FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

COVENTRY CITY FAN IN PEACE

CCFCGUEST

Johndo....you really don't really want a Coventry burd do you?? I'm sure he (or she!!) comes in peace, these Coventry lot arn't that bad you know :wink:

The Rajha is probably the best Indian in the city. Don't be tempted by the one that overlooks the river though :wink:

Edited by Gringo

I can't recommend the Innes Bar highly enough for both pre and post-match pints. It's a fantastic boozer - one of my favourites in Scotland. If you want a steak try McGonagall's: http://www.mcgonagalls-steakhouse.co.uk/ The Rajah, as folk have said above, is also good: http://www.rajahindianrestaurant.com/ You'll need to phone and book in advance with either of them though.

Pre-match go to ICT social club for cheap burger and booze.

Given ICT's current pursuit of alternative sources of income, :wink: this is definitely a very good shout. In fact if these boys, as they suggest, are intending getting hammered, the Social Club after the game is probably as good a place as any to do that as well. And they'll get a very pleasant surprise, since compared with prices up town, buying drink will feel like BOGOF!!

The classic symbiotic relationship - the Coventry fans get a cheap drink and ICT gets their custom.

Personally I would recommend the Nip Inn on Grant Street (just ask behind the bar if somebody can pop across to the Spicy Spot for a mean curry) and the Keg on Baron Taylors Street - but may I suggest that you wear England tops in to those establishments.

If you do decide on the Innes Bar may I suggest that you follow the "code" to ensure that you are not ostracised. Just say "can I have a double voddie and coke on the slate for Johndo please".

And just watch that you do not get in to trouble as you may get sent to Coventry.

And ye need tae gae intae the Market Bar and ask fir an haff and a haff. Must do for all tourists, and no its not a trick, just our way for ordering a beer and chaser.

Get a haggis curry for home also from the Caledonian curry company, available in some good shops, and online.

Is Coventry near that Black country place we hear on the final scores, Coventry nil? :fishing:

I would like to wish you and your bro a warm welcome to Inverness

I'd steer well clear of the Caley club unless you want to be bored to death by the inhabitants

I'd go the Innes pre-match as you'll get a warm welcome there as there will be plenty of fans in there going to the match

Afterwards MacCallums is a must great karaoke and friendly clientele as does the tarry isle, I'd also recommend the Rajah restaurant for a curry and at the end of the night when you don't know your erse from your elbow a special doner kebab from maxs takeaway

Are there many Coventry coming up?

Dougal

And ye need tae gae intae the Market Bar and ask fir an haff and a haff. Must do for all tourists, and no its not a trick, just our way for ordering a beer and chaser.

Get a haggis curry for home also from the Caledonian curry company, available in some good shops, and online.

Is Coventry near that Black country place we hear on the final scores, Coventry nil? :fishing:

I'm sure if you click on Gringo's picture, you'll see his location status...

If you are having a drink ot two you might need to use the toilets in the pubs. This can cause confusion and embarrassment if you don't know the local customs. You'll find the gents is often marked "Laddies" (although spelling can vary). If there is no writing on the door it is usually marked with a symbol of a man wearing the kilt. Enjoy your visit. :drinking06:

• Agree 1