FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Supporting Celtic/Rangers

RiG

Will you be cheering on the OF tonight and tomorrow?  

56 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

Not me though. During the European tournaments I break with my "hate OF" tradition and give my backing to whichever Scottish teams are in the competitions, genuinely hoping they prevail.

Strangely, I could never do that with Elgin City when they were (quite often) the sole non-league representatives in the Scottish Cup, although admittedly I was young and foolish then!

Incidentally I have noticed, during European nights, people on these boards openly hating Celtic in a Rangers way and similarly hating Rangers in a Celtic way, if you see what I mean.

Ha! I know who you are!!

Guest donmac298

For someone who served in Northern Ireland  at the height of the "Troubles" I think I am more qualified than you to know the difference RIG.

For someone who served in Northern Ireland  at the height of the "Troubles" I think I am more qualified than you to know the difference RIG.

I am merely putting my opinion across. I don't expect you to agree with it.

I will always root for any Scottish team in europe because their success is good for Scottish football.

Even ones whose fans perform Hitler salutes while playing a game in Israel?

What a clown. If you hate The Rangers, thats your pathetic choice, but to try & accuse the bears of a nazi salute, well thats just the insidious behaviour i'd expect from a supporter of a jealous, non-entity club.

What a clown. If you hate The Rangers, thats your pathetic choice, but to try & accuse the bears of a nazi salute, well thats just the insidious behaviour i'd expect from a supporter of a jealous, non-entity club.

Why is it pathetic to dislike a club whose fans seem intent on shaming Scottish football with their disgraceful actions whenever they go into Europe?

Your supporters actions in Villareal were disgusting as well and Rangers fans give Scottish Football a bad name. That's why I refuse to support them in Europe.

I see also that you have to resort to abuse to try and get your "points" across much like you did in the thread with Charles Bannerman the other day. Now that is really pathetic.

I suppose it just goes to show that the raison d'etre for Rangers is religious bigotry. And Celtic too, I suppose.

Perhaps a few people do support Rangers and Celtic as their local team.

But I would suggest that anyone old enough to decide for themselves, without connections to the relevant parts of Glasgow, who supports either of those two teams, does so for reasons of religious bigotry.

People can find fault with the twins of evil. People can even have good things to say about them. Personally I take it all with a pinch of salt. No matter who the Scottish team are thats doing well in europe I give not a toss. I will. however, root for them for the simple fact that if they get consistant good results then more places will open up for other Scottish teams. And that can only be good for the game in this small nation of ours. So whether you are a bigot or a victim of bigotry, or even if you support a team because of the football, please try and put it all aside and support the future of the game.

Anf finally, WELL DONE TO BOTH TWINS THIS WEEK

im not having that as an excuse, if the nazi party set up shop in inverness would you join them because they were your local party.  regardless of where their fans come from theyre all guilty by association

brand new poster why did you start crying when RIG said he hated rangers.  are you a fcukwit

im not having that as an excuse, if the nazi party set up shop in inverness would you join them because they were your local party.

If I was a nazi, why sure I would, rather than joining the Glasgow nazi shop. But I'm not a nazi.

If you'd lived on Ibrox road, or whatever it's called, since the day you were born, I'm pretty sure you'd support Rangers. It would be your local team. Unless of course you didn't like football!

Don't get me wrong - I hate Celtic and Rangers too. But you've got to accept that even they have got genuine football supporters.