You're not Rangers

You're not Rangers anymore

You're not Rangers anymore

We're all going to Hampden

You're all going to Elgin

Nah nah nah nah nah

Nah nah nah nah nah

• Agree 2

Supposedly, Dundee United v Hearts is on tv so unless they show Wed game on tv as well, we won't be on tv :(.

I feel that if we play a strong team and perform to out capabilities, we have a chance of getting to Hampden for the 1st time :).

BRING IT ON :ictscarf:!!

3rd time........we've been there twice before.

Guest Mahonio

What other 2 times did we get there?

I notice that Dundee United v Hearts is on the Wednesday and surely either Celtic v St Johnstone or Rangers v ICT because you can't have both old firm teams playing on same night especially as both are at home.

Edited by Mahonio

We got to the quarter finals in 2002, where we lost 5-1 to Ayr Utd. Tokely put us 1-0 up and then got sent off and Steve Paterson made him go and sit on the bus for the whole game, so the story goes :lol:

We reached this stage again in 2005, when we took on an abject Livingston team who somehow managed to beat us 2-1 after extra time. Craig Dargo scored in the first minute but we were pegged back and taken to extra-time when Paul Dalglish scored. Livi manager at the time was Paul Lambert. It was a total sickener, Livingston really were rubbish back then and were relegated that season with one of the lowest points totals in SPL history. They played Dunfermline in the semis, who we beat three times in the league that season.

Supposedly, Dundee United v Hearts is on tv so unless they show Wed game on tv as well, we won't be on tv :(.

I feel that if we play a strong team and perform to out capabilities, we have a chance of getting to Hampden for the 1st time :).

BRING IT ON :ictscarf:!!

We have been to 2 semis at Hampden. I am glad you keep up.

Will we be favourites as the SPL team? Thinking back to the start of our brief history, it actually seems quite extraordinary that we could be going to play at Ibrox against Rangers and be considered favourites! It is a reflection of how the respective Boards have managed the two clubs and how far we have come in that time. Win or lose, it is something we should be proud of but it is a match which we should have every chance of winning.

• Agree 1

Will we be favourites as the SPL team? Thinking back to the start of our brief history, it actually seems quite extraordinary that we could be going to play at Ibrox against Rangers and be considered favourites! It is a reflection of how the respective Boards have managed the two clubs and how far we have come in that time. Win or lose, it is something we should be proud of but it is a match which we should have every chance of winning.

Rangers were favourites when they played Motherwell at home and they were top of the spl at the time. We won't be favourties but that matters not!!

Guest Mahonio

Govan Jaggie, there's no need for that insult :/!!

I am not expected to know everything about our history so back off and that's me putting it nicely!

Some people like to have a pop when all that was needed was a wee reminder :/.

I am not expected to know everything about our history so back off and that's me putting it nicely!

Eh? Really? Feel free to pm with the less nice. It was banter. Thank you and goodnight.

Guest Mahonio

I didn't mean that I was going to put something nasty on, I learnt my lesson last time.

Oh sorry, didn't realise it was banter, please forgive me haha.

A big payday for ICT. that's the main thing.

Geez , it might even cover the huge cost of all the injury operations given to the players free of charge in the last year or so.

The club really need a financial lift and this is just the ticket.

If the defence stands firm, THEN WE COULD VERY EASILY WIN .

Mind you I am hoping desperately for a win against rangers .So let's just wait and see.

I am so looking forward to this one either as a paying fan or as media. Hope it's media, 'cause I really want to reaquaint myself with the knuckledragger in the club deck who nearly exploded in a welter of bulging eyes and spit when I (too loudly) compared Gregory Tade (!!) with Cruyff. I honestly thought he was going to have a stroke, especially when I made eye contact. Should be able to push him over the edge this time.......

• Agree 2

Insult?!

You should hear the sh*t he calls me!

Sheesh! :amazed:

The 2 times we've been at Hampden previously were in the Scottish cup not the league cup.

Let's also remember that if we do get to the next round we will meet another SPL side, so a big ask to get to the final.

And... even if we do get to the final we WILL NOT play at Hampden as no football will be played there after November.

(although many say no football has been played there for a long time, etc, etc. yadda, yadda!)

Edited by KingBeastie

Guest Mahonio

Ok, I had a wee moan at something which was said as banter now can we please just leave it at that and move on!

I did say to the said person that I misunderstood his comment so hopefully he realised I didn't mean it, in fact I used wrong word, maybe pop should have been used unstead of insult.

Now, please stick to the topic :ictscarf:.

Insult?!

You should hear the sh*t he calls me!

Sheesh! :amazed:

The 2 times we've been at Hampden previously were in the Scottish cup not the league cup.

Let's also remember that if we do get to the next round we will meet another SPL side, so a big ask to get to the final.

And... even if we do get to the final we WILL NOT play at Hampden as no football will be played there after November.

(although many say no football has been played there for a long time, etc, etc. yadda, yadda!)

May I suggest you go back and re-read the article about the Hampden closure. Check the month but especially check the year.

They're a third division diddy team. The semi-final is ours. Trust me. This is our glory season. the season we will all talk about in years to come as the one that filled the silver cabinet. the chit thing is I'll be offshore West Africa when we play them.

Edited by Alex MacLeod