FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The "Who Should We Sign" Thread

Renegade

Guest Mahonio

Seems like progress being made on new players.

There's an article in todays Courier but I'm on my phone so can't post a link to the article I'm referring to.

All are defenders, most of which we dont neeed. All are probably out of our wage range anyway.

Novikovas isn't but that said he also isn't that good to play ahead of Doran or other wide players. He might be useful back up but I can't say I'd be overly excited if we made a move for him.

Theres a young keeper at Alloa (can't mind his name) thats been getting a lot of praise this season.  Hartley was quoted a few weeks ago saying he could easily play at a higher level and it'd be a struggle to hang on to him.  Maybe worth a punt?

More chance of Fern Britton signing than Richard

Guest Mahonio

If he's under contract and Hibs are paying a fee for him then its out of the question that we should but him, Oor Tel only goes for out of contract players.

As I don't really follow English Leagues 1 and 2 and the Blue Square Premier, i can't say who's out of contract that would be worth signing.

Could see AFC Wimbledon losing players though, that lad Midson may be worth signing IF Wimbledon release the Striker.

Michael Tidser of Morton has done well in the 1st division this year. He also plays in the 'behind the striker' role like shinnie. Don't know if he is contracted. however if the rumours of Morton going part time next year are true, we might be able to afford him!

Michael Tidser of Morton has done well in the 1st division this year. He also plays in the 'behind the striker' role like shinnie. Don't know if he is contracted. however if the rumours of Morton going part time next year are true, we might be able to afford him!

Yeah, he's very highly rated. He's contracted at Morton for next season though so would require a decent fee as he's only 23.

Guest Mahonio

I see Warren Feeney and Marvin Morgan have been released by their respective clubs.

Edited by Mahonio

Guest Mahonio

What are we in need of other than a replacement for Toni Reguero?

I would think that this Williams boy may be the replacement for Shinnie.

We probably need another Striker or 2 with Phil Roberts and possibly Shane Sutherland off but urged than that I can't think of any other position needing filled, Defence needs no additions at all and midfield at the moment is fine but its another story, if Jones and Doran leave which is highly unlikely in my opinion.

Midfield is fine? I'm away to get my head seen to as I've clearly been watching another team these past few weeks.... decent service to the front has almost completely dried up. That's not the defences job, it's midfield's. Billy has been left chasing aimless clearances rather than the good through balls he was getting. We've given too much space to opposing midfielders to get the ball down and play, putting all the pressure on our defence. Is it the players form or the managers tactics - debate? Anyway IMO that's where our problem was in the cup semi and our biggest problem in the games we've been poor in since.