Butcher's best and worst signings.

davieB

Robert Eagle had a great cross, but little else.  Passing was poor, had no right foot at all and was as slow as a week in jail.  Andre Blackman had some potential, but was obviously a bit of a ned.  Brislen-Hall was also a decent player who was very quick and very hard working, just never got a chance.

Charlie Taylor was a good signing and had a great game in the 2-1 home win against County.  To put him on the worst list is utterly nonsense.

Surely Andre Martins has to be one of the worst.  Signed with a weird history of playing for loads of clubs all over the world, but playing very few games and seems to have since been exposed as a con man.  I'm one of the few ICT fans who actually saw him play live and he was quite simply rubbish!

Edited by Renegade

I didn't say Taylor. I said Oswell. I just noted the loan signings who were all effectively cover and didn't really do to much as contenders. I mean it's probably Harsh to nominate King but he never played so he wasn't a good signing. I see a good signing as someone who makes a significant impact. I don't see 1 game as the impact required to be good. Not bad, but not great.

And yes Robert Eagle. I realise Chris Eagle is a touch better. My bad.

Going to do it season by season. The 1st one is a little awry as only 3 signed in January. None wear that bad either. So I'll nominate the best and the best of the other 2 is down to who stayed longer. This being Eric Odhiambo

08/09 (SPL from Jan 27th) - Best: Richie Foran. Worst: Brian Kerr

09/10 (SFL 1) - Best: Jonny Hayes. Worst: Chris Eagle

10/11 (SPL) - Best:  Aaron Doran (loan initially in Jan)  Worst: Gil Blumstein. Though looking at the players who came in now, it's less than inspiring.

11/12 (SPL) - Best: Very tough to call between Andy Shinnie, Billy Mckay and even Josh Meekings. I'm going for McKay due to him still being here (unlike Shinnie, though I'd argue he's a better player perhaps). Worst: Much easier. Tom Aldred.

12/13 (SPL) Best: Gary Warren Worst: Where to start. Simon King was permanently injured, Andre Blackman? George Brislen-Hall? Jordan Gibbon? Charlie Taylor? All on loan but none made an impact. But I'm going to have to go for Jason Oswell as he was deemed so bad that he was away in January.

13/14 (SPL ongoing) Best thus far: Dean Brill. Worst thus far: Curtis Allen.

Note Charlie Taylor was only a contender for worst as he was another loan signing who didn't do too much, though admittedly he did fairly well and better than others.. I listed Oswell as the worst

And I meant Robert Eagle.