FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Arsenal Trialist - Philip Roberts

fraser

A youth set up that has developed players such as Cesc Fabregas, Jack Wilshere, and Ashley Cole? I can think of much worse teams to do a partnership with.

A youth set up that has developed players such as Cesc Fabregas, Jack Wilshere, and Ashley Cole? I can think of much worse teams to do a partnership with.

Yes it's quite an exciting prospect. But we do have some prior experience of Arsenal youths.

For every Jack Wilshere there's a Dean MacDonald (now at Carshalton Athletic), and for every Ashley Cole there's a Kerrea Gilbert (now at Shamrock Rovers).

Regardless of the duds the Arsenal academy is one of the best in the world and if we are getting to sample some of the potential talent that comes from it im all for that. Could add some much needed quality to the team. It's always a hit and miss signing young players, i'm aware of that but i do see it as a positive thing for any future transfer buisness we do.

Edited by ajsict92

We must have the most pessimistic fans in football. Give the lad and the partnership a chance before writing them both off.

Exactly. For every Darren Mackie there is a David Davis

For any player to have interested Arsene Wenger or his scouts enough to sign for them then there must be more than a splash of potential. If we can help these youngsters realise that potential whilst supplementing our squad then i'm all for it

• Agree 1

I am glad the club have set this up and its nice to see us adding another attacking option, especially considering our players look like they are passing a bomb about when they are shooting. I will say however that this move doesnt do much for the long term plan of the club which I feel we need to be looking at. Particularly in building a squad.

This sounds really good to me. Although one the one hand I am disappointed that Sutherland is not playing up front and I wonder what is happening with Oswell (not even on the bench tonight - I think) Roberts looks as though he could be pretty useful. I also am excited by the idea of an arrangement where up and coming youngsters get the chance to show what they can do here. If they are on Arsenal's books they should show some real promise and whilst most won't make it through to the big time, some will. I know there will be some here who only want players on long term contracts and who will say these lads will not be playing for the shirt, but I think it will be good to see a range of promising players in the side from time to time. And whilst they may not be playing for the ICT shirt, they will be playing for a career with one of the best clubs in World football, so they'll be trying alright.

• Agree 1

A welcome addition as is the link with the mighty Gunners but we need more than one striker from them. We also need a decent winger to replace Hayes and two more defenders because we have next to no back up.

Think this will be a very good move. Gunners will be sending players to get first team football, to ready them for the step up, and all should be keen to show they should be in Arsenals plans. Bring on the Wenger boys! ( never ever thought I would say that!!!! )

Very positive development. Obviously Terry is working hard behind the scenes to move things along.

Any connection with a team of the calibre and reputation of Arsenal is a very positive and forward-looking move.

Let's wish him the best of success, reagrdless of his spelling --ahem, show me a youngster nowadays who CAN spell and I will be surprised.

I'm pretty chuffed that we've set up a link with what is arguably the best youth set up in modern day English top flight football. Hopefully we can utilise it properly and get the most out of it we can. Also Arsenal kids are bred on passing football from the cradle so hopefully those guys will be able to appease the more vocal anti hoof brigade (I'm also anti-long ball, but if we win I couldn't care less how we do it.)

• Agree 1