FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Prices for Dundee Utd game

Guest Jroict

£25 for the main stand for the cup game - some reward for season ticket holders ! I will be at home. I doubt there will be 3000 there at these prices :018:

In the Cup home (SPL) clubs have to charge SPL admission prices unless alternative prices can be agreed with the opposition club. It is my understanding that Dundee United were not prepared to agree to reduce the adult prices and have only agreed to a limited reduction in concession prices. In this instance the club tried but were thwarted so lets not blame ICT for this one.

For anyone that doesnt know ....

[li]Main Stand – Adult - £25 & Concession - £15[/li]
    [li]North & South Stand – Adult - £20 & Concession - £10[/li]
    [li]There will be no family tickets.[/li]

Guest Arab4Ever

In the Cup home (SPL) clubs have to charge SPL admission prices unless alternative prices can be agreed with the opposition club. It is my understanding that Dundee United were not prepared to agree to reduce the adult prices and have only agreed to a limited reduction in concession prices. In this instance the club tried but were thwarted so lets not blame ICT for this one.

For anyone that doesnt know ....

• [li]Main Stand – Adult - £25 & Concession - £15[/li]
    [li]North & South Stand – Adult - £20 & Concession - £10[/li]
    [li]There will be no family tickets.[/li]

If a limited reduction for a concession comes to a tenner Im not sure I wanna know how much they usually are. You're correct about Utd refusing a drop in price. Fair enough in a buisness sense but as always its the fans that suffer.. :007:

At the last meeting with the Trust the club said they were going to contact United to try and come up with an attractive pricing structure for this game.  I believe this has now been done but the Arabs were having none of it apart from agreeing to a bit of a discount on concession prices. 

I have to say that is disappointing but I believe it is not ICT's fault.

OK, so ICT tried to get prices reduced and failed, however there are other things that could be done to help reduce the financial burden/compensate our fans attending the match.

Lets say ICT wanted to knock £5 of all tickets.  Conservative estimate of 3000 crowd means they are going to get inthe region of £7500 more than they had budgeted for. (crude maths I know, butit gives the idea)

Why not put that money back in to encouraging people along with a special offer of some kind....e.g:

1.  Discount Voucher for our next home match with every full price ticket (although this doesn't help Season Ticket holders)

2.  Voucher for a free Pie & Drink with every full price ticket.

3.  Discount Voucher for the Club Shop with every full price ticket.

4.  Free Scarf or hat or whatever with every full price ticket

(maybe something free that makes a noise and can be used to get crowd going)

I realise the price (in this instance) is out of their control, but it's this apparent inability for the club to think outside the box that irks me.  In short, if you can't reduce what your taking from fans to give better value, then give them something extra to justify the cost.

CaleyD that is exactly what Dundee United are doing. The critical thing here is any voucher scheme would only benefit ICT and curiously enough our next league game is against Dundee United. It will add to our determination to beat them for once again being so bloody minded.

15 January 2007

Supporters attending tomorrow night's Scottish Cup tie against St Mirren will be rewarded with a voucher worth up to £10 off the cost of next season's season ticket - effectively reducing the real cost of admission on the night to half price! Alternatively, fans can use the voucher to gain a £5 reduction at the next home SPL game against Dunfermline.

Pay-at-the-gate prices tomorrow are £19 and £21 for adults and £9 and £11 for concessions (Under-18s and Over-60s). Everyone who enters the ground will receive a Reward Voucher which can be used to take £5 off the gate price at our next SPL home match against Dunfermline on 27 January or £10 off the 2007/08 Season Ticket.

Caley Ds point matches my original point - no imagination at all from our marketing people - oh its Uniteds fault take it or leave it - -well I am no marketing expert but I will put my £25 I am saving on a bet that the attendance will be rubbish :024:

Caley Ds point matches my original point - no imagination at all from our marketing people - oh its Uniteds fault take it or leave it - -well I am no marketing expert but I will put my £25 I am saving on a bet that the attendance will be rubbish :024:

I'd give you odds of at best 1/100 for that.

Guest Arab4Ever

More than we would normally pay in the KBFE (17 & 13 squid). I suppose The Grocer has to try and find funds for transfers and wages from somewhere - greedy little beggar.

Bit ironic that the greedy grocer charges £9 for a concession and your joiner or whatever charges £15 for one, If you had a better support then we wouldnt it wouldnt need to be done I suppose. While we're at it I dont think he's even our chairmen any more.

If you had a better support then we wouldnt it wouldnt need to be done I suppose.

Quite right! Support your local team I say!

While we're at it I dont think he's even our chairmen any more.

You'd think you would feckin know that Mr Arab4amonthortwo  :015:

Well he is not getting my money. Anyway back to the point - where is the voucher/discount scheme for us season ticket holders - poor show ICT

Too true.  Remember the drop in attendances for the Ayr and Plastic Whistle ties last season, even with lower prices. We'll lose many of the core support who will hope we get through and get a more lucrative tie in the next round (Deveronvale at PRP)?