FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for Aberdeen

Guest Shaun

Guest Shaun

For me, Dean Brill has to come back into team as does Ofere with Watkins playing on wing or behind Ofere.

I'd go with:

Brill

Raven; Meekings; Warren; Shinnie

Ross; Draper; Christie; Doran

Watkins

Ofere.

Bench: Esson; Tremarco; Devine; Williams; Tansey; Vincent and Kink.

Edited by Shaun

Brill

Draper; Tansey,

Watkins, Ross/Christie, Williams.

Ofere.

Pretty tough choice picking the team with so many 1st choice players. I would put Marley out wide again against Considine, he's turned him inside out in the past, its a bit of a Rossco scenario, where do you put someone who can play in most positions.

Not sure about subs but as long as a player with fresh legs, wants to bust his guts to get to the ball or continually make a run on the wings for the last 15 mins then he should be picked.

Edited by 12th Man

Brill

Draper; Tansey,

Ross Christie, Williams.

Watkins

For me Essons distribution is poor at times and is nothing more than lumping the ball aimlessly upfield rather than build from the back. Ofere flaters to decieve, he is big and strong but clumsy and might work well as a traget man but thats not how we play because we dont whip balls into the box from the wings enough. Watkins has pace to get behind a defence if our midfield created a bit more. Nick Ross had a good game on Sat so deserves to stay in the side, Doran didnt and Williams offers more.

Brill

Raven Warren  Meekings   Shinnie

Draper   Tansey

Watkins            Ross         Williams

Ofere

Subs: Doran, Christie, Vincent, Polworth, Tremarco, Esson , Devine

Bring Christie on for Ross after 60 min and Doran for Williams. could always go to 4-4-2 with Watkins and Ofere if necessary.

Astonished that some people are dropping Tansey and Doran while saying Nick Ross should keep his place and played well on Saturday. Nick Ross was neat and tidy as he always is but didn't carry the same threat as Doran does. We play a lot better with Doran in the team and he gives us a lot more options. Renegade - Doran played wide left for majority of second had on Saturday and did okay beating his man and getting crosses in so what is the issue. He can play wide on either wing and really gives us something different.

Tansey is probably our best/most creative midfielder and if he is dropped, who replaces him?.

Same team for me with exception of maybe Brill replacing Esson and Ofere on from the start relacing Ross or Christie.

Cant believe some people are still wanting Watkins up front again!!! feckin unbelievable. Playing him there is a waste of time, he has scored ONCE since Billy left.

I Hughes had woken up a bit we might have had a striker lined up.

We need goals, and Watkins is not the answer.

I wasn't at the Dundee game. Was Esson so bad that nobody is supporting him retaining his place ?

It's not the last game but all games since Hamilton. Esson and Brill are equally good keepers but our back line were better organised with Deano behind them. It took quite a bit of time for this to happen and now they are making the same errors they did before the understanding between keeper and defenders was worked out. IMHO.

I wasn't at the Dundee game. Was Esson so bad that nobody is supporting him retaining his place ?

Brill needs to start playing games to get him back up to speed. Harsh on Esson to drop out but I'd rather Brill being fully fit and ready for the Semi final.

Nothing wrong with Esson playing in goal. He is less panicky when receiving a pass back. The Dundee goal was down to Meekings not reacting quick enough and the ball came off him into the path of Clarkson. Esson had no chance with the goal, or possibly most since he came back.

• Agree 1

Going to disagree with that, Esson's reactions have slowed over the last few seasons, he should have been alert enough to anticipate that shot,  Clarkson was completely unmarked and Esson  should  have moved accordingly, Also there were many times when #he just managed to evade the embarrassment of losing the ball when the pass backs were there for him to collect comfortably. He is still a good keeper but not the one he used to be. It has to be Brill we need his commanding presence and reactive ability. 

Since Esson came back we have lost eleven goals in eleven games. Brill conceded 13 goals in the previous eleven games.  It's not an exact science but it tells me there is not much difference in terms of ability. I stand by my reckoning that Esson has me more at ease than Brill when receiving pass backs. In fact if I remember correctly, Brill has been culpable for four or five defensive cock ups this season and numerous erse clenchers.

Show me his bloopers then try and find as many that Esson has made.

Granted at the time when Brill made the said bloopers, we were in a transition period to change to the passing style of play set out by Yogi and you obviously can't get it perfect first time round. I personally thought that Brill has been more comfortable with the passes back to him than he was this time last year. 

Esson is a good keeper without a doubt but I just think individually Brill brings more to the team.