FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ref v. Celtic

RossP

DOUGIE McDonald has been put in charge of the Scottish Cup quarter-final tie between Inverness Caley Thistle and Celtic, which is being shown live on Sky Sports a week on Sunday.

Earlier this week McDonald was at the centre of controversy when he awarded a penalty kick to Rangers during their SPL win over Kilmarnock and later admitted his mistake after he had viewed the incident on television.

Either he could be more generous to the "wee" team now...

... or he's a undercover Hun, who'll give us anything, just to beat Celtic

... or he'll give Celtic loads of dodgy decisions to make it an even dose of bias between the Old Firm  :015:

The man's a balloon. I seem to recall he did the semi-final against Dundee when he failed to send off Wilkie for the blatant second yellow. And then there was the 28 minute tie at Rugby Park...  :017:

Here's what he said regarding his shocking performance in Killie v Rangers :

"I am disappointed in myself in that my own high standards have been compromised," he said.

I think it's more a case that he sets himself low standards, and then constantly fails to reach them.

I agree totally yngwie, in fact i think you should tell him yersel a week sunday, that is as long as yer not attending another rugger match instead. :016:

I'm praying Mantis was able to eventually get through and get the tickets. Failing, that, I'm sure I'll find another poncey sport to watch that day. When does the polo season start?  :016:

Guest PaulieBee

Wouldnt be my first choice of ref either.  If I remember right he was also in charge when we got knocked out of the CIS cup earlier in the season.

Mind you the 4th official might be the busy one bearing in mind the amount of times someone was out of his technical area when the teams last met :023:

I'm praying Mantis was able to eventually get through and get the tickets. Failing, that, I'm sure I'll find another poncey sport to watch that day. When does the polo season start?  :016:

Did I ever let you down Foggy? And I never made you listen to Pavlov's Mutt either  :015:

Seem to remember he was involved in an extremely controversial game at Kilmarnock 3 or 4 years ago.

Can't remember much about it other than Craig Levein, at the time Hearts manager, got heavily fined for his after match comments and was so incensed by the whole affair that he refused to pay it.

He's asked for Thai food so the Stadium need to make a special effort in the Referees fridge and kitchen before the game, again at half time and possibly at full time. Whatever we do don't criticeise him. Referees need support and encouragement. After the Juanjo incident and the Killie farce he owes us a special performance so here's hoping McManus is off early on. We do not want the Thai going to a replay. Glasgow would be in a far better position to oblige.