FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The "Who Should We Sign" Thread

Renegade

What are we in need of other than a replacement for Toni Reguero?

Probably another 15 players!!!

Don't want to sound negative but we only have 11 signed players at this time for next season.  We've used 30 this season...a team for the SPL needs 18 just to fill the bench and likely 26 for a squad.

If we qualify for Europe, then next season starts on 18th July...with maybe a 3 week pre-season, which would have to begin at the end of June...i.e..NEXT MONTH!!!

We have used 30? I didnt think we even had that number available in the squad?

Of the 11 listed as signed that doesnt include any youth players - realistically a club our size should have about 16-18 players then the youth team IMO.

I guess (hope) the background work has been going on for a while and judging from last season you can sign a lot of guys pretty quickly when you have everything set up. If we can get some players near the calibre of Warren, Meekings, Draper, Mackay to fill the gaps we might have, we should be pretty competitive next season. 

We have used 30? I didnt think we even had that number available in the squad?

Of the 11 listed as signed that doesnt include any youth players - realistically a club our size should have about 16-18 players then the youth team IMO.

I was wrong to quote 30! Sorry! I was mistaken! We've played 25 guys  (the likes of Oswell, Blackman make up the numbers) with 5 different others on the bench who weren't used! (Mathieson, Christie, Whyte, Hogg, Laing).

But why let the facts get in the way of a good story!

Guest Mahonio

I see Scott Arfield has been released by Huddersfield and Brian Jensen by Burnley.

Scott Arfield would be a good signing as would Jensen, as he's an experienced gk but not sure how likely it would be though.

We better sign good talent as Ross County have FC Hjorring Moldovan defender Petru Racu, Croatian striker Dino Kresinger, and an unamed dutch striker on trial, I am told reliably by a County mate of mine

We better sign good talent as Ross County have FC Hjorring Moldovan defender Petru Racu, Croatian striker Dino Kresinger, and an unamed dutch striker on trial, I am told reliably by a County mate of mine

I also heard they have Iron Man, The Hulk, Captain America and Thor on trial too....cacking my pants as i type  :rolleyes:  :hiding02:

• Agree 1

Cant actually find anything online about the Croatian other than hes played in Australia, County continuing there homegrown policy

Given that we recently started a match with only one Scot on the pitch I don't think we should start throwing stones from that particular glass house.

I see that Simon Ferry has been released by Swindon. A  competent midfielder who might be a replacement for Andy Shinnie.

• Agree 1

Cant actually find anything online about the Croatian other than hes played in Australia, County continuing there homegrown policy

Given that we recently started a match with only one Scot on the pitch I don't think we should start throwing stones from that particular glass house.

I see that Simon Ferry has been released by Swindon. A  competent midfielder who might be a replacement for Andy Shinnie.

Yes agreed but we havent been bragging about having different morals or local guys for a local team have we? 

• Agree 1

Yes, but we are not the Chairman and Manager who went on Radio Scotland to talk of their different morals (to ICT) in using local players :ponder:

• Agree 1

Heard that Ferry was on around £2-£2.5k at Swindon so possibly out-with our price range unless he was willing to take a price drop

I read that Scott Arfield was released and while I would love to see him up here, there appears to be a few clubs after him. One being Coventry who would not only be able to offer more money but would link him up with his old boss Steven Pressley

Sticking to local talent then I see.

• Agree 1

I see Scott Arfield has been released by Huddersfield and Brian Jensen by Burnley.

Scott Arfield would be a good signing as would Jensen, as he's an experienced gk but not sure how likely it would be though.

Arfield would be a good signing I think.  Jensen was good in his day but might be a bit past it by now.

I see Grainger's been released by Hearts.  Experienced and good at set-pieces IIRC.  Don't know if he'd want to come/would be affordable though.