FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT player of the season so far?

CaleyThistle

Depends on what criteria you use, and it will be different for each of us....

There's decent argument to be made for many of the players and I'd be hard pushed to pick from Mckay, Warren & Meekings

Doran isn't even in my top 5.

I thought he was fairly quiet (compared to others) for the first half of the season but has really picked up in the last couple of months.

His lack of goals still puzzles me though, just one all season from 36 games.

For me, it's foran, his determination, will to win, and the pride he shows wearing the armband is different class, he's different been different class, and his chipped in with a fair amount of goals. Closely followed by billy McKay and Andy shinnie. Warren and meetings have been different class, but it almost seems wrong to give them more praise than our attackers given that we are an attacking team and that's been where most of our success has came from this season.

So in order:

1.foran

2.mckay

3.a.shinnie

4.warren

5.meekings

Doran would be in there if he could become more consistent, in my opinion he's our most talented player.

Edited by lukemackay

Billy McKay for me. Last season was quite a task to watch Billy McKay and all them missed chances. This season it's been like a new signing and his goals have gone along way for us!

What an impossible task picking the best player, theres loads of quality in the team this season,  do you pick one of the leagues top goal scorers, a player until recently had the most assists in the league and scores a couple against Italy, captain Foran, any of the highly rated midfield or defense,  a player getting a Scotland call up whilst playing for us for the first time, or perhaps the up and coming local talent,  picking only one player from a team that comes back from being 3 goals down against United, beats Rangers and Celtic on their home turf,  have won every home game against the shadows or many other numerous games to choose from.

Maybe the final furlong will produce a clear winner.

• Agree 1

Doran! , you must be joking, yes he is good but i find him too inconsistent. Ryan Esson had a really good start to the season and unfortuantly missed some of it. I reckon he could be in with a shout.

Not like him at all but i think Esson hasn't had the best of seasons.  Usually he outshines the entire back 4 but not this year.

Previoulsy on a similar post a few months back I posted Shinniesta, McKay, Foran in that order, but having seen Shinnie dip in form and the number of goals starting to slow down, it highlights to me while maybe not player of the season, but Foran is most important player of the season - the team just plays and operates much better with him present.

• Agree 1