FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Former ICT XI: Who you WOULD have back

Joonya

As per the 'Wouldn't' thread, but only players you would perhaps like to see back in ICT colours.

To avoid getting into another 'all time team' debate, we'll base this thread on players currently still playing.

Grant Munro would probably be on everyone's list (and please lets try and avoid more debate on him leaving in the first place; and how) But what about Bobby Mann, Mark Brown, Dennis Wyness. Or perhaps Don Cowie, Barry Robson or John Rankin make the list...

Are you referring to players in their current age and level of performance, or hypothetically getting them back from when they were at their best?

If we were actually going to bring back an ex-player, Barry Robson and Don Cowie would be the only ones I'd be excited about. But I'm not getting my hopes up.

Presumably Cowie will soon be the first ex-ICT player to play at Wembley?

I could name the best XI ICT players that no longer play for us but not really a line up of players who i'd like back. I'll give it a go though but some players are pushing it.

Brown in goals to come back

Munro in defence

Cowie, Rankin, Davis and Robson in midfield

Darren Mackie in attack

Edited by ICTPAISLEY

Rooney, Cowie, Robson and Rankin would certainly all be welcomed back, along with Ian Black. Without Hogg, Munro too. With Esson and Tuffey, there's no need for Brown but he's a good keeper nevertheless. I'd also say Rory. Worth a punt these days, I reckon. Not too sure how Liam Fox is getting on these days. Isn't he captain at Livi?

assuming you mean at their current levels and ages rather than in their heyday .....

GK: None - Esson/Tuffey will do for me.

Def: Munro

Mid: Robson, Rankin, Black, Cowie ... on the fence about Duncan.

Fwd: Rooney

I could name the best XI ICT players that no longer play for us but not really a line up of players who i'd like back. I'll give it a go though but some players are pushing it.

Brown in goals to come back

Munro in defence

Cowie, Rankin, Davis and Robson in midfield

Darren Mackie in attack

Darren Mackie :lol:

Over Rooney, Niculae. I'd even take Rory McAllister back over Mackie

Got to admit i completely forgot about Rooney and Ian Black. Rory i wouldn't take back, he scores goals for one of the worst teams in Scotland. Even when he was with Brechin they were mid table in the 2nd division. Niculae i had a think about but because of the baggage that now surrounds him that isn't a possibility.

While Mackie was very goal shy in the 6 or so games he played for us i think in form he was a good player. He's been released from Aberdeen so on a freebie i'd have taken him.

Sanchez is another worth considering but we have done well for midfield players over the years. Having said that, I think it is a measure of the quality of the current side that there are really very few ex players who would actually be in the starting XI if they returned. Munro and Cowie for sure but Robson has gone off the boil a bit so would you drop Hayes to bring him in? And would you play Tade or Rooney or both?

It's a good topic and gives me a good feeling about the current squad.

I was actually meaning a full team of former ICT players who are currently still playing, rather than players you'd have back to replace what we already have...

For me

GK: Brown

Def: Munro, Mann, McBain, Hastings

Mid: Davis, Black, Cowie, Rankin

For: Wyness, Rooney

All players are still currently playing, and if they were now on the form they were when playing for us, I think that'd be a strong side!

If Darren Mackie were to come back we might have a chance of getting a penalty, dirty cheating diver, however he aint good enough for our team. Only other not mentioned frequently I would hae back would be Duncan, as we seemed to lose less goals with him playing mostly

I was actually meaning a full team of former ICT players who are currently still playing, rather than players you'd have back to replace what we already have...

For me

GK: Brown

Def: Munro, Mann, McBain, Hastings

Mid: Davis, Black, Cowie, Rankin

For: Wyness, Rooney

All players are still currently playing, and if they were now on the form they were when playing for us, I think that'd be a strong side!

Ok then for a legendary XI not playing for ICT i'd have...

Brown

McCaffrey Dods Mann Hastings

Rankin Cowie Black Robson

Rooney Wyness