ticket to camera and at that point i refused, much to the disappointment of the 2 guys i went down with, anyone see this lol, totally embarrassed as there was a big crowd who turned round once the 2 guys i went down with started trying to coax me into it.

This is the 1st time i have gone away from a match feeling optimistic about our survival chances and that was mainly down to how we played up until the controversial sending off.

Edited by Mahonio

At the risk of sounding as paranoid as most of the celtic support, i felt a big decision was going to go against us yesterday.

The other ugly sister could have gone 15 pts clear yesterday and that couldnt be allowed to happen. Who's going to take sky or espn when league is over in november?

Why didn't the stewards put them our the other gate instead of parading them right along the north stand? Felt sorry for the young boy who looked really distressed. Dont know if anything happened for them to be chucked out though.

also the stewards were ready to chuck out the wrong guy- which was worrying!!!

also someone enlighten me - why were the celtic fans singing `DIEGO MARADONA` is it stokes nickname? what a joke

Why didn't the stewards put them our the other gate instead of parading them right along the north stand? Felt sorry for the young boy who looked really distressed. Dont know if anything happened for them to be chucked out though.

also someone enlighten me - why were the celtic fans singing `DIEGO MARADONA` is it stokes nickname? what a joke

Think they were singing DIEGO MARADONA to wind up Terry Butcher. He hates the guy after the "hand of god" incident. He also hates Argentina and feels so angry whenever he sees the top as he sees them as divers and cheats.

Think they were singing DIEGO MARADONA to wind up Terry Butcher. He hates the guy after the "hand of god" incident. He also hates Argentina and feels so angry whenever he sees the top as he sees them as divers and cheats.

pennies dropped !! sunday morning !!

:clapping:

I was at the game and it will be reflected in my report how angry i feel. I missed the rangers game earlier in the season but from the radio reports i heard up until tokely being sent off for a perfect tackle rangers didnt look like they were making to much of an impression on our goal and that we without creating loads of chances still had enough to trouble them until of course the ref got involved. Today must have been an action replay because up until the sending off celtic did very little to worry our defence, infact the best chance of the game fell to us with Hayes brilliant low shot being turned behind. But i was seething at that scandolous decision and i had a horrible feeling something like that would happen. Earlier i think davis made a great tackle on one of the celtic midfielders who was bursting forward. But instead of us collecting the ball and getting forward into some space O Reilly called it back for a free kick even though davis clearly got the ball. And i agree with everything tht the sportsound team had to say when they commented that O Reilly couldnt wait to get the red out. Samaras is a cheat and a disgrace to the game there is diving to cause an advantage like win a pen or free kick but then there is diving and feigning injury to get another professional sent off. If i was samaras i would take a hard long look at myself but i bet he and his other band of diving pricks really give a toss. With Celtic the ends really do justify the means. Tansey was clearly distraught and yet again the old firm who aint as good as years gone by are just given a wee helping hand here and there just to make sure that their supremacy is untouched. I dont think any of the refs are biased i just think they are plain **** and are helping to destroy scottish football with their incompetance and quality as a whole. But there was a positive and that was that the team put in another solid performance. Davis was exceptional when we had 11 as well the back four being mighty. And as i said in the preview that this game isnt really a game that will determine our fate while it was more important for them, if we had a 11 the longer we made celtic to look enept the more desperate they would become and the greater confidence we would have to believe we could win it but no it was ruined. I also did think it was strange giving celtic the west side which was right next us. They were very awful i sit in the family stand near the west enclosure and sit with alot of families with young children who were having to put up with fans making hand gestures especially when they scored and at the red card totally uncalled for and now explains why all celtic fans grew up to be cretinous ********

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Well said i entirely agree ! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I thought we played really well yesterday. As for Celtic, they were "street smart" in that they stole a few yards with every throw and free kick but they were also dirty cheats in the way they:

1) Dived at every opportunity

2) Faked injury to get our players booked/sent off

3) Crowded the referee to try to get our players booked whenever they could

4) Niggled and pushed whenever they could get away with it

Sadly the muppets that were masquerading as officials fell for it every single time. Absolutely appalling officiating.

Still, the Celtic players proved one thing: "They are all Neil Lennon!"

• Agree 1

Just watched the highlights, and didn't notice watching live but in the build up to "the" incident, Josh Meekings is dragged by the arm to the ground by Stokes, Rosscoe and Chris Hogg look for it to be given but no.

Interesting to note the commentator saying that the ref couldn't get the card out quickly enough, it was in the top pocket ready, but it was in with his notebook the rest of the game. :ponder:

What annoys me, is not just that the referee got a couple of decisions wrong, it's that he's proven himself to be nothing but a coward. The fact he cowardly refused to meet with Butcher at the game just proves that.

• Agree 1

Seeing those pics has me really confused...............is that cardboard cutouts in the terracing?

I was thinking the same thing myself. Isnt the use of terracing banned in the SPL?

it was surprising to have the away fans over that section which has got 80 or 100 or so seats in place although as you could see most were standing.

Was it pre arranged i wonder or a last minute decision - they couldnt oversell allocation of .tickets so surely mustve known.

Cant say its a safe & sound idea- who can explain ?

Seeing those pics has me really confused...............is that cardboard cutouts in the terracing?

I was thinking the same thing myself. Isnt the use of terracing banned in the SPL?

it was surprising to have the away fans over that section which has got 80 or 100 or so seats in place although as you could see most were standing.

Then later on in the afternoon Motherwell fans were thrown out of Pittodrie by police... for standing!

As if giving the Tattie Munchers part of the main stand and then the West stand isn't insulting enough they still feel it necessary to buy tickets for the North stand. So no sympathy for anyone who does that being chucked out. Of course we can't fill our seats with home fans because a lot of folk are so disillusioned with the way most games against the OF are decided these days that they can't be bothered going. Mr O'Reilly, you are also an absolute disgrace.